P3S Shutter Setting
537 1 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7abb5ff0
lvl.1

United States

So I set video to 1920x1080 and with 30 fps I want to set shutter speed to 60. I find the only menu item labeled "shutter" and when I dial it down from where it currently was (800-1000) to 60, it blows out brilliant white. Obviously a bad thing. So do I have the right menu item or is this an ND filter thing? Being an engineer I am into things technical but this photography thing has escaped me over the decades.
2017-2-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I want to set shutter speed to 60. I find the only menu item labeled "shutter" and when I dial it down from where it currently was (800-1000) to 60, it blows out brilliant white."

The problem here is that the lens is fairly fast (it lets a lot of light in - f2.8) and your average daylight scene would give a rough exposure value of 1/100th sec at f11 using ISO = 100.
Because you can't stop down the aperture and it stays wide open letting lots of light in, the correct exposure would be around 5 stops more than the setting you want.
That's why it's over exposed - it needs to have the light hitting the sensor reduced by about 5 stops if you want to use 1/60th with that lens in good daylight.
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules