1464 15 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying my new I2 and the forward "radar" display feature is turned on (green switch icon) but greyed out in the settings and the "radar" doesn't appear on the screen during flight or anytime - what am I missing here - I've searched everywhere - all the sensors are enabled and I'm flying in P mode.... - iPad Pro latest software etc etc

-john
2017-2-2
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

John,
  The FPV window is only available on tablets and that is where the range radar should show up......
Edit:
As Coigreach points out, I missed that you are using the iPad Pro. So the range radar bands are not showing in your FPV window?

I believe the sensors need to sense some movement to compare scenes and calculate steroscopic distances for the radar to first show up. And naturally, some obstacle needs to be within the field of view....

2017-2-2
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-2 19:11
John,
  Are you using a cell phone size mobile device? The FPV window is only available on tablets and that is where the range radar should show up......

First Officer Daroga,

If you read his question he says he is using Ipad pro. that means it's either 9.7 inch or 12.9 inch

Hobbyist ocelot27 I have only had mine up in the air for less than 10 mins as I've had problems with props since day 1 (4 weeks ago). I'm on my way to a local dealer that has just told me of their new prop deliver so I'm heading there to see if they can help me. all that said I will check today to see if I can help you.
Karl
2017-2-2
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-2 19:26
First Officer Daroga,

If you read his question he says he is using Ipad pro. that means it's either 9.7 inch or 12.9 inch

Thanks Karl, I missed that he is using the iPad Pro.....
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware or software update?
2017-2-2
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 21:45
Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware or software update?

No - I have not been prompted to install any new firmware by the app - been this way since it booted up for the first time - not even sure what the latest FW version is??? -- excuse the mess the man cave needs some work...

IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
2017-2-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

The Radar will NOT display if the landing gear is down.     When the landing gear is down the Obstetrical Avoidance is actually turned off.
2017-2-3
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-3 09:21
The Radar will NOT display if the landing gear is down.     When the landing gear is down the Obstetrical Avoidance is actually turned off.

I haven't seen it in flight either though - so it will only ever display on the FPV camera?  Is there some where you can look up the latest firmware like with the inspire 1?  I don't trust this auto-firmware update stuff.

Thanks,

-john
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Do you have a screen shot of it grayed out during flight?
2017-2-3
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-3 09:21

I haven't seen it in flight either though - so it will only ever display on the FPV camera view?  I guess I need to think more about how to use the FPV camera flying alone coming from the Inspire 1.

Is there somewhere you can look up the latest firmware like with the inspire 1?  I don't trust this auto-firmware update stuff.

Thanks,

-john
2017-2-3
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-3 10:52
Do you have a screen shot of it grayed out during flight?

will get one...
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-2-3 10:56
I haven't seen it in flight either though - so it will only ever display on the FPV camera view?  I guess I need to think more about how to use the FPV camera flying alone coming from the Inspire 1.

Is there somewhere you can look up the latest firmware like with the inspire 1?  I don't trust this auto-firmware update stuff.

Have you downloaded DJI assistant 2 for pc.
then connected pc to i2 via double sided USB (switch down near usb on i2) power up i2 ... then on dji assistant on pc click on inspire 2 should be straight forward from there!
2017-2-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-2-3 10:56

Yes, it will only show up on the FPV View.. It will NOT show up on the regular camera view.
2017-2-3
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-3 12:57
Yes, it will only show up on the FPV View.. It will NOT show up on the regular camera view.

Got it - too crappy outside today to fly - will take a screenshot of the FPV while flying ASAP - one more quick question can anyone explain the little yellow "H" circle in the FPV view - it moves around so I'm guessing its a home reference of some sort?  Be nice if there was some documentation on the new app somewhere...
2017-2-3
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-2-3 13:44
Got it - too crappy outside today to fly - will take a screenshot of the FPV while flying ASAP - one more quick question can anyone explain the little yellow "H" circle in the FPV view - it moves around so I'm guessing its a home reference of some sort?  Be nice if there was some documentation on the new app somewhere...

You're correct, it's the Home Point. Fly the + in the middle of the FPV screen to the 'H', and you're headed straight home....
2017-2-3
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-3 16:49
You're correct, it's the Home Point. Fly the + in the middle of the FPV screen to the 'H', and you're headed straight home....

OK - so I was mistaken - or the firmware update ("conflict") that occurred automajically yesterday fixed it - I now see the indicators in the FPV view whilst flying!

As an aside the I2 is a dream to fly - if you liked the I1 you'll be in heaven - the power and agility are remarkable and at the same time it's like a flying tripod and I haven't even played around with the smart features yet...  Yesterday I was in 20-25mph winds at 100M above the deck and it was able to keep a completely motionless hover.

-john
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules