Mavic right side focus problem
1722 15 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbff0f47a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

So i got my mavic last week and struggked to get in the air due to the weather but finally did and was massively underwhelmed by what i got feom the camera. After investigation it looks like the right side of my shots are always out of focus while the rest of the shot is in focus ive tried a full reset, firmware refresh, calibrated everything and multiple devices too but it is still an issue and at present its not a functioning camera. Ive emailed dji but waiting for response anfter chinese new year. I will link an example video below

https://youtu.be/qRj4fd6DHbc

Completely unedited

Anyone else have experience of the solution for this. I assume it involves sending it back.
2017-2-5
Use props
eagle_one
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129442 ft
Canada

Yes I have the same problem.. I posted my image yesterday.  Looks like issue with most Jan stock.
2017-2-5
Use props
fansbff0f47a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have you had any progress with yours ?
2017-2-5
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here too, received on Jan 5th.
My Mavic currently at DJI Netherlands being fixed / swapped.
2017-2-5
Use props
eagle_one
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129442 ft
Canada

Sent email to support last night to US email and included 2 pictures.  Hopefully they will respond next week.
2017-2-5
Use props
fansbff0f47a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

How quick was the response from DJI and was there many hoops to jump through ?
2017-2-5
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

I also received mine end of January with the same issue. It's been returned to the dealer I purchased from DOA. No idea when a replacement will show up
2017-2-5
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansbff0f47a Posted at 2017-2-5 08:48
How quick was the response from DJI and was there many hoops to jump through ?

DJI support email response seems to be about 2 to 3 days here in Europe, very busy guys it seems.
Hoops? You maybe can speed things up if you upload your footage to Dropbox before contacting  them and giving them the link in your initial email.
I wasted a week by not doing this. Their first email response was on day 2 or 3 where they asked me for the Dropbox link. My Dropbox is nearly full with other stuff so I uploaded my footage to Onedrive (Microsoft Cloud) only to get an email back a few days later saying because of security issues they could not view it? So in the end I cleared my Dropbox and uploaded my footage there. After a day or 2 they agreed RMA for DOA Mavic.
That's where my Mavic is right now and still undergoing some sort of delay. I'm getting really frustrated but not throwing my toys out yet, that may happen  next week!
All I can say be patient nothing seems to happen quickly.  
Good Luck!
2017-2-5
Use props
fansbff0f47a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That's awesome advice thank you I'm uploading to Dropbox now and re writing my email to them. By hoops I meant did they give you a list of things you have to do first etc like refresh firmware and remedies calibrate......
2017-2-5
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansbff0f47a Posted at 2017-2-5 11:18
That's awesome advice thank you I'm uploading to Dropbox now and re writing my email to them. By hoops I meant did they give you a list of things you have to do first etc like refresh firmware and remedies calibrate......

Before support via email I contacted Online Live chat support.
This is what they asked me to do.

Re-format the SD Card
Calibrate the IMU and Gimbal again.
Reset the camera settings.

So If you get a chance to do all of the above and test it then it's worth a go, at least you will be able to tell them you have taken steps to sort the problem before contacting them.

None of the above worked for me though hence why the Mavic went back to DJI.
2017-2-5
Use props
fansbff0f47a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you I did all of that this morning and mine also hasn't benefited from any of it. I will see what comes from my email. Fingers crossed they just replace as it's less than 14 days of reciept
2017-2-5
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansbff0f47a Posted at 2017-2-5 12:38
Thank you I did all of that this morning and mine also hasn't benefited from any of it. I will see what comes from my email. Fingers crossed they just replace as it's less than 14 days of reciept

My Mavic has been there 8 days and they still doesn't show as "Product Received" when I check online repair Status.. Hopefully that changes in the next day or 2.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

VAS67 Posted at 2017-2-5 12:41
My Mavic has been there 8 days and they still doesn't show as "Product Received" when I check online repair Status.. Hopefully that changes in the next day or 2.

Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-2-6
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 00:50

Hi Mindy
It would be great if you could help.
My case # CAS-423271-K1X8W7

Thank You
2017-2-6
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I got a reply from DJI this afternoon and the have forwarded it to their technical dept to see if it qualifies for DOA.

Hopefully get it sorted quickly
2017-2-6
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 00:50

I checked DJI Repair Status this morning and I'm seeing some movemnet. Jumped 2 blue dots from accepted to verified all within 2hrs.. and now I also have a UPS tracking number
Not sure if it was you or Jamie (he asked for my case # on another thread) but thanks to you both and all the other Mods who help us all out
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules