Blurry images = no repair, no service
1398 8 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielReichel
lvl.1

Austria

Hello

I received my Mavic Combo Set in December. After first test flight, on the right side 1/4 from the Screen in blurry/unsharp. Yes, i focused, after every image and video, auto center focus and infinity. But the image unsharp/blurry again.

So i send it to the german support, after 2 weeks, i received the mavic back. I asked what they did = nothing! They make 3 images.

left focus (outside)
right focus (outside)
center focus (inside?!?!)

Left focus
Right focus
Center focus inside?

The main problem, center focus, and they make a image inside?!?!? There is warm inside, thats not the problem!! And i think they know that.
After a lot of emails, no way to get a new working mavic that i can fly in 0-5 celsius, thats not ok. I cant use this copter for my holidays (Norway, Sweden, New Zealand in colder temps). So the mavic is useless for me.

BTW: The german support give me useless tips: I have to focus inside, and than i have to go outside..... thank you!!

I also wrote the DJI Facebook support Page, after a lot of Messages: "I discussed this with them and you stated the issue is with the cold temps.  That is not a repair issue but something for R&D to address in the future.  I am sorry but there is nothing more that I can do for you."

Wow thank you DJI

And now? I have a 1500€ mavic that i cant use in colder temps arround 1-5 celsius.

Here is one more image from yesterday, 4 celsius: Unsharp
And here is a video: Unsharp (This day was warm und sunny (0-5 celsius)

This issue is known, the sensor is not 100% centered.

Daniel
*sry for the english
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, Daniel.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
2017-2-6
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should probably contact the dji support
2017-2-6
Use props
DanielReichel
lvl.1

Austria

Hi, the Case number: CAS-372603-F0T3Q7

I contact the support, and i send the mavic to germany, but they test it indoor.... thats not the problem! So they do nothing...

Same in Facebook support chat, no help: "I can not help you.  You can pursue it with Germany but I cannot assist you further."
Yesterday i have tried the support chat, after 20 min. catalog questions, no help. She gave me an email address.

I am annoyed!
2017-2-6
Use props
DanielReichel
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 19:13
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, Daniel.
Could you please provide me with your case number?

CAS-372603-F0T3Q7
2017-2-7
Use props
DanielReichel
lvl.1

Austria

Hello?
No help, wow.

Yesterday i test it again, 3 celsius. Horrible Quality on the right side.
Whats with the warranty? Nobody helps me...

2017-2-8
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

Welcome Daniel to the wonderful world of DJI support.   As Mindy inidicated above, provide DJI your device number and they will do absolutely nothing for you.  But they will ignore you.  

Anything I've had issues on I've returned for a refund or exchanged with the point of sale as DJI support is one of the worst of any brand you will encounter.  I'd also suggest calling your credit card and see if they will warranty it for you.  They will sadly be 10x more responsive for you than this company.  The moderators are a facade to show interest.  But let's see what they do for you!
2017-2-8
Use props
Hobbes_ch
New

Switzerland

Daniel, your post now really worries me. I just got my brand new Mavic and after being excited about the product I am now quite disappointed because of the blurry pictures and movies I get from Mavic. The right side of my pictures are completely blurry, while the left side are nice and sharp. Your pictures look even good in comparison with mine!. I couldn¨t replicate it with inside tests...  after your post I now see why. It was 2 degrees Celsius when I took the shots outside. So it seems I have the same problem that you are facing and I assume, that it is completely useless to ask DJI for any solution. The only hope I have is, that I don't have to face this problem in Summer!
So I am now enthusiastic to start the support case... /
2017-2-27
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

See more here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

Unfortunately it's a hardware problem with the lens not being perfectly perpendicular with the lens resulting in a portion of the photo being out of focus. No way to fix it without sending it in for replacement.

I really doubt its a temperature problem. Plenty of people with photos showing this problem in warm temps. Probably did not show inside because everything is so close.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules