Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens recommendations please for X5
721 0 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadagoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80499 ft
Canada

Hi guys, I just acquired a I1 pro with the X5 with no lens. I shoot just about all stills and am looking for lenses that render sharp and vibrant colours. I am a photographer by trade but am fairly new to the aerial world of photography. I've done a lot of reading and it seems that the Olympus lenses are the most recommended, in particular the 12mm F2.0.

The 12mm is not in my budget at this point unless I can find a used one for a fair price. My other option is to buy a couple of Olympus fixed focal length lenses which is cheaper than the 12mm. I see that there are zoom lenses that are reasonably priced but I think the quality is more in the fixed lenses rather than the cheaper zooms. I also see other manufacturers making lenses that will work with the X5 such as Panasonic, Sigma etc.

What I am really looking for is some recommendations from some folks who know first hand which lenses really perform and which ones don't. I'll be taking scenic and farm pictures the most.

I thank anyone who has the time and experience to help me out.  Is the X5 able to shoot in RAW?

Regards, Mike
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules