Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 questions
633 7 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WindSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

1. Can a CW motor be used CCW as well? usually reverse rotation is a matter of wire connection only.
2. can P4 camera be upgraded to P4Pro?
2017-2-2
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

1. Usually the screw threads are in opposite directions, but with a P4 motor I guess you can just change the prop mount?
2. I'm certain that will be a no, although I haven't tried.
2017-2-2
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would think not as the brushless motor is depending on ESC IC board.
2017-2-2
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I believe reversing the motor from CW to CCW and the threads being set up for CC, the propellers wouldn't be self locking, they'd come off on startup, or while your flying.
2017-2-2
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-2-2 15:29
I believe reversing the motor from CW to CCW and the threads being set up for CC, the propellers wouldn't be self locking, they'd come off on startup, or while your flying.

one supplier only had one type of motor. with the quick coupling i understand that it needs changed as well, but the motor itself i was wondering whether is only a matter of right wire connections. the esc feeds three wires to the motor and those are power, so shouldn't make any difference, i guess.
2017-2-2
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-2 15:37
one supplier only had one type of motor. with the quick coupling i understand that it needs changed as well, but the motor itself i was wondering whether is only a matter of right wire connections. the esc feeds three wires to the motor and those are power, so shouldn't make any difference, i guess.

It may not even need rewiring since the difference could be in the esc rather than the motor or the connector.

The screws on top of the motors certainly all turn the normal direction so you can just swap the prop holders to the correct direction.
2017-2-2
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

dji uses two different part numbers for the motors, so they must be different
2017-2-2
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Not a problem with electric heli's....I would imagine that it should be fine in theory.    Just have to have on the correct prop mount...seem to me   
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules