best tablet to use for go 4 ?
2405 12 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fitterj
New
Flight distance : 387031 ft
United States

Just got a phantom 4. after a few headaches with software . I got in the air and flying with dji go, and love this thing. tried to load go4 for on a ipad, but get uncompatable message.
what is recommended for a tablet  to use?
2017-2-6
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, I use the latest iPad mini 4, see below the compatible device list from dji.
How old is the iPad that you are using, what model is it?
iOS Version v4.0.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-6
Use props
fitterj
New
United States

MD531LL/A its the wife she doesn't use it. I think it is a processor thing, the video is spotty. line of sight to at least a mile trees and building block to some degree. the plan is to get to fpv, maybe skip tablet all together.
2017-2-6
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I use iPad aie2.....non-cell....Without cell you lose the follow me I think but I keep my phone handy incase I want to use that option.
It really depends on what size image you want to look at....Me, I like the bigger screen on tablet sized screen.
Straighten up and fly right   
2017-2-6
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

MD531LL/A is a first generation Mini. Not enough horsepower.
2017-2-7
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

ipad air 2 9.7 inch works great for me
2017-2-7
Use props
fitterj
New
United States

Thanks for all your help.
2017-2-7
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

ipad air works without problems
2017-2-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an iPad Pro 9.7, a bit pricey but has always worked well, and fits perfectly into the standard holder on the P4.
2017-2-7
Use props
Grrrrrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1212684 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-7 10:05
I use an iPad Pro 9.7, a bit pricey but has always worked well, and fits perfectly into the standard holder on the P4.

I started of with a Galaxy moved to the iPad Pro 12.9 inch works fantastic
2017-2-7
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I think the most commonly used tablets are iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro for apple and the Samsung Galaxy Tabs for android. In my opinion the iPads are generally better but i am an apple fan! You just need to make sure it has a decent processor and meets the minimum software requirements which I think someone posted here already. I have also heard the NVIDIA Shield K1 is also pretty good, it's processor is powerful as it's a gaming tablet, so I imagine it will be able to run the DJI Go app without any hiccups. There's also a comparison table of some decent dji go compatible tablets here if anyone is interested.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-6 15:34
Hi, I use the latest iPad mini 4, see below the compatible device list from dji.
How old is the iPad that you are using, what model is it?
iOS Version v4.0.3.

I am glad you posted that list. That is the list you need to consider for compatible tablets. Apple products are very strong. Samsung products work just as well.
2017-9-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Best would be the iPad Po 9.7 A10X.

Much of what is on the DJI approved list is old and no longer works nor is made.  I've had bad luck with Android (Especially Samsung!  Ugh!) devices, especially if it has some background apps installed that startup and take over the processing power GO needs which Apple seems less prone to allow apps to self-start and run in the background.  Some free apps are really resource hogs where they randomly start and take photos, snoop your contacts, location, Google popping up asking for a review of where you are near, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Apple Mini series is reaching the "End of life" for processing power needed with GO too as it continues to evolve into too much of an power-hungry app for handheld devices.

2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules