Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nvidia Shield screen inversion with HDMI connected
970 4 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G1DTF
Captain
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Does anyone know of a way if its even possible to invert the tablet screen whilst the HDMI is connected. I have a sunshade which due to the design means that when the HDMI is connected the tablet screen is inverted.
2017-2-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Not sure, but does your tablet have a "auto-rotation" feature you can toggle off?
2017-2-8
Use props
G1DTF
Captain
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-8 05:01
Not sure, but does your tablet have a "auto-rotation" feature you can toggle off?

Auto rotate works fine until the HDMI is used then the  screen orientation is locked.
2017-2-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

G1DTF Posted at 2017-2-8 07:32
Auto rotate works fine until the HDMI is used then the  screen orientation is locked.

Just so I understand your question. You are plugging your hdmi cable into your  shield and connecting to what? I'm thinking it sounds like you plug it in and then have to rotate the tablet because of your sunshade requires it to be flipped and your screen stays locked and doesn't auto rotate back correct or not? Have you tried leaving the auto rotate turned off, and then flip it over and plug in the hdmi cable afterwards? I'm a little confused I guess as to just what you are doing. Sorry.
2017-2-8
Use props
G1DTF
Captain
United Kingdom

That is correct the shield is upside down in the sunshade to allow access to volume / power buttons and USB / hdmi sockets and with the tablet set to autorotate the picture is correct. However when I connect the HDMI the screen rotates back and the screen is then inverted. Just connecting to TV whilst testing but plan on attatching FPV goggles if possible without having to remove sunshade and rotating the tablet to correct the image.
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules