"Jerkiness" when taking HD video
1222 2 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Please take a look at the video in the link below. I recorded in HD 24fps. I was hovering, then wanted to do a 360 degree rotate. You will notice allot of "jerkiness" stuttering as I rotated. Any ideas on what would cause this? There was a little mind, but not bad. I noticed the same when viewing from the DJI GO 4 app and after downloading to my computer.

2017-2-6
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Its due to the shutter speed being too high, because its so sunny ... shooting at 24fps, your ideal shutter speed would have been 1/50th but that will be miles higher. The only way to fix this is to use ND filters (there you'd have to use an ND16 most likely) and manually control the ISO and shutter speed.

Limitations of the fixed aperture and the way it handles light.
2017-2-6
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-2-6 13:33
Its due to the shutter speed being too high, because its so sunny ... shooting at 24fps, your ideal shutter speed would have been 1/50th but that will be miles higher. The only way to fix this is to use ND filters (there you'd have to use an ND16 most likely) and manually control the ISO and shutter speed.

Limitations of the fixed aperture and the way it handles light.

Thanks for the input. Had an nd6 on, will bump,her up some. Will try some different shutter setting etc. Hope to get out again soon.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules