Phantom 2 Vision FPV Black Screen
12Next >
31335 58 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Car33th
lvl.2

Spain

Hello! I have the Phantom 2 Vision 1. And I have a problem with the FPV. I can see telemetry but the live image is black. The camera takes pictures and records video. I have followed all the steps of the forum like download fps to 15, format SD ... Nothing works. I'm looking for an old type 1.1.6 firmware FC200  to try. Someone would be so kind to give me the download link. Any Suggestions? Thank you
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did this happen after a firmware update, a hard landing or long term storage? What mobile device do you use? Have you already tried resetting the Range Extender?
2017-2-6
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 23:03
Did this happen after a firmware update, a hard landing or long term storage? What mobile device do you use? Have you already tried resetting the Range Extender?

Mine is doing the same thing before and after the update. Video is now working but no picture on Iphone
or ipad.
2017-2-7
Use props
Car33th
lvl.2

Spain

I have tried everything. I think the problem is in the NAND and the solution is exposed here by Mr "ricom831". The problem is that I can not connect my Phantom 2 Vision to repair the NAND.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... typeid%3D370&page=1

I've confirmed that I have now fully resolved my unit - It's a corrupt NAND in the WiFi transmitter (bottom PCB that responds to 192.168.1.10). This corrup NAND stops the unit from booting up.

The only way to restore is to hook into the UART directly on the board.

I'm willing to confirm this is the fix if anyone in the UK wants to send their unit to me.  It would be good to try this out on another unit that has the same issue.
Credit where it's due - These awesome guys had the same issue with the lightbridge unit - Board the lightbridge unit and this WiFi unit seem to be based on the same hardware/code.

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-7 14:20
Mine is doing the same thing before and after the update. Video is now working but no picture on Iphone
or ipad.

Just to clarify, you're able to make video recordings, but there is no video feed from the Vision app?
2017-2-8
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 10:13
Just to clarify, you're able to make video recordings, but there is no video feed from the Vision app?

That's exactly right, on my iphone i can video, but don't see it on the iphone. On the ipad I can't do anything and it says Wifi connection failed. I cannot bind on the ipad.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-9 09:46
That's exactly right, on my iphone i can video, but don't see it on the iphone. On the ipad I can't do anything and it says Wifi connection failed. I cannot bind on the ipad.

Based on the information provided, it's either an issue with the Range Extender or the inner WiFi module in the craft. Are you at least able to get telemetry?
2017-2-9
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 13:51
Based on the information provided, it's either an issue with the Range Extender or the inner WiFi module in the craft. Are you at least able to get telemetry?

I would have to go back and check Telemetry but I think so. From what I hear, it seems more likely it's the wifi Module, but where can I get one and what does it cost. The question is why is this happening it to so many people. Is it now checper to just buy a new Phantom 3 from B&H.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-9 14:15
I would have to go back and check Telemetry but I think so. From what I hear, it seems more likely it's the wifi Module, but where can I get one and what does it cost. The question is why is this happening it to so many people. Is it now checper to just buy a new Phantom 3 from B&H.

I just cheked and I am getting telemetry on my iphone. The extender seems to be working. The light is blinking green and I am getting some information like altitude.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-9 14:15

Dealers may still have the module in stock, and depending on where you look, it could range around $200. With a unit that's been at the end of life stage for this many years, the module could have worn out. It may be best to get a Phantom 3 or newer as parts are more readily available along with repair support from the regional service centers.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 15:48
Dealers may still have the module in stock, and depending on where you look, it could range around $200. With a unit that's been at the end of life stage for this many years, the module could have worn out. It may be best to get a Phantom 3 or newer as parts are more readily available along with repair support from the regional service centers.

Thanks, I found one on ebay for $224.00. I will install it myself, you tube has video and it doesn't look that hard. I hope this fixes it. I would have not tried to fix it but it hardly has been flown so I don't just want to throw it away. I may look into buying the new Mavic also cause it is so small. I will post back here if the new module works. I also love the phantom 4 pro plus and want it with the bigger screen if I were to get it.
I think it comes out soon.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-9 17:06
Thanks, I found one on ebay for $224.00. I will install it myself, you tube has video and it doesn't look that hard. I hope this fixes it. I would have not tried to fix it but it hardly has been flown so I don't just want to throw it away. I may look into buying the new Mavic also cause it is so small. I will post back here if the new module works. I also love the phantom 4 pro plus and want it with the bigger screen if I were to get it.
I think it comes out soon.

Jamie

I ordered the wrong part I think. The wifi module I ordered looks like it belongs on the vision 2 plus. I opened up my vision 2 and I only see the orange little box. What part number if you know belongs in the vision 2 and not the plus? Where can I find one again if you know
2017-2-10
Use props
fans9855f6b5
New
United States

Car33th Posted at 2017-2-7 14:35
I have tried everything. I think the problem is in the NAND and the solution is exposed here by Mr "ricom831". The problem is that I can not connect my Phantom 2 Vision to repair the NAND.

I have  the same problem. I cannot get the FPV video on my iphone. Everything else works with the iphone app (telemetry, etc). I had not used my Phantom 2 Vision in over 6 months. All firmware has been updated. So do I understand correctly that I would need a new PCB board.  Is that the only fix?
2017-2-10
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

fans9855f6b5 Posted at 2017-2-10 13:47
I have  the same problem. I cannot get the FPV video on my iphone. Everything else works with the iphone app (telemetry, etc). I had not used my Phantom 2 Vision in over 6 months. All firmware has been updated. So do I understand correctly that I would need a new PCB board.  Is that the only fix?

I am not sure what the fix is. I ordered a part which I know now wasn't the right part for my Phantom 2 Vision which is not the plus model. I hear now, the wifi repeater may be in the camera. A new camera I see cost $499.00. I am not going to spend that amount.

I called DJI tech, they are a joke. They keep saying send it in even though they know what the problem is but don't want to own up to it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for a half hour. Never got to talk to one. They won't tell me the repair cost and I don't trust that it would be cheap. It might be cheaper to just buy another but I don't trust DJI any longer. They better get on the stick or they will loose customers.

2017-2-10
Use props
Darren Durnall
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans95b80583 Posted at 2017-2-10 16:23
I am not sure what the fix is. I ordered a part which I know now wasn't the right part for my Phantom 2 Vision which is not the plus model. I hear now, the wifi repeater may be in the camera. A new camera I see cost $499.00. I am not going to spend that amount.

I called DJI tech, they are a joke. They keep saying send it in even though they know what the problem is but don't want to own up to it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for a half hour. Never got to talk to one. They won't tell me the repair cost and I don't trust that it would be cheap. It might be cheaper to just buy another but I don't trust DJI any longer. They better get on the stick or they will loose customers.

Don't be scared of sending stuff back to DJI, I had a issue and decided to bite the bullet and send mine back
I found the support team more than willing to help.. postage was taken care of by them too
As for cost they are quite reasonable and the Vision will be fully serviced when it comes back too
Remember just treat them with respect have faith in what they do and things will work out fine
I have my bird back and she is running fine better than ever.. have faith my fellow flyer  DJI are very good at what they do
2017-2-23
Use props
Jeremey
New

Spain

Hi,

Please can someone help me!!!!

After owning several DJI drones and being loyal customer to DJI since the start, I upgraded to a PHANTOM 2 VISION+ which was GREAT until recently.

On using the drone the other day could not understand why the video feed had suddenly stopped work working (the telemetry, photos and video capture was functioning correctly, as was the playback from the drones SD card).

I proceeded to google the issue (as I am quite a keen RC hobbyist) and found numerous blogs of people having the same issue as me:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-2528-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-4672-1-1.html
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... asting-video.18505/
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... kes-photos-and-flys

I am really surprised to find this type of issue and even more disappointed after having spent £1000 on a drone that has an obvious manufacturing fault and no product recall!

I contacted DJI and have been passed from China to USA to Germany and am still none the wiser! They said that I would have to return the drone (as I now live in Barcelona this could be hard!) and they will fix at my cost (but can't tell me how much the wifi module will cost) but cant give any estimate or even where I have to post it????

The aftercare is shocking so I took to calling the German team who explained that DJI will not give any costs until they see the drone (even though they know what the issue is) and said that their stance on the known issue relating to the wifi module is that the customer will have to cover the cost when out of warranty even though this is a faulty design!!!

This is awful and I wanted to know if anyone has had the same issue or any good fixes?
2017-3-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Jeremey Posted at 2017-3-2 04:39
Hi,

Please can someone help me!!!!

Sounds like you might have a burnt out FPV transmitter.

I have a P2V+.

Yes, the over heated FPV transmitter is a known problem on the +, but it takes time to over heat.  In other words, it wears out.  You can say it wears out prematurely if you want, but unless it wears out during the warranty period, DJI is not liable.  Why should they be?  They promised your AC would be good within its warranty period and they made good on their promise.  

My + is still working well.   I have heard about this overheating problem and there are things one can do to try to extend the life of the FPV transmitter in advance of a problem.  I've heard of people putting tiny fans in the bird.  We can also reduce the power of the 2.4 transmitter in the bird so it doesn't have to work so hard, while at the same time amp the control side.  We can also be careful not to fly on very hot days.  

Once it goes though, it goes, and it's not cheap to fix.  IMO, the best bet is probably to buy a crashed + for parts and cannibalize the 2.4 transmitter.  

This burn out problem is not nearly as big a problem on the straight P2V.  The P2V is pretty solid.  What was (and still might be)  a big problem for both was the bricked range extenders due to an unfortunate forced DJI update causing irreparable damage to every range extender it touched.  That's kind of inexcusable IMO.  Every P2V and P2V+ owner who was forced into that update was victimized and DJI won't budge.  

Best fix for that one IMO is to just buy a used RE on eBay.  You can get 'em for around $50.  

Another overall general advanced-fix for these kinds of update problems is to use a flight app other than DJI's (e.g. Litchi).  That way you won't be forced into an update you don't want.  Save the DJI flight app for specifically updating to a version which has had good reviews and that you can trust.  

2017-3-2
Use props
alexflyon
New

Russia

Same issue on Vision 2 PV330, as I understood, in this model (opposed to Vision 2+), wi-fi transmitter located inside the camera, and the camera have a fan which clogged with dust. Fan does not rotate, but when I blow through the holes, it begins to rotate.
2017-3-2
Use props
fansca7545bd
lvl.4

Poland

Mark The Droner you're right.
I had the same problem, but it ended happily for me.
I bought drone in March 2015 with a one year warranty from the Polish seller.
Black screen appeared in December last year. Seller in Poland did not consider the complaint. I asked DJI Support in Germany. They said that the guarantee is to March 2017. Two years?  WTF! Quickly I sent my Phantom to them. They fixed it for free. Now I have a new module wifi with perforated casing.
I installed a small copper heat-sink to prevent or slow down overheating. Maybe this will help.

Thank you DJI Germany support ones again

2017-3-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Wow that is amazing!  Two year warranty on the FPV module!  How knew?  

I love your mod!  I think that is pretty brilliant!  I think I'll try that too!  Well done sir!  
2017-3-2
Use props
ricom831
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Car33th Posted at 2017-2-7 14:35

Hello! I can confirm that I am able to recover the unit and another user on this forum posted their unit to me last week - I did the same recover method as I did on my unit and that user now has full live view again. Paul007UK is the user on here.
2017-3-22
Use props
Paul007uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-3-22 10:21
Hello! I can confirm that I am able to recover the unit and another user on this forum posted their unit to me last week - I did the same recover method as I did on my unit and that user now has full live view again. Paul007UK is the user on here.

Yes i can confirm Ricom831's fix works. I sent my wifi module to him for repair and now have working fpv live feed. My wifi module was the older model with no vent holes, so i thought it would be heat related. I had flight data displayed just no live video and my module would not respond to the ping test on the fpv board. Finally there is a way to repair these modules as they are hard to get hold of and cost a lot if you do find one. Excellent work thanks again mate.
2017-3-23
Use props
Ruppertsecken
New
Germany

I found that I had the 'Black screen of death' until I freed up 3GB of space on my iPad Mini, only had 1.2GB free. Now I have live video back. Using the DJI APP
2017-3-31
Use props
EXPLORER777
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 23:03

I am having this issue after a long term storage, about 9 months.   What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
2017-6-7
Use props
EXPLORER777
New

United States

EXPLORER777 Posted at 2017-6-7 08:03
I am having this issue after a long term storage, about 9 months.   What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Also, device is Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 plus.   Neither work anymore.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

EXPLORER777 Posted at 2017-6-7 08:04
Also, device is Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 plus.   Neither work anymore.

Is the WiFi signal still showing up on your iPhones? Are you able to see telemetry and other OSD info but just without the video feed, or does it not show anything at all? Did resetting the WiFi Range Extender produce any sort of changes? You haven't done any firmware updates or app updates, correct?
2017-6-7
Use props
Chukigek
New
Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 11:22
Is the WiFi signal still showing up on your iPhones? Are you able to see telemetry and other OSD info but just without the video feed, or does it not show anything at all? Did resetting the WiFi Range Extender produce any sort of changes? You haven't done any firmware updates or app updates, correct?

Having the same issue - phantom 2 vision + produce no live video after about 9 months of storage. Updated everything, rebind wifi extender, formatted SD card - nothing helps. As in many other cases I can get telemetry and control camera, but no live video signal. Video transmitter already been replaced by dealer two years ago. It worked flawless since then. Please help!
2017-7-7
Use props
fans889f763b
New
United States

Darren Durnall Posted at 2017-2-23 15:36
Don't be scared of sending stuff back to DJI, I had a issue and decided to bite the bullet and send mine back
I found the support team more than willing to help.. postage was taken care of by them too
As for cost they are quite reasonable and the Vision will be fully serviced when it comes back too

I have to agree. I own a P2 V+ (V3) I purchased new. I flew it possibly 15 times. It's never been crashed or impacted in any way. I stored it for the winter (in it's plastic bag) in the box. When I started it up last, no FPV. The .10 address wouldn't respond to a ping. So, I boxed it up and created an online repair order, included a copy of the receipt (showing the unit out of warranty). I get a bill for the repair order of $275. After resending my receipt a minimum of 3 total times, I was offered a $65 discount. Following a reasonable discussion via email with a supervisor, my total bill is $65. Whereas I believe this issue is a manufacturing default, and should be replaced and repaired for original owners AT NO COST, I agreed to pay the fee.

The supervisor was super helpful, polite and intelligent, sometimes you have to pick your battles. $65 was not enough for me to start a battle. Had a reasonable fee not been negotiated, I would have dragged DJI to small claims court as I believe the preponderance of evidence demonstrates the WIFI module failure as a manufacturing defect.
2017-7-8
Use props
Jimbo49
lvl.1

United Kingdom

New to this forum but trying to contact ricom831, any help please?
2017-7-17
Use props
Jimbo49
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did ricom831 sort your wifi module please?
2017-7-19
Use props
Frednineeleven
New
United States

fans889f763b Posted at 2017-7-8 08:43
I have to agree. I own a P2 V+ (V3) I purchased new. I flew it possibly 15 times. It's never been crashed or impacted in any way. I stored it for the winter (in it's plastic bag) in the box. When I started it up last, no FPV. The .10 address wouldn't respond to a ping. So, I boxed it up and created an online repair order, included a copy of the receipt (showing the unit out of warranty). I get a bill for the repair order of $275. After resending my receipt a minimum of 3 total times, I was offered a $65 discount. Following a reasonable discussion via email with a supervisor, my total bill is $65. Whereas I believe this issue is a manufacturing default, and should be replaced and repaired for original owners AT NO COST, I agreed to pay the fee.

The supervisor was super helpful, polite and intelligent, sometimes you have to pick your battles. $65 was not enough for me to start a battle. Had a reasonable fee not been negotiated, I would have dragged DJI to small claims court as I believe the preponderance of evidence demonstrates the WIFI module failure as a manufacturing defect.

Just an update. After accepting the "discounted" price to fix a KNOWN MANUFACTURES DEFECT, I received another craft that had been "tested". This unit had not had the remote bound to the craft, nor the wifi repeater. It also had a faulty gimble. So blatantly faulty that upon first power-up anyone could plainly see the issue. So back it went.
Today I was supposed to receive the second replacement. It was sent overnight delivery on Friday, so I used the track my packages live location and watch my package 3 blocks away, then the app telling me
the package was delivered. Problem is that it WASN'T DELIVERED HERE (I was in my living room watching the front door). Second problem is that NO ONE REQUIRED a SIGNATURE!  Now when I call UPS, they tell me to call the sender, when I call the sender they tell me to call the shipper.

This started on June 6th. I'm absolutely done waiting for amateurs to properly do their jobs. If I don't have either my fully functional craft in my hands or a check in the amount that I paid plus the $65 and shipping fees, I'm off to small claims court. I tired of being treated like I don't know better by people who don't have the ability to maintain professional standards. Let them pay for their attorney  to show up in small claims court and explain the situation to a Judge.
2017-8-14
Use props
dkapper
lvl.1
United States

After reading through this well-documented issue that seems to be afflicting a great number of Phantom Vision 2+ aircraft, my faith in this company has diminished greatly.  Sadly, I just purchased a Phantom 4 Pro, mostly because of the better camera.  Now I'm regretting that decision.  I had been using the Phantom 2 Vision+ as recently as a month ago for a client without any issues.  Since my purchase of the Phantom 4, I decided to try and get what little value is left on my lightly used, older drone.  I had some interest at a $300 price point - especially since I had some extra batteries and few other add-ons.  Unfortunately, as I prepared to demo the unit, the issue mentioned so frequently above, became an issue for me.  No live feed, but clear ability to operate the camera, send and receive telemetry, and generally function in every other way.   To realize that I'm going have to spend time and over $200 just to get $300 back for it is really disheartening.  To DJI, this problem is NOT a coincidence among all of these users.  Consider standing behind your products -  or customers that WANT to be loyal,  will be forced to move on to other manufacturers.  It's bad marketing to abandon customers that have spend a great deal of money on your products.  It may be profitable in the short run but it will eventually catch up with you - especially when word of poor customer support from DJI, starts getting around the internet.  In case you haven't noticed, it's already started.
2017-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Electronics as well as most things in this world don't last forever.  They age.  And they eventually stop working.  

There are a couple problems that can be fixed by replacing hardware.  

1)  One is the bad firmware update of the RE which bricked it.   This happened roughly a year and a half ago, I think.  Completely DJI's fault since they are the ones who wrote the update.  Yes, DJI eventually corrected the firmware, but there are lots of people who lost their hardware due to the bad update and it could not be recovered.  No restitution was ever made.  DJI's customers were victimized and that cannot be debated.  

2)  The wifi module on the AC overheats and burns up over use.  It has to be replaced.  Not sure if I can blame DJI directly for this.  Yes, they could have made it better and they did with the P3S and P3 4K.  

3)  The good news is, my understanding is the black screen problem, which is different than the two problems above, can be fixed nice and cheap.  Again this seems to be an age problem.  Flashing the NAND chips apparently will solve the problem, at least temporarily.  I'm not sure if we can blame DJI for this though.  See the link below:  

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... iod-of-time.122039/

2017-9-19
Use props
alexeyporubay
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-20
Use props
fans6505bbb3
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello. After the upgrade my P2V has black screen. DJI Support says me, nothing to do. Buy another drone. DJI never more. I spent much money with DJI. Never, never, never more.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans6505bbb3
lvl.1

Portugal

Me too. DJI never more.
2017-9-20
Use props
johnd993
New

United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-3-22 10:21

Hi, I have this problem. Fancy having a go at fixing for me (for a fee of course).
johnd993@hotmail.com
2017-10-26
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-2 05:20
Sounds like you might have a burnt out FPV transmitter.

I have a P2V+.

Is yours still working? Anyway I sent mine back to DJI,they are fixing it at no charge
2017-11-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Really? A P2V?  Wow.  Good to hear!  

Yes, I have a P2V and a P2V+ and both are still working fine, but I try to not fly when it's over 80 F outside.  
2017-11-4
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Sounds like your WI-FI module. My P2 Vision Plus did the same thing, replaced the WI-FI Module, and it is just fine. Good luck trying to get the module.
2017-11-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules