Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI SHOULD MAKE FPV DRONES THEY ARE MORE FUN
3368 27 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Dji can you start making mass production with FPV drones with your great and awesome telemetry and a good set of goggles or that we could buy third party goggles to work with drones that you should make like these I think its more fun than the mavic

2017-2-6
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sh$t that thing is quick and nuts. FPV would make me sick.
2017-2-6
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.1

Australia

Many excellent racing/FPV quads are already freely available globally at great prices, what could DJI possibly contribute?
2017-2-6
Use props
MacIak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Ok..and what part of the clip is exactly related to fpv?
2017-2-6
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I dont think DJI wants to deal with the whining from everyone who crashes there drone. the FPV market is perfect the way it is build your own drone from pretty much universal parts... if it crashes swap out the broken parts.
2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

An FPV racer pilot should be able to build his own drone... you get the parts and you assemble it, and you need to know what's everything because you will be crashing every other day. I don't see what DJI could do on this field.
2017-2-7
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-7 00:33
An FPV racer pilot should be able to build his own drone... you get the parts and you assemble it, and you need to know what's everything because you will be crashing every other day. I don't see what DJI could do on this field.

it could do a lot in this field plus if they sell you the parts for you to do like they did in the beginning ages when they started before this whole filming aerial era.... When they first started they started as a DIY drone company, they pull away from it but I am guessing since technology has improve so much they could benefit a lot more than before when they first started 10 years ago.
2017-2-7
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Lost Mavic Posted at 2017-2-6 14:43
Many excellent racing/FPV quads are already freely available globally at great prices, what could DJI possibly contribute?

well they could do a lot with their video streaming on the goggles they could do so much in the industry. Plus it will bring more people to the sport of FPV flying.
2017-2-7
Use props
Teesquar
lvl.1

United States

Watching the vid, the first over-the-top maneuver with the vertical dive, if I were operating it, would result in a nice mini-crater  :-P
2017-2-7
Use props
rclendaniel
lvl.1

United States

Could buy a Mavic Pro. It would be an overly expensive FPV racer with way more camera than you need. I built my 250 FPV racer for $250 from scratch. I would recommend that route.
2017-2-7
Use props
DT393
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

I think its important to have different drones for different things. I have my Tiny Whoop for indoor FPV, I own an Aton for fast speeds and tricks as well as outdoor FPV when I am in the mood with an attached AOMWAY camera. the Mavic that arrives tomorrow is for filming DJI is doing what its good at with small steps like the upcoming goggles.
2017-2-7
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

Low margin market is my guess.

Also guessing that market will be ripe for law suits, and DJI is a big name.  It'd be like Coca-Cola making throwing knives...
2017-2-7
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-2-7 14:11
Low margin market is my guess.

Also guessing that market will be ripe for law suits, and DJI is a big name.  It'd be like Coca-Cola making throwing knives...

hahahahahahahah good analogy  
2017-2-7
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Teesquar Posted at 2017-2-7 10:58
Watching the vid, the first over-the-top maneuver with the vertical dive, if I were operating it, would result in a nice mini-crater  :-P

this guys is pretty damn good pilot acro mode is like flying a drone with no automatic help from GPS or the flight controller
2017-2-7
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

DT393 Posted at 2017-2-7 11:59
I think its important to have different drones for different things. I have my Tiny Whoop for indoor FPV, I own an Aton for fast speeds and tricks as well as outdoor FPV when I am in the mood with an attached AOMWAY camera. the Mavic that arrives tomorrow is for filming  DJI is doing what its good at with small steps like the upcoming goggles.

yes your right about that
2017-2-7
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.1

Australia

watuse Posted at 2017-2-7 08:19
well they could do a lot with their video streaming on the goggles they could do so much in the industry. Plus it will bring more people to the sport of FPV flying.

DI FPV Goggles.
I'm listening - so how's this going to bring people to the sport of FPV flying exactly?

2017-2-8
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Lost Mavic Posted at 2017-2-8 15:39
DI FPV Goggles.
I'm listening - so how's this going to bring people to the sport of FPV flying exactly?

the range on the transmission of the technology on the drone better reception and not like the ones that are constantly flickering on the ones now... Also they could probably make some sick design for racing drones,,,, Also if they send it out like they did with the  mavic  to the best FPV pilots out there which there are plenty out there with good fast quad FPV it could bring more people to the sport, maybe it won't be so negative as it is now. Just my opinion probably there will be parks where people could fly their FPV and not like how it is now, which there is a huge population of people who have a negative thinking about FPV and even cinematic drones. There is one company out of the many now that are making ready to fly FPV like this company... it makes a lot of sense the design of this FPV drone they could be faster ones of coarse.
2017-2-9
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

definitely some awesome drone piloting skills.
2017-2-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't think it's too far down the road.  DJI already sells motors and ESCs for this size of machine.
I ordered a set over the new year just to try them out.
2017-2-9
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-2-9 06:12
I don't think it's too far down the road.  DJI already sells motors and ESCs for this size of machine.
I ordered a set over the new year just to try them out.

I think there is a potential for having several FPV for beginners and for expert but yes some people have comment here its cheaper to make your own, but I don't have soldering tools and I have not solder anything in years but definitely if I could get my hands on the tools and the proper material I will start making my own FPV, the mavic is ok, for what it made for, but for real fun stuff FPV is the way to go, my opinion is that FPV is good to get some nice pilot skills and plus not to worry so much about putting the mavic in the air and worrying about destroying it which is the most of worries of most people here. Plus if DJI does sells all the parts, the frame all the necessary tools most likely people will get into....
2017-2-10
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

watuse Posted at 2017-2-10 05:25
I think there is a potential for having several FPV for beginners and for expert but yes some people have comment here its cheaper to make your own, but I don't have soldering tools and I have not solder anything in years but definitely if I could get my hands on the tools and the proper material I will start making my own FPV, the mavic is ok, for what it made for, but for real fun stuff FPV is the way to go, my opinion is that FPV is good to get some nice pilot skills and plus not to worry so much about putting the mavic in the air and worrying about destroying it which is the most of worries of most people here. Plus if DJI does sells all the parts, the frame all the necessary tools most likely people will get into.... https://youtu.be/39i-WUUh_dY

Before I got my DJI drones I built my own which I flew LOS and via FPV.  Total cost was ~$140. including the FC but excluding GoPro and control Tx.   Here is what the machine looked like.
2017-2-10
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-2-10 07:13
Before I got my DJI drones I built my own which I flew LOS and via FPV.  Total cost was ~$140. including the FC but excluding GoPro and control Tx.   Here is what the machine looked like.
https://youtu.be/Ce99kjC_370

well guess what Mr Steele just got a prototype of the DJI racing drone here is the video he posted today
2017-2-13
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

well guess what Ken DJI does have a racing quad coming out because they gave one to Mr Steeele which I felt a prediction was going to come out about this news

2017-2-13
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

2017-2-14
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

wow ^ he should join rotor riot
2017-2-15
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.1

Australia

watuse Posted at 2017-2-13 00:07
well guess what Ken DJI does have a racing quad coming out because they gave one to Mr Steeele which I felt a prediction was going to come out about this news

https://youtu.be/HR1eIU2-RvM

Calm down, not such a glowing review.
2017-2-16
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-15 19:02
wow ^ he should join rotor riot

the anonymous drone pilot who does not show his face that is in the middle of the field yeah he has some amazing skills thats for sure. Knows how to build fast very fast fpv racers. too
2017-2-19
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

anyone knows when the Snail by DJI is coming out they announced it on World mobil conference.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules