Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Radio Channel Quality Poor
31014 24 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

Every time I start up my Phantom 4 Pro, I get the "Radio Channel Quality Poor" Strong Interference. Fly With caution warning.

It doesn't matter if I am out in front of my house or a vacant field.  I get the warning every time.  It seems to fly fine, no problems, but any suggestions
on getting rid of the warning?
Screenshot_20170206-181549.jpg
2017-2-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It could be a fault in your RC unit or aircraft, but it could also be a lot of interference in your area.

The first thing I would ask is if you have manually selected a radio channel, because that means the system cannot switch to another channel to get a clear path.  The feature of frequency agility, or the ability to hop to another channel if there is interference on the current channel, is a very good feature. Why people think that by defeating it they will get better results is beyond me. But that is another story.

The DJI system shares the 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz bands with millions of un-regulated radio emitting devices, everything from home WiFi to garage door openers, baby monitors and such.  The simplest way to see what the local interference is like, is to select the channel map in the Go App and look at what radio devices are working in your vicinity.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you have your antennas oriented properly?

2017-2-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jetpilot,

The same thing happens to me but has no serious effect.  At one time, I noticed that when I was using a long USB or HDMI cable and coiled it up, the cable was putting out signals that were considered interference (and they did have an effect).  I now have short cables and the warnings are fewer and further between.

I plan to follow Geebax's suggestion and look into the channel map of the DJI Go app to look at what radio devices are working in my area.  We have that?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-8
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I also get this warning every time i turn on the drone. But after like 10-15 sec it goes away.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-7 17:04
It could be a fault in your RC unit or aircraft, but it could also be a lot of interference in your area.

The first thing I would ask is if you have manually selected a radio channel, because that means the system cannot switch to another channel to get a clear path.  The feature of frequency agility, or the ability to hop to another channel if there is interference on the current channel, is a very good feature. Why people think that by defeating it they will get better results is beyond me. But that is another story.

I have not manually selected a channel, but I have NEVER seen it switch from anything other than 5.8g for a working channel.  As I stated in the original post, It doesn't matter if I am in front of my house or in the middle of a field no closer that 1/4 mile from anything and clear line of site.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 00:03
Just to clarify, do you have your antennas oriented properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

I orient the antennas exactly as outlined in the video.  I have ever experimented with changing the orientation to see if anything matters with no change.  It doesn't matter if I am 10 feet or 300 feet from aircraft, still same issues.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

HellStream Posted at 2017-2-8 02:31
I also get this warning every time i turn on the drone. But after like 10-15 sec it goes away.

I get the warning on power up, and it never goes away.  I have never seen the warning not displayed.
2017-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-2-8 15:28
I have not manually selected a channel, but I have NEVER seen it switch from anything other than 5.8g for a working channel.  As I stated in the original post, It doesn't matter if I am in front of my house or in the middle of a field no closer that 1/4 mile from anything and clear line of site.

Just to be clear, if the radio system on the aircraft can range to several miles, being a 1/4 mile from everything is near enough to being on top of another signal.  Home WiFi systems have antennas too.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-8 15:32
Just to be clear, if the radio system on the aircraft can range to several miles, being a 1/4 mile from everything is near enough to being on top of another signal.  Home WiFi systems have antennas too.

You are correct.  The 1/4 mile was from ANYTHING, cars, trees people, except me.  However I am getting poor signal everywhere, even remote locations miles away from any civilization.  I would expect frequently hopping to be able to establish good connection in an area with few if any 2.4 or 5.8 signals present.
2017-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-2-8 15:45
You are correct.  The 1/4 mile was from ANYTHING, cars, trees people, except me.  However I am getting poor signal everywhere, even remote locations miles away from any civilization.  I would expect frequently hopping to be able to establish good connection in an area with few if any 2.4 or 5.8 signals present.

Yes, that's why I said it could be a problem with your particular system. Have you tried backdating the firmware to see if that helps?
2017-2-8
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-8 16:02
Yes, that's why I said it could be a problem with your particular system. Have you tried backdating the firmware to see if that helps?

I haven't tried backdating firmware yet, But the problem was there on the last firmware before update as well.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

This happens to me because of me taking off near houses and Wifi it never has happened when I am on the beach.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-7 17:04

How do you do that on the Phantom 3 Standard?
2017-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-8 16:21
How do you do that on the Phantom 3 Standard?

I don't know that you can. BTW, you are hijacking another poster's thread.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-8 16:38
I don't know that you can. BTW, you are hijacking another poster's thread.

Sorry. Back to Topic.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Did you check if the antennas on the drone are still good in shape?
2017-2-8
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Have you set your antennas in correct position? If you are using 5,8G you should set them to point straight up.
And if you are using 2,4G the angle is about 60 degree.
This is from the manual, page 40.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-2-8 15:30
I orient the antennas exactly as outlined in the video.  I have ever experimented with changing the orientation to see if anything matters with no change.  It doesn't matter if I am 10 feet or 300 feet from aircraft, still same issues.

Try the following to see if it helps:

Try to reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

After that, I would recommend relinking the RC to the aircraft using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-2-9
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 13:40
Try the following to see if it helps:

Try to reset the RC:

Thanks Jamie,

Relinking did the trick.  Thanks for the help
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-2-9 15:30
Thanks Jamie,

Relinking did the trick.  Thanks for the help

Good to hear!
2017-2-9
Use props
djiuser_YqptldB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

Where is the linking button on aircraft. Then finished the wheel on right side, never beeped.  What am I doing wrong?
2017-11-28
Use props
colorin
New

Argentina

hola amigo!! pudiste solucionar el tema del control (poor) me sucede lo mismo en un phanton 4 y siempre el status en rojo "Radio quality poor" AYUDA!!
2018-3-23
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-2-8 15:45

1/4 mile would be interesting.  I get the message 2 feet away.  The video is of no help if it does not work 2 feet away.

2018-5-21
Use props
fans5ee05601
lvl.1

United States

Hey jetpiot.....I have only had my Mavic 2 zoom and am getting the exact same error message..... have you found out anyway to fix it?..
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules