Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transporting Mavic
2169 12 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bradz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am stocking up on accessories for my long awaited Mavic Fly More Combo....HURRY UP DJI!

I am curious to hear thoughts on wether the DJI shoulder bag has sufficent protection for travelling in backpacks or suitcases or should I invest in a hard shell case.  If the latter, any recommendations?  I see a lot of peli cases out there but that removes the USP of the mavic.

Many Thanks,

Brad.
2017-2-6
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic case, only marginally bigger than the box it came in.
2017-2-6
Use props
RedViking
lvl.1
Sweden

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-6 02:55
My Mavic case, only marginally bigger than the box it came in.[view_image]

which particular model is this?
2017-2-6
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedViking Posted at 2017-2-6 04:01
which particular model is this?

This is the Travel Edition by TOMcase. Available from camforpro.com. They're based in Germany but ship Worldwide. Not the cheapest of cases but pretty much bullet proof.
2017-2-6
Use props
Bradz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

This looks mint, nice and snug reducing as much space as possible and wasted air in backpacks.  Ill certainly check this out.

Thanks.
2017-2-6
Use props
jayh410
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

Is the horizontal between the batteries and the charger for the propellers?
2017-2-6
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jayh410 Posted at 2017-2-6 08:53
Is the horizontal between the batteries and the charger for the propellers?

The photo I posted is from the camforpro.com website, it shows the regular charger at the top with a charging hub next to it. Below the 2 batteries it shows the car charger. I haven't got the car charger or the hub, so have plenty of room in mine. My spare props have loads of room. What I like is the Mavic is held really securely and the controller cut out is also perfectly proportioned, so no worries about sticks being under tension. Also, this thing is built like a brick outhouse and is totally waterproof as well. Size wise, it's great for putting in an overhead locker on a flight.
2017-2-6
Use props
jayh410
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-6 09:21
The photo I posted is from the camforpro.com website, it shows the regular charger at the top with a charging hub next to it. Below the 2 batteries it shows the car charger. I haven't got the car charger or the hub, so have plenty of room in mine. My spare props have loads of room. What I like is the Mavic is held really securely and the controller cut out is also perfectly proportioned, so no worries about sticks being under tension. Also, this thing is built like a brick outhouse and is totally waterproof as well. Size wise, it's great for putting in an overhead locker on a flight.

nice that it has room for 4 micro-sd cards and an sd to micro-sd adapter in the upper left corner.
2017-2-6
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jayh410 Posted at 2017-2-6 09:47
nice that it has room for 4 micro-sd cards and an sd to micro-sd adapter in the upper left corner.

Yeah, it's a nice case. I had a look at all the cases and back packs on the market and plumped for this one. It's very similar to Pelican, B&W, Polarpro and a lot of other quality brands. What made me decide was the quality, not only of the case itself but the layout and the sharpness of the foam insert.
2017-2-6
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-6 04:11
This is the Travel Edition by TOMcase. Available from camforpro.com. They're based in Germany but ship Worldwide. Not the cheapest of cases but pretty much bullet proof.

I checked out the website. You say they aren't the cheapest, which might be true. But on the bright side, I don't think the case is too expensive. It's €99,95 and:
- can cary the Mavic, the remote, 2-4 batteries, chargers, extra props,
- it's solid and protects the drone from rough handling,
- it's waterproof,
- it's  airtight,
- it protects the Mavic from -30 to +80 degrees C.

The DJI bag (from the Fly More Combo) is €89,- when purchased separately, only €10,95 cheaper and doesn't protect it from all that. It might be a little smaller and has shoulderstrap. So it's a little easier to carry the Mavic with it, but not as protective. Plus I don't think it carries the drone, remote, 2 batteries AND 2 chargers/misc.

Of course, if you don't live in Germany there are some shipping costs involved, but even then it's a case which I am considering. So thanks for showing it!
2017-2-6
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-2-6 10:50
I checked out the website. You say they aren't the cheapest, which might be true. But on the bright side, I don't think the case is too expensive. It's €99,95 and:
- can cary the Mavic, the remote, 2-4 batteries, chargers, extra props,
- it's solid and protects the drone from rough handling,

I'm based in the UK and they charged me €12.90 for shipping which I think is quite reasonable. On top of that, they are nice people to do business with!
2017-2-6
Use props
Kilroy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17671 ft
Belgium

I have the same and I am very happy
2017-2-6
Use props
DelvecchioForza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207 ft