Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
max altitude above/below controller?
1106 9 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im looking for the maximum altitude above or below the controller the Inspire 2 will go.  Is the operational ceiling height the same thing?  
2017-2-4
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Good question Eggbeater. The max above would be 500m, however, I have not heard of the max below. I cannot see a reason for DJI to set a max lower limit other than to avoid going too low to get back safely before the battery dies.

How low can you go?

Mark G.
2017-2-6
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That distance in altitude is important because I fly in mountains that exceed 500m from the base.  The regulations in the USA allow 400 above ground level, aren't mountain peaks considered ground level when you directly above them?  Its legal for me to fly up the side of the mountain to the peak as long as I remain under 400 feet above sides and top of the mountain I'm flying up.  There doesn't need to be an altitude limit in a professional machine.  I should be able to fly to the maximum service ceiling height of 16000+ from standing at sea level.
2017-2-6
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

eggbeater Posted at 2017-2-6 10:30
That distance in altitude is important because I fly in mountains that exceed 500m from the base.  The regulations in the USA allow 400 above ground level, aren't mountain peaks considered ground level when you directly above them?  Its legal for me to fly up the side of the mountain to the peak as long as I remain under 400 feet above sides and top of the mountain I'm flying up.  There doesn't need to be an altitude limit in a professional machine.  I should be able to fly to the maximum service ceiling height of 16000+ from standing at sea level.

What if RTH is initiated?
2017-2-8
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

good question
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The altitude is calculated from the starting point of the aircraft, not the controller. The max altitude only affects the positive integers of the altitude and not the negative. If you fly down a canyon, for instance, there would not be a limit as to how far down you go. The exception to that would just be RC reception to the aircraft itself in general.
2017-2-8
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 13:07
The altitude is calculated from the starting point of the aircraft, not the controller. The max altitude only affects the positive integers of the altitude and not the negative. If you fly down a canyon, for instance, there would not be a limit as to how far down you go. The exception to that would just be RC reception to the aircraft itself in general.

Thank you for the clarification.  

2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-2-8 14:06
Thank you for the clarification.  

Here is a list of transmitter towers that cannot be surveyed by the Inspire 2.   I'm providing this list so there is no misunderstanding as to how hobbling the arbitrary 500 meter limit is here in the USA where there is no distance limit in VLOS rules.

It's something that I can forward to the development team for further review.
2017-2-8
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 15:48
It's something that I can forward to the development team for further review.

trying to respond to your PM
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-2-8 16:55
trying to respond to your PM

It looks like I'm having a hard time receiving it. Could you happen to try again?
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules