How to land P4P whit no connection
626 6 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0ab4d934
lvl.2
United States

I posted a question earlier regarding my lost connection mid-flight this morning.  The question I probably should have asked, is, what is the proper way to land when you have no connection and can't land using the App?  Thanks
2017-2-7
Use props
fans68580a3f
lvl.2
United States

Turn off your transmitter. It will return to home point and auto land.
2017-2-7
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I guess you mean no connection to the application so cant view where you are (FPV) but still have connection with the RC.
If so and its out of sight, press and hold the RTH and ... either take control when its near you or just leave it to complete and it will land on its own.
2017-2-7
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

depends what you mean by no connection.

Did your screen freeze crash? If so switch it on and back on.

If you lost control and the sticks dont respond then try the RTH button.

If the RC totally disconnects and you have your RTH set up correctly it should return to your home point it set at take off. Whilst its on its way home try switch on your RC and it should re connect. From here you can cancel RTH or let it continue and auto land.

Ive tested both situations RTH by pressing button and RTH in failsafe where i switched off the RC to see what happens. It works pretty sweet.

2017-2-7
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are you using latest firmware? Have you done the IMU and compass calibration properly.

What you using as a screen? Or do you have the P4P+ ?

There are prob alot of factors at play but the above are some basics.

Your original post said screen went black but you still had stick control. In that situation like you did fly it back and land it and then do all your basic checks.
2017-2-7
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

if the app is disconnected, the RTH on RC still works. if the RC gets off and I did the firmware, then i would put the drone to hover for a minute then RTH. how exactly DJI implemented this situation i dont know for sure, but i trust they did something similar to what i would have done.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to be more specific of "no connection" as others have posted to get a correct response.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules