Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 14:25
To be fair I have spent a couple of months in Oz but it was 2 decades ago, maybe your slang changed?

I currently get my Australian lessons from Outback steakhouse ads on the TV and that Ozzy Man on youtube who is hilarious, maybe he's a little too linguistically improper for our friend WindSoul, however

Haha. Well Alec, I'd encourage you to get back here - beautiful and varied geography for drone images. Wander over to the Australian forum for the thread I started. Still not many examples, but it'll get better.

Seeya Cobber
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392247 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-2-9 14:10
Well the British are not 100% Homo Sapiens, I look nothing like the average African person!

OK, most of the non-Homo Sapiens DNA is thought to be Neanderthal and they only came to the UK around 250,000 years ago so there is no proven ancestry between us and the original UK humans.

"While most of the UK was covered in ice at various times, there was nothing stopping us moving south for a while, we didn't even need boats since during the ice ages and for a while after the lower sea levels resulted in the UK being connected to Europe and we occupied a large area in the middle of what is now the North Sea and English Channel which where not covered in ice - there is a lot of archaeology being discovered at the bottom of our sea in recent years."

And the north sea.  I was reading an article about Doggerland the other day.  Pretty interesting.

2017-2-9
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 14:09
I feel you do not understand what Bullying really is and are mistaking it for verbal or written insults.

"Bullying is an ongoing misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that causes physical and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power over one or more persons. Bullying can happen in person or online, and it can be obvious (overt) or hidden (covert)."

how do you know what moderators did? or what i did? are you a clairvoyant?
ok, joke aside, i agree with your concluding paragraph. to me is just entertaining, though, thank you for expressing the concerns. to prove to you that this is nothing else, i will stop replying for three days.
i dont agree on your argument with insults and bullying. i wont debate it for three days. but since youre one of the few who really managed to say something interesting, i will leave with you this:

ever heard of bullying of a teacher against a pupil? completely inoffensive verbally or in physical nature.
do you feel bullied by reckless driving around you?
i'm sure you can come up with examples of your own.
the bullying is not about continuity or manner of misdemeanor. is about effects: bullying is a measure of the effects on the victim, not the interpretation (subjective at best) of the actions of the bully. this is what i would like to catch up, if that is ok with you.
2017-2-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 14:25
To be fair I have spent a couple of months in Oz but it was 2 decades ago, maybe your slang changed?

I currently get my Australian lessons from Outback steakhouse ads on the TV and that Ozzy Man on youtube who is hilarious, maybe he's a little too linguistically improper for our friend WindSoul, however

Outback Steakhouse is about as Australian as Ikea. And we don't bother throwing shrimps on the barbie, we pan-fry those miniature suckers. The real ones are huge, and we call them Prawns.
2017-2-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-9 14:35
how do you know what moderators did? or what i did? are you a clairvoyant?
ok, joke aside, i agree with your concluding paragraph. to me is just entertaining, though, thank you for expressing the concerns. to prove to you that this is nothing else, i will stop replying for three days.
i dont agree on your argument with insults and bullying. i wont debate it for three days. but since youre one of the few who really managed to say something interesting, i will leave with you this:

You came here, you pi**ed people off, they don't like you. Don't overthink it. Simples.
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-9 14:29
Haha. Well Alec, I'd encourage you to get back here - beautiful and varied geography for drone images. Wander over to the Australian forum for the thread I started. Still not many examples, but it'll get better.

Seeya Cobber

I actually saw a decent amount of the north east.  A friend of my late father immigrated to Sydney and drives those road trains you have.   I got to drive it a few times on a trip with him from Sydney to Brisbane.  

I'd love to come back for another vacation but I'd also love to visit your southern neighbors in New Zealand.  Gonna be hard to pick one over the other.
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-9 14:36
Outback Steakhouse is about as Australian as Ikea. And we don't bother throwing shrimps on the barbie, we pan-fry those miniature suckers. The real ones are huge, and we call them Prawns.

Whaaaaaat? We didn't invent flat-pack? Cum'on, you'll be saying next that we didn't invent the wheel or electricity either...

But yes, true - nothing shrimpy about our prawns! Gotta love Hoges for doing that (well, the ATO certainly do anyway).
2017-2-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 14:32
And the north sea.  I was reading an article about Doggerland the other day.  Pretty interesting.

Also over in the west, Welsh history goes back a lot further than English and remembers the towns and cities getting flooded after the last ice age, although being on the Atlantic side the archaeology hasn't been preserved so well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantre'r_Gwaelod
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co. ... -land-of-wales.html
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-2-9 15:00
Also over in the west, Welsh history goes back a lot further than English and remembers the towns and cities getting flooded after the last ice age, although being on the Atlantic side the archaeology hasn't been preserved so well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantre'r_Gwaelod
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/wales/gwynedd/folklore/the-lost-land-of-wales.html

I'm from the UK originally and have two p a s s p o r t s (UK and US).  This thread is pretty funny, people say I sound like our Australian friends now.  Of course the people saying that are American's and any non US accent confuses some of them ;)

Weird the word with spaces is restricted by the forum.
2017-2-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 14:40
I actually saw a decent amount of the north east.  A friend of my late father immigrated to Sydney and drives those road trains you have.   I got to drive it a few times on a trip with him from Sydney to Brisbane.  

I'd love to come back for another vacation but I'd also love to visit your southern neighbors in New Zealand.  Gonna be hard to pick one over the other.

'but I'd also love to visit your southern neighbors in New Zealand.'

Hang about, we are about to launch a takeover bid for Enzed, and they won't be able to do anything about it because all of them are over here anyway
2017-2-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-9 13:45
yeah, ok. 800 grand years. homo sapiens reached out of africa 70000 years ago. even then, britain was covered in ice and polar bears would roam over thames. sry, not interested.
newton's book got translated to english during his lifetime. as i recall correctly, more than twice.ps: theyre called saxons because they're germans from saxonia. ans welsh cause theyre from former Galia (France today). what else have you got, the androids?

"ps: theyre called saxons because they're germans from saxonia. ans welsh cause theyre from former Galia (France today). what else have you got, the androids?"

Were you being serious when you wrote that or was it a joke?

The Anglo Saxons were not from Germany, and the Welsh did not come from France!

The English language developed mainly from the language of the area marked Frisii on the other side of Doggerland, who we were only separated from due to sea level rise after the ice age.

The Welsh are Celtic in origin, the Celts occupied a large area of Europe before the Roman Empire took control:
2017-2-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 12:14
"using words outside the 30 that makes English aboriginally correct"

Except people in Australia do not use the word shrimp.

They call them prawns.  
2017-2-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-9 11:10
amazing pics, ty for sharing

By the way, when you refer to a tribe as the mad Cou, I know you are trying to be a smart ass about mad cow disease.  
It just shows how ignorant you are to issue such an insulting comment.

2017-2-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

You can leave the US and not miss out on the latest installment of the new comedy sensation as "The Trumps" is syndicated here.

You know when I first started to watch it I actually thought you had really elected him! It was a bit like first finding out that Dame Edna is really Barry Humphries.  Anyway hats off to you as The Trumps has to be the best comedy show in a very long time.
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 16:47
You can leave the US and not miss out on the latest installment of the new comedy sensation as "The Trumps" is syndicated here.

You know when I first started to watch it I actually thought you had really elected him! It was a bit like first finding out that Dame Edna is really Barry Humphries.  Anyway hats off to you as The Trumps has to be the best comedy show in a very long time.

Look up Mrs.Browns Boys on YouTube. Hahaha

Think Madge Allsop is cute? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

I am well aware of Mrs Brown. She is a scream. That was popular in Ireland before the rest of the world caught on. They make it clear that it is a farce, whereas The Trumps could be taken seriously.
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 16:53
I am well aware of Mrs Brown. She is a scream. That was popular in Ireland before the rest of the world caught on. They make it clear that it is a farce, whereas The Trumps could be taken seriously.

So since this thread is already a cluster.  I take it the rest of the world is somewhat confused with our new President.  Read the other day he got into a hissy fit with your guy, expect angry tweets

2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dame Edna, looks like she took over the Liberace designer, for her wardrobe.
Mrs.Brown, is your everyday cross dressing "fool"!! They both make me laugh my silly head off.

My favourite Dame Edna episodes, are where the audience is all celebrity guests, including actors, popular contemporary musicians & political personalities.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-9 12:16
the monster can not be created. that you see it now is a proof it was there in first place- when you were not aware of it. its a philosophical construct.

let me give you an idea: Kurt Godel was an Austrian who found that any system of laws can produce effects which fail outside the rule of law, therefore can not be contained by the system. therefore, a new system of laws is required to correct the anomaly, but this new system is also plagued by the same imperfection. whatever it is, it was there before.

Let it run free.. Haha image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 17:11
So since this thread is already a cluster.  I take it the rest of the world is somewhat confused with our new President.  Read the other day he got into a hissy fit with your guy, expect angry tweets

Well Alec, I can assure you that neither I, nor many of my nation, are confused about Trump. It is exceptionally clear. What isn't, is why he was voted in - I have to assume the desire for change and non-establishment was greater than the choice of person.

But you're right - New Zealand, Mrs Brown's Boys, U.S. Politics, alternate languages and communication methods, the descendancy of the United Kingdom (and yet no-one asked the difference between the UK, Britain and England), and, of course, character assasination (multiple directions). What a great thread - it has it ALL! All we now need is love and sex and we have a sure fire best seller!!
2017-2-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-9 17:29
Well Alec, I can assure you that neither I, nor many of my nation, are confused about Trump. It is exceptionally clear. What isn't, is why he was voted in - I have to assume the desire for change and non-establishment was greater than the choice of person.

But you're right - New Zealand, Mrs Brown's Boys, U.S. Politics, alternate languages and communication methods, the descendancy of the United Kingdom (and yet no-one asked the difference between the UK, Britain and England), and, of course, character assasination (multiple directions). What a great thread - it has it ALL! All we now need is love and sex and we have a sure fire best seller!!

"Giv'us a kiss you great hunk!"

Is that the Love & Sex added?
2017-2-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 17:11

I discovered Alec Baldwin last week , he gets my vote
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 17:34

Cool! We're there - I'm off to the publisher !!
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I had often desired an off topic section. ;-) image.jpeg

Put the peddle to the metal. Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 17:34

It's God's work, may as well add religion, I don't think that's been covered

I will say this was the first election since I became a citizen that I didn't exercise my right to vote deliberately.
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A "Pub-lusher" drinks too much. Haha

Bartender, another round for the house... Please!! ;-)

Cheers and cheerio!!

RedHotPoker

2017-2-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"and yet no-one asked the difference between the UK, Britain and England"

U.K =England,Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland.

Britain= The island which consists of England, Scotland & Wales

England = One of the provincial countries of Britain.
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

It was like Brexit in a way, more of a protest vote.  The left went too far for 8 years, people were sick of PC and reacted.   Guns, bourbon red white and blue, go back to the "good old days".  Something like that
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-9 17:37
It's God's work, may as well add religion, I don't think that's been covered

Yeah. I think the U.S. Election outcome WAS God's work. Must have been, because everyone one I know on hearing the result said 'Oh my God!' .

Edit: and I understand - it was a protest vote, or at least, for change regardless of the cost. And what a cost. I'll bet that it's the South China Sea that'll crack it, and then experienced drone operators will be in high demand.
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-9 17:43

But I'd expect you to know that Aardvark... hehe. Will the U.K. continue to exist after Brexit though.

See, again, this thread has it all !!
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-9 17:44
Yeah. I think the U.S. Election outcome WAS God's work. Must have been, because everyone one I know on hearing the result said 'Oh my God!' .

I think Donald said pretty much the same thing.  OMG, I'd better google "what does a President do". ;)
2017-2-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-9 17:43

I thought that Britain and UK were the same but the British Isles were the islands which include all of Ireland. In Ireland I was told that the Republic of Ireland is part of the British Isles but not part of Britain.
2017-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 17:51
I thought that Britain and UK were the same but the British Isles were the islands which include all of Ireland. In Ireland I was told that the Republic of Ireland is part of the British Isles but not part of Britain.

C, see Aardvark's summary above.

Edit: Although I realise that the 'British Isles' are another twist...
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I think I saw a quad?
https://quadsaw.com

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-9 17:52

I just looked it up.

Great Britain or just Britain is actually the island which contains England, Wales and Scotland. It is the largest of the British Isles. It is a geographic identification.

The United Kingdom is the union of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and (for now) Scotland. This is a political definition.
2017-2-9
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-9 17:52

The British Isles include all of Ireland and is just a geographical reference for a bunch of islands north west of Europe.
2017-2-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-9 17:51

Great Britain, also known as Britain, is the big island, the British Isles includes all the islands.

The UK is the part that is governed by the UK government.  It does not include southern Ireland since they decided to leave and does not include some of the smaller islands like the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey,  although the Isle of Man like other places such as the Falkland Islands is a UK dependency meaning that we share a lot of things when it makes sense to do so but they do have an independent government and did not vote in the UK Brexit referendum since they are not part of the UK or the EU.

This is made more complicated to understand because when it comes to sport we move all the boundaries, so the Isle of Man and many Irish people compete as part of Team GB in the Olympics even though they don't come from Great Britain and for football we play as independent nations (England, Scotland, Wales...).
2017-2-10
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-2-9 15:39
"ps: theyre called saxons because they're germans from saxonia. ans welsh cause theyre from former Galia (France today). what else have you got, the androids?"

Were you being serious when you wrote that or was it a joke?

on a quadcopter forum, youre showing a map from 5-th century. showing both angles and saxons of German origin. is this supposed to prove what?
2017-2-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-9 16:40
By the way, when you refer to a tribe as the mad Cou, I know you are trying to be a smart ass about mad cow disease.  
It just shows how ignorant you are to issue such an insulting comment.

oh boy. this is the most degrading post so far.
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-2-10 01:36
Great Britain, also known as Britain, is the big island, the British Isles includes all the islands.

The UK is the part that is governed by the UK government.  It does not include southern Ireland since they decided to leave and does not include some of the smaller islands like the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey,  although the Isle of Man like other places such as the Falkland Islands is a UK dependency meaning that we share a lot of things when it makes sense to do so but they do have an independent government and did not vote in the UK Brexit referendum since they are not part of the UK or the EU.

"Great Britain, also known as Britain, is the big island"

In this case Big is a relative term, speakin as someone from a Big Island.

2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules