Using CINESSD
7571 22 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tv510
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161818 ft
United States

I just got my Inpire 2 which I also paid for the licence key.

When I try to use my CINESSD 120 that just arrived - it doesn't work. I understand that I can't record 5.2 K until I get the 480 CINESSD but I should be able to record something on it, yes?

A) Do I need to download the licence key into my Inspire 2?  If so, how do I do that?  

Should the licence key be on some paper work from B&H where I bought it?

I am able to format the CINESSD but nothing more.
2017-2-2
Use props
tv510
lvl.1
United States

I have downloaded the assistant and indeed everything is activated.  Now how do I get the drone to record in one of these formats on the CINESSD?
2017-2-2
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

In the video settings mode....Turn on where it says ssd, and choose your format.
2017-2-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Read the manual before you operate your equipment. Have people forgotten how to read?
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tv510 Posted at 2017-2-2 13:41
I have downloaded the assistant and indeed everything is activated.  Now how do I get the drone to record in one of these formats on the CINESSD?

Thomasakira is correct.
2017-2-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-2-2 15:32
Read the manual before you operate your equipment. Have people forgotten how to read?

Didn't mean any offence here but really, DJI does have good FAQ postings on this website and its manual is excellent. If you are toying around with such an expensive piece of kit, doesn't it make sense to check out the instructions?
2017-2-2
Use props
tv510
lvl.1
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-2-2 22:20
Didn't mean any offence here but really, DJI does have good FAQ postings on this website and its manual is excellent. If you are toying around with such an expensive piece of kit, doesn't it make sense to check out the instructions?

What I couldn't find was where the license key was indeed on the machine.  I had bought the drone with the license key alone. It's not super clear.  Once I downloaded  Assistant,  (Which is labeled for the Phantom, so I kept passing it by)  I got it working.  I had to be "approved" by the Assistant software that meant that I had to hook the drone up to the computer.  The operation took all of 30 seconds once the Assistant was downloaded.
Thanks for your help.
2017-2-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

tv510 Posted at 2017-2-3 15:25
What I couldn't find was where the license key was indeed on the machine.  I had bought the drone with the license key alone. It's not super clear.  Once I downloaded  Assistant,  (Which is labeled for the Phantom, so I kept passing it by)  I got it working.  I had to be "approved" by the Assistant software that meant that I had to hook the drone up to the computer.  The operation took all of 30 seconds once the Assistant was downloaded.
Thanks for your help.

If you purchase the PREMIUM COMBO, then the ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses are auto-activated. You can tell because they have a sticker on the craft.

If you purchase the aircraft independently together with a license, then the license is an 'add on' which needs to be activated by checking with the Assistant App. ProRes and DNG licenses can be bought separately and post sale.  
DJI should just put a sticker (like they do with credit cards) that you need to activate your license before the SSD functionality is turned on.

Here are some other useful answers to SSD use http://www.dji.com/support/product/inspire-2#faq-group-1_0

2017-2-3
Use props
fanse9ef7a2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293235 ft
Malaysia

I am having exactly the same problem after purchasing the combo package. Unfortunately the DJI Assistant 2 doesn't work so I haven't been able to access the SSD cards. No repose from DJi. What to do ?
2017-2-7
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need licence key to record 5.2k VIDEO
2017-2-8
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can record 5.2 K
you just need to study and read carefully ...
ProRes 422HQ 5280x2160 up to 30FPS on a 120Gb card 13min of recording
2017-2-8
Use props
bbrentson
New

United States

Mike I'm not sure what documentation you're looking at, but regarding the CineSSD, there's very little that's addressed.  It says to insert it into the aircraft.  That the DJI Go app will detect it.  It doesn't indicate where this is found in the app or anything.  As someone that actually writes documentation and training materials, they have a ways to go.
2017-3-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

bbrentson Posted at 2017-3-20 13:07
Mike I'm not sure what documentation you're looking at, but regarding the CineSSD, there's very little that's addressed.  It says to insert it into the aircraft.  That the DJI Go app will detect it.  It doesn't indicate where this is found in the app or anything.  As someone that actually writes documentation and training materials, they have a ways to go.

I was referring to the FAQ pages on the DJI website devoted to licensing issues for the SSD...
http://www.dji.com/support/product/inspire-2

2017-3-20
Use props
bbrentson
New

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-20 15:02
I was referring to the FAQ pages on the DJI website devoted to licensing issues for the SSD...

Ok that's fine.  When you go into the DJI 4 Go app, it lists the fact that no SD card is installed.  No where in the documentation does it specify where to enable the SSD nor how to enable the feature.  It simply states how to insert the SSD stick.  I think it's pretty obvious how to insert the stick.  But again, the app isn't allowing me to access the SSD.  It's already formatted.  I see this when using the dock.  So my point is the documentation is not as complete as you suggest.  The license keys for the PRORes and the CinemaDMG aren't seen unless you peck through the Assistant app.  So I actually get the original persons post.  Again, not to be difficult but DJIs documentation still needs work.  Their support can use a bit of help as well.
2017-3-20
Use props
bbrentson
New

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-20 15:02

Ok that's fine.  When you go into the DJI 4 Go app, it lists the fact that no SD card is installed.  No where in the documentation does it specify where to enable the SSD nor how to enable the feature.  It simply states how to insert the SSD stick.  I think it's pretty obvious how to insert the stick.  But again, the app isn't allowing me to access the SSD.  It's already formatted.  I see this when using the dock.  So my point is the documentation is not as complete as you suggest.  The license keys for the PRORes and the CinemaDMG aren't seen unless you peck through the Assistant app.  So I actually get the original persons post.  Again, not to be difficult but DJIs documentation still needs work.  Their support can use a bit of help as well.
2017-3-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

bbrentson Posted at 2017-3-20 19:34

Curious - did you purchase the license separately? If so, I think DJI in their marketing wisdom, makes the process of registering a little less transparent than desired.

If you purchased the Combo and report having the kinds of issues you have, then its anomalous....

The former route costs more if you're buying BOTH CineRaw and ProRes together but cheaper if you take one or the other. Hey,  they learned these marketing tricks from the US....
2017-3-20
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can I record videos using the ssd with having  a license just to record and ha ve fun
2017-12-23
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have a question this is my first inspire 2 I have the x4s camera I did not get license can I still use the cinessd and the station to record and export please help many thanks.
2017-12-29
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Can I record with cinessd and use the station to export without buying license I just want to record videos
2017-12-29
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Any help on my question
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa
lvl.1
United States

Didn't mean any offence here but really, DJI does have good FAQ postings on this website and its manual is excellent. If you are toying around with such an expensive piece of kit, doesn't it make sense to check out the instructions?

Hate to burst your bubble there big guy, but some of us couldn't afford a new inspire 2, and purchased them used. We join the forums to gain experience from people whom purchased the units new, have received, read, said booklets, and experienced the crafts. We hope also they are willing to share their knowledge, and insights with newcomers.  I myself have asked support a few times and get some weird computer generated response or a sorry we don't have that in stock answer.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_by6DTEKCdDxW
lvl.1

United States

hey whats upi am having the excact same problem  .   bought the inspire 2   with the licence but it won't  read the card   it reads my sd card but not my cinesdd  stick  i  hooked up my drone to my computer and downloaded the assistant then upgreaded all my firm where   my  licences are activated but it wont let me load licence it tells  me to purchase licence even though it says that the licences are already   activated . in your post you said you had to be approved and it took you 30 mins   .  How did you get approved?? please help
2021-2-11
Use props
djiuser_by6DTEKCdDxW
lvl.1

United States

hey whats upi am having the excact same problem  .   bought the inspire 2   with the licence but it won't  read the card   it reads my sd card but not my cinesdd  stick  i  hooked up my drone to my computer and downloaded the assistant then upgreaded all my firm where   my  licences are activated but it wont let me load licence it tells  me to purchase licence even though it says that the licences are already   activated . in your post you said you had to be approved and it took you 30 mins   .  How did you get approved?? please help
2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules