Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal in the wind
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Had my first battery temperature warning today. Was -3C with a I was told 25 knot wind.The wind sock was perfectly horizontal.
Got the phantom in the air, but the gimbal for the camera was spazzing out.
Landed it and could not get the gimbal to behave.
Got home and tested indoors, no gimbal issues, hopefully it will be less windy tomorrow so that I can try outside.
Anybody elese ever encounter this type of behaviour?
2017-2-4
Use props
KevDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Maybe do a IMU calibration, and a gimbal calibration, I did one and the tilt of the gimbal got less, I am not sure how I can make the gimbal fully straight, but still gets really good video, and the horizon is not tilted to my needs.
2017-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-4 21:11
Maybe do a IMU calibration, and a gimbal calibration, I did one and the tilt of the gimbal got less, I am not sure how I can make the gimbal fully straight, but still gets really good video, and the horizon is not tilted to my needs.

Aloha Kev,

The calibrations for the gimbal (IMU and gimbal) are a bit tricky.  In my case, it turned out to be what sequence to use.  If I did an IMU and then a gimbal calibration, the gimbal remained tilted.  If I did the gimbal calibration and then the IMU calibration, the gimbal was level.

Worth a shot.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha sMiLeY,

The Phantom is only rated for above zero and with the wind chill factor you were flying way below zero.  I am here in Hawai'i just thinking about that poor gimbal and camera and I am spazzing out!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-4
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Well watch this vid and see my gimble compensate for a reversing drone and a gust of wind.

2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules