Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3s controller internal wifi antenna
766 4 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans752985e0
lvl.1

United States

Will a set of parabolic reflectors installed behind the internal plate antennas work to improve video range like the external one does control signal?
2017-2-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

No, and as far as I am aware, those antennas are for the local WiFi link to the tablet or phone, so it won't do you any good anyway.
2017-2-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The 2.4 ghz antennas inside the P3S controller (commonly called "patch" antennas) are the ones that transmit and receive the data between the AC and the controller via vertical polarity.  They have a directional quality which is why they are positioned the way they are.  With your AC in the distance, you'd want to point them towards the AC, with your 5.8 ghz rubber ducky bent 90 degrees and pointing towards the sky.  My assumption is that they also are used to transmit data between the controller and the mobile device since there aren't any other antennas inside the controller.  Since there are two antennas, one might suspect that one is for the AC and one is for the mobile device, but this isn't true, since if you are adding an amp to only one of the modded 2.4 antenna leads, it doesn't matter which lead you choose.  Amping either lead will result in equal performance.  

What you'd want to do is mod the controller and bring the antenna leads outside the case.  Then mount antennas somewhere convenient such as on the controller.  Then, if you chose to use the classic "rubber ducky" antenna, you could put the "windsurfer" on it which would likely improve the signal relative to what was stock  I've never tried that myself, but I have used the rubber ducky alone for 2.4, and the signal strength was pretty bad.  But this makes sense since the rubber ducky is omni and the patch is at least somewhat directional.  Presumably a windsurfer would help a lot.  

But what you really want to do is get the ITELITE aka DBS Mods antenna, which oddly enough uses the same patch antenna that's in your controller, but has superior backing and provides very nice range.  You could then amp it.  Or if you wanted to go crazy, get the ITELITE MAXXRANGE and amp it (but that won't help you on the 5.8).

Side note:  The P34K is very similar to the P3S except that its 2.4 antenna is already mounted outside onto the controller as a rubber ducky type.  Why this is, I don't know.  Why there aren't two of them - I believe it's because both antenna leads go to one antenna .
2017-2-7
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

no  get a dbs mod it has better antennas for both control and Wi-Fi 5.8 + 2.4 will double or triple your range
2017-2-7
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-7 06:10
The 2.4 ghz antennas inside the P3S controller (commonly called "patch" antennas) are the ones that transmit and receive the data between the AC and the controller via vertical polarity.  They have a directional quality which is why they are positioned the way they are.  With your AC in the distance, you'd want to point them towards the AC, with your 5.8 ghz rubber ducky bent 90 degrees and pointing towards the sky.  My assumption is that they also are used to transmit data between the controller and the mobile device since there aren't any other antennas inside the controller.  Since there are two antennas, one might suspect that one is for the AC and one is for the mobile device, but this isn't true, since if you are adding an amp to only one of the modded 2.4 antenna leads, it doesn't matter which lead you choose.  Amping either lead will result in equal performance.  

What you'd want to do is mod the controller and bring the antenna leads outside the case.  Then mount antennas somewhere convenient such as on the controller.  Then, if you chose to use the classic "rubber ducky" antenna, you could put the "windsurfer" on it which would likely improve the signal relative to what was stock  I've never tried that myself, but I have used the rubber ducky alone for 2.4, and the signal strength was pretty bad.  But this makes sense since the rubber ducky is omni and the patch is at least somewhat directional.  Presumably a windsurfer would help a lot.  

Kudos on recommending DBS mod I had the Arctic and they suck it halfed my range DbS doubled it
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules