firmware update??
1257 7 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilddeer
lvl.2

United States

I will be recieving my Mavic today 2/8/17, do i have to or is it recomended to do a firm ware update on the Aircraft and RC.
2017-2-8
Use props
Michael Miami S
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

its always good to keep your firmware and software versions up to date.
2017-2-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If it's brand new there's a good chance it'll already have the latest firmware installed, but if there's a newer version it'll prompt you to upgrade. And yes, if you are prompted to upgrade then you should do so, at least for the current version of the firmware.
2017-2-8
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Received mine yesterday.  DJI Go 4 app told me it already had the latest firmware and that everything was already up to date.
2017-2-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

At this point your Mavic will likely be up to date or using an even newer firmware than what the rest of us are using, but if it isn't, remember that you need to update any extra batteries you might have as well as your drone.
2017-2-8
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I received mine on the 6th and it had the latest update only available on the newly shipped units.  Yours will probably have the latest but it is good to check it anyway and learn how to do it.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the others have said, if will probably have the latest update. If not then the app will prompt you to update.
It is recommended to update if there is one.
2017-2-8
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

+1 to DJI-Ken!

When mine arrived late Jan it had the latest firmware installed.
- Went out to buy a 4th Battery, it also has the latest firmware installed.

So All good, unless there's a new firmware release just after the day your Mavic has been dispatched.
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules