Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Saving videos to ipad
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125 ft
United Kingdom

Help please, mine won't save thanks
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Are you talking about the low resolution preview copy you get when flying? If so, go into settings and enable caching to your device. Also, check there is room on your iPad, it may not have enough memory available to fit the videos on the iPad.

2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I don't think an iPad will render a 4K video. What resolution are you trying to load?
I bought the lighting to camera sd card reader cable, and the iPad Air2 doesn't play them. What's the point of the cable then?

That's it, I'm calling the near by Apple Store to inquire... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I created a video while flying pressed button on p3 pro controller, to look at pics n videos made managed to download n save, pics but no joy with vids, iPad is new thanks
2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:22
I created a video while flying pressed button on p3 pro controller, to look at pics n videos made managed to download n save, pics but no joy with vids, iPad is new thanks

Are you only recording in 4K or have you tried with 2.7K, perhaps even 1080P?
How are attempting transferring the video, from the micro sd card?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How do I change video recording mode? I have drone n controller switched on trying to download via the app by pressing the playback button on controller, on my ipad there's a little symbol for download etx
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:22

Do you realise that the real copy of the videos is on the SD card in the aircraft, not on the iPad? If you want to look at the photos and videos in best quality, take the SD card out of aircraft and copy the files to a computer.
2017-2-4
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I do realise this but I'd like a copy saved to ipad is it because of quality I'm recording in? If so how do u record jn 1080 or 720 jus for practise purposes thanks
2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:35
How do I change video recording mode? I have drone n controller switched on trying to download via the app by pressing the playback button on controller, on my ipad there's a little symbol for download etx

You need to go into the camera settings to change that. Switch to video and go down through the various camera parameters. Discover where everything is, and the variance of possibilities within.

I have a strong feeling that you haven't explored the app thoroughly enough, and that's not wise.
Please delve in, take notice of your various settings and become familiar with it before having a mishap that may have been avoided. I'm not judging your piloting ability. Only wishing for you to have all the info available, that will allow you to have the very best experience possible, every time you take off.
Same goes for the RTFM suggestion, that seems to be a problem for some new pilots. I am no expert or professional pilot, but am smart enough to have read and reread the manuals. As well, when ever a new firmware or app is released, please 'go' through it with a fine tooth comb, checking personal preferences, and noticing any changes to your settings, that may affect your ultimate flight happiness.
Like RTH height. It's on us, to know and appreciate all of this. Sure I could tell you how. But but but ...
The phantom camera controls are very basic, and easy to adjust, though you need to take the time, to learn them, yourself.

Please be responsible for your easy to fly safe, fun to own miniature aircraft. ;-)

Advise watching some helpful YouTube videos as well. They can also direct you to a better experience.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:45
Yes I do realise this but I'd like a copy saved to ipad is it because of quality I'm recording in? If so how do u record jn 1080 or 720 jus for practise purposes thanks

Read what I wrote in post #2.
2017-2-4
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes sorted discovered I was recording in 4k jus tried in 720 and saves fine thanks guys......I'll be back with more questions lol
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 14:40
Yes sorted discovered I was recording in 4k jus tried in 720 and saves fine thanks guys......I'll be back with more questions lol

That sounds like your iPad does not have enough free memory to store the files. Changing resolution does not change anything at the iPad end because all files sent to the iPad over the radio link are 720p anyway.

2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-4 14:40

Thanks for looking for the answer within the app.
For all and any others.
Turn on your RC, drone and app.
Above the red shutter button on the screen, you see the circular arrows.
That icon is to go between still and video choice.
Below the shutter button, is an icon with three lines and small circles.
Tap that, then tap the center icon which has a camera symbol.
The first choice Video Size, will allow you to pick which video resolution you prefer.
4K 4096x2160 24fps, next is 3840x2160 24fps or 30fps.
Lower, 2704x1520 24fps or 30fps and so on...

Thank you, for renewing my faith in humanity... Yes, there is intelligent life on earth. Ha

I could have given you those simple instructions, but by taking a short moment to discover them by yourself, is much more important to me.
Aren't you happier to have searched for the answer yourself?

Please be honest.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-4
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I am lol, discovered if I record in 4k it wont save to ipad only to laptop by removal of sd card, my next hurdle is understand the rth when it works as in metres up etc and will it land where it is or rth
2017-2-5
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-4 15:45
Thanks for looking for the answer within the app.
For all and any others.
Turn on your RC, drone and app.

I spent 5 days researching my new MPP before I flew it so I have had to ask few questions and here I am researching the Forum before I start a new Post lol.
But I have Two questions about this.
I would like to have a backup video on my iPad AIR2 64G for possible Insurance Claims or Search & Rescue until my RE Goggles arrive with the built-in 1080 DVR.
So does this mean that if you want an iPad cache you must set the camera to record at no higher than 720 and is there a limit on the frame rate also?
Something new everyday but moving forward, thanks.
2018-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-5 05:59
Yes I am lol, discovered if I record in 4k it wont save to ipad only to laptop by removal of sd card, my next hurdle is understand the rth when it works as in metres up etc and will it land where it is or rth

The better you understand your flight kit, the easier it is to overcome problems that may arise during a flight.

Yes there are ommsions in the manuals, that's where trial and error find answers. Besides the forums.

I never rely on the video in my iPad but only the micro sd card.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-17 09:55
I spent 5 days researching my new MPP before I flew it so I have had to ask few questions and here I am researching the Forum before I start a new Post lol.
But I have Two questions about this.
I would like to have a backup video on my iPad AIR2 64G for possible Insurance Claims or Search & Rescue until my RE Goggles arrive with the built-in 1080 DVR.

Like I said, I only rely on video from the micro sd cards.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules