Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How is your Video transmission // On screen, stability, range
618 0 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

As one of the owners of an Inspire 2 ( X4S camera) i'd like to have some feedback frome other users about the different aspects of the quality of the video transmission. I'm living in Europe and as we have the CE (transmitting power) restrictions, the results of the live feed on the tablet (Ipad Air, hardware decode on, ios 10.1.1) is quite poor in different aspects. I didn't have a lot of possibilitys to fly but till now the performance is quite bad in comparison to the inspire 1!!

1. Resolution of the video feed doesn't really change a lot between 720p and 1080p and is even getting worst in 1080p (in europe we can't switch to manual channel selection and there's no way of reducing the bandwith for a better transmission range...if you're more than 900feets out you got a lot of freezes in the video feed). 2 or 3 times each flight i get a pixelisation like if it's a poor 480p x 240p transmission.

2. Video transmission range is very weak even at low distances. At the same place i get a very bad video feed from the inspire 2, where the inspire 1 has no problems. Having a good ininterrupted video feed is important for filming and choosing the different parameters like Iso, aperture, exposition, White balance and all the rest...

3. The strength of the HD video signal bars is fluctuating as never with my inspire 1

Please understand that i'm not here to complain, but to understand what may be wrong with the actual configuration within the inspire 2 and the Go App 4. I'm currently very satisfied with the performance of my inspire 1. Sure, the inspire 2 fly like a dream but thats all for the moment...

Feel free to give me some feedback about your experiences and analysis...

Patrick

2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules