Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo connected to another device????
6977 21 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

Was using my osmo for indoor videos and it works when it wants to. 95% of the time its says osmo connected to another device and goes back and forth from connecting to disconnecting non stop over and over and over. Once it stopped doing that and started working. It's so glitchy........ Any trick to keep it having a stable connection? Ive reset the wifi, updated firmware. Just has a mind of its own. Using a samsung tablet but swithed to my phone ( galaxy s6 edge ) to see if it would work and same thing happens. Video records on memory card fine. Its just the visuals to see what im recording aren't cooperating.
2017-2-7
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Try setting your phone to forget all WiFi stations except the Osmo. I have a cheap Samsung smartphone dedicated to my Osmo, set on airplane mode and only the Osmo WiFi  available, that does the trick for me.
2017-2-7
Use props
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-2-7 10:23
Try setting your phone to forget all WiFi stations except the Osmo. I have a cheap Samsung smartphone dedicated to my Osmo, set on airplane mode and only the Osmo WiFi  available, that does the trick for me.

ok I will look into giving that a shot. Thank you. But this being my phone that has stored wifi passwords everywhere I go might be kinda tough to do.
2017-2-7
Use props
Henk3771
lvl.1

Netherlands

Got the same problem.
I've got the Osmo since a year, brought me lots of pleasure!
My new PH4 asked for GO4 app. Since I've download these app, the problem described above makes working with Osmo terrible.
So I've deleted GO4 app
Now I'll try it again..
2017-2-9
Use props
Henk3771
lvl.1

Netherlands

Deleted GO4 and problem is solved.
So if you use only DJI GO app, maybe the osmo operates good.
Also it's possible the app makes troubles with another app. Success
2017-2-9
Use props
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

Henk3771 Posted at 2017-2-9 23:59
Deleted GO4 and problem is solved.
So if you use only DJI GO app, maybe the osmo operates good.
Also it's possible the app makes troubles with another app. Success

Interesting. Yes I have go4 for my mavic so I have to keep it. Maybe ill delete go4 on my phone to use osmo and get an ipad mini for mavic with go4.
2017-2-10
Use props
JHayes
New
Flight distance : 4137 ft
United States

I have the same problem! I also have the DJI go 4 installed for my phantom 4 pro! just spent alot of money for a product that is doing this is unexceptible!
2017-2-12
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

Force quit the DJI GO 4 app and the Osmo will work just fine. No need to uninstall it.
Settings>Applications>Application manager>DJI Go 4>Force stop.
2017-2-12
Use props
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

ticktockdocker Posted at 2017-2-12 13:43
Force quit the DJI GO 4 app and the Osmo will work just fine. No need to uninstall it.

ok I will give it a shot. But it also works for a bit then does the same thing out of no where. I haven't gone to check if dji go 4 program started back up on its own again. But I will. Thank you again.,
2017-2-13
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Thanks so much. I got the same problem & solved it with the procedure you suggested.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans56ceaa10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327815 ft
United States

I am having the same problem. The bottom line is that you cannot have Go and Go 4 on the same phone. Which means you have to have Go 4 for the Mavic and Go for the OSMO. I will force stop Go 4 as mentioned above and it will work fine, and then Go 4 will randomly start up and the camera screen will lock up and turn black and white.
2017-6-27
Use props
NunoPortugalFil
New
Flight distance : 7982 ft
Portugal

Doing this saved my Osmo usage.. its incredible how DJI makes us download 2 different apps and then.. make them so disruptive to one another! OMG... incredible.
2017-6-29
Use props
tkseward
New

United States

Same issue after I bought the Mavic and installed the DJI GO 4 app.. this is so dumb.. seriously DJI get it together and use ONE APP!!!!!! duh!
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tkseward Posted at 2017-7-5 14:20
Same issue after I bought the Mavic and installed the DJI GO 4 app.. this is so dumb.. seriously DJI get it together and use ONE APP!!!!!! duh!

Our engineers are working hard on improving our APP, please force the DJI Go 4 to be closed completely when run DJI Go. We will keep improving our product to make your experience with us better.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansf242cb99
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 01:28
Our engineers are working hard on improving our APP, please force the DJI Go 4 to be closed completely when run DJI Go. We will keep improving our product to make your experience with us better.

This needs fixed now! People are committing to a product line and a brand.  Then when you commit you can't even use it.  The customer service with DJI is also pathetic.
2017-7-13
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had the same problem with my S8. I have the Mavic and OSMO so I need both apps. The OSMO starts saying its connected to another device over and over again. I have to go in the Android Settings and go to memory management and force close everything. Then it works for a while but if my phone drops the OSMO Wifi for any reason the DJI Go 4 app starts again in the back ground no idea why. So I have to go do the whole memory clearing thing again its a PITA!!! And I cant uninstall the app because I need it for my Mavic....
2017-7-16
Use props
user9930457d01
New
Yemen

OSMO is connected with another mobile device
Screenshot_2017-07-22-16-07-21.jpg
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

user9930457d01 Posted at 2017-7-22 05:37
OSMO is connected with another mobile device

We have responded on your own thread, please check.
2017-7-24
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-24 02:52
We have responded on your own thread, please check.

Well, that's kind of the problem.  You responded.  That's it.  Nothing has been fixed.

I had the same problem using the Osmo and the Osmo Mobile at the same time.  I didn't realize when I bought these products that DJI products will fight with each other and cause problems.  Half the files I shot for a commercial project came out corrupted.  I wasted a ton of time reshooting and addressing the connection problem, which shouldn't even happen since one is bluetooth and the other wi-fi, but there it is.
2017-7-24
Use props
Archimedes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13750 ft
Greece

DonBishop Posted at 2017-7-24 07:18
Well, that's kind of the problem.  You responded.  That's it.  Nothing has been fixed.

I had the same problem using the Osmo and the Osmo Mobile at the same time.  I didn't realize when I bought these products that DJI products will fight with each other and cause problems.  Half the files I shot for a commercial project came out corrupted.  I wasted a ton of time reshooting and addressing the connection problem, which shouldn't even happen since one is bluetooth and the other wi-fi, but there it is.

Having installed on the mobile phone both apps  Dji-go   and Dji-go4  I have had the same issue with my Osmo / Samsung Galaxy s7edge  combination  .
Following the kind advice  from member ticktockdocker I un-installed the dji go4 app and the issue fixed at once.

Likewise I followed the same procedure with my Phantom 4 / Samsung Galaxy tab S2 combination
and in this case I un-installed the Dji go app.

Thanks a lot for helping.
2017-8-9
Use props
bad karma7
New
Flight distance : 896 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my Osmo.  The solution is so simple!  Sold the Osmo and bought a gopro hero 5. Boom.  It works flawlessly,  something that is never said about any Dji product.
2017-8-9
Use props
Steven Heinz
New
Flight distance : 12454 ft
United States

thanks, force stop on DJI go 4, did the trick!
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules