Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad mini 4
2166 11 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone using iPad Mini 4 with their Mavic? Does it fit in the controller?
2017-2-4
Use props
Motty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24127 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, there are lots of vids - see here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mavic+pro+ipad+pro
2017-2-4
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Motty Posted at 2017-2-4 11:12
Yes, there are lots of vids - see here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mavic+pro+ipad+pro

Cheer Motty! Had a look at a couple of the videos, not the most elegant of solutions but I've just ordered my iPad mini 4, picking it up tomorrow.
2017-2-4
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-4 11:31
Cheer Motty! Had a look at a couple of the videos, not the most elegant of solutions but I've just ordered my iPad mini 4, picking it up tomorrow.

It might not look elegant, but the fit and feel of the total assembly works very well.  I would prefer it over any sort of bolt-on tablet holder which can block the site line to the RC.  IPad Mini 4 fits just right in my opinion and very snug.  Make sure you get yourself a short (6") right-angled lightning/USB cable.
2017-2-4
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-4 11:41
It might not look elegant, but the fit and feel of the total assembly works very well.  I would prefer it over any sort of bolt-on tablet holder which can block the site line to the RC.  IPad Mini 4 fits just right in my opinion and very snug.  Make sure you get yourself a short (6") right-angled lightning/USB cable.

Thanks Petroboy. Picking up my iPad mini 4 tomorrow from the Apple Store, so will take my controller with me to sort out best cable length, Had a short lightning cable for my Phantom 4 but sold it with the Phantom....doh!
2017-2-4
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-4 11:46
Thanks Petroboy. Picking up my iPad mini 4 tomorrow from the Apple Store, so will take my controller with me to sort out best cable length, Had a short lightning cable for my Phantom 4 but sold it with the Phantom....doh!

As I mentioned, 6" works best.  I had a 12" cable but it is too long.  There are links posted for the shorter ones on Amazon etc. if Apple doesn't have what you need.

Also, make sure you completely remove the DJI short cable and the little square plastic "slider" on the left hand side of the controller before inserting the IPad Mini.
2017-2-4
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-4 11:52
As I mentioned, 6" works best.  I had a 12" cable but it is too long.  There are links posted for the shorter ones on Amazon etc. if Apple doesn't have what you need.

Also, make sure you completely remove the DJI short cable and the little square plastic "slider" on the left hand side of the controller before inserting the IPad Mini.

Cheers, got that!
2017-2-4
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

In the meantime, I have a brand new PadHat sun visor for iPad Air and Apple Smartcase (used) for iPad Air free of charge for anyone in the UK.
2017-2-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take your 12" one and cut it....it's simple..took me about 15 mins to cut, strip the wires, solder and shrink wrap....I stripped the wires back and shrinked wrapped each one then did another wrap over it all to look good...$0 ...just saying.
2017-2-4
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The beauty of the MAVIC PRO is the controller... I would not change it for anything...   

Otherwise go get a P4P
2017-2-4
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-4 11:56
In the meantime, I have a brand new PadHat sun visor for iPad Air and Apple Smartcase (used) for iPad Air free of charge for anyone in the UK.

Hi , I will take you up on the offer of sunshade and case if you still have them , I bought your P4 if you remember, will also pm you ,
Cheers
Chris
2017-3-2
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Pm replied to ,thanks
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced