Mavic Repair update [Solved]
2373 10 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

I’m one of the customers who ordered the Mavic within the last days of September. Since then I’ve been planning a trip to Asia, looking forward to capturing some stunning aerials abroad with the Mavic.

Fast forward to December, when I finally had the Mavic in my hands. I live in Vancouver, and we had an unusually cold winter this year. On a warmer evening (I was waiting for warmer weather due to DJI’s advice to not fly in too cold temperatures. Shortly after takeoff I received an error “overcurrent discharge”, which resulted in a crash (full story here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77541-1-1.html).

In that thread, DJI Mindy advised me to contact support and helped to create a support ticket for a replacement. As instructed, I packed up the Mavic and everything else that came with it into the original box, packed that box into the sturdy shipping box that it arrived in, and sent it to the DJI facility in Carson, CA.

It arrived at the DJI facility on Monday Jan 16, and this was confirmed by support when I called to follow up. To this date, the status in the repair tracker has not been updated since the ticket was created. I’ve called support several times, as well as used chat several times to get an update on what’s happening. Did my Mavic get lost at the facility? Was it stolen? Did something happen to it? Each time I get told that it’s at the top of the queue, and that I should check back in a day or so. Each time I check back in a day or so and nothing ever changes.

I’ve explained my situation with the vacation that I’ve been looking forward to for months, and I’ve been assured that I will have a Mavic back to me by then. It’s now February 8. I leave for vacation on the 17th. At this rate, it’s looking very unlikely that this is going to happen at all, especially given that there hasn’t been an update to my case since December 28.

Can someone from DJI please explain what is going on? Has my Mavic been lost or stolen at the facility? It’s so strange that I’m seeing reports of people on this forum getting their Mavic serviced and returned within 1-2 weeks, and I’m sitting here nearly a month later with nothing. The best I can hope for is that it gets looked at within the next few days and the replacement gets sent overnight to me. I'm sure anyone could appreciate how stressful this situation is.

I’m sorry I have to do all this communication here, as I’m getting nowhere with support on the phone and via the chat.

DJI has the Mavic

DJI has the Mavic

Status hasn't changed since this started

Status hasn't changed since this started
2017-2-8
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

I feel your pain. DJI support had better get their act together before competitors catch up or DJI will go the way of Blackberry
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry about it. Your unit is not lost, and we're processing the repair of it. I've registered your complaint and you should receive an update in a day or two.
2017-2-8
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Oh. Please. I spoke to a woman who could barely speak English to resolve an issue. All she could tell me was to delete and reinstall the app. Beyond stupid. DJI is a billion dollar company. HIRE SOME COMPETENT PEOPLE THAT SPEAK ENGLISH AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!
2017-2-9
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

Following up - I was able to call DJI support and got forwarded to someone who was able to get a shipping label created for me and a replacement is coming overnight express. Thanks to all forum staff who helped. I'll report back when the bird is in the air again!
For the record, everyone I spoke to was nice and spoke English just fine.
2017-2-9
Use props
martin1504
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130581 ft
Austria

I was contacting the DJI chat because I got no confirmation form y DJI care refresh (bought together with a Mavic fly more combo from DJI store).
The DJI chat told me that my care refresh is activated, but they are not able to resend the confirmation mail.
I checked the care refresh status from my Mavic online  and I got no confirmation for it. – I wonder why the DJI chat could confirm that its activated.
After that I mailed to djicare@dji.com ant I got the conformation that DJI care refresh is NOT activated for my Mavic yet. They don’t know why this happened and I got a ticked request(#421522) to escalate the problem.
I personally think that the DJI chat is completely useless ant they don’t even look at our problems. They just give “copy-paste”-standard answers tour questions. They don’t care if they give wrong information’s to their customers.
The only way to get information’s is to grab a ticket per mail…..

DJI care refresh.jpg
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-9 18:29
Oh. Please. I spoke to a woman who could barely speak English to resolve an issue. All she could tell me was to delete and reinstall the app. Beyond stupid. DJI is a billion dollar company. HIRE SOME COMPETENT PEOPLE THAT SPEAK ENGLISH AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Can you PM me  your phone number, and the number of DJI you called?
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

martin1504 Posted at 2017-2-9 21:58
I was contacting the DJI chat because I got no confirmation form y DJI care refresh (bought together with a Mavic fly more combo from DJI store).
The DJI chat told me that my care refresh is activated, but they are not able to resend the confirmation mail.
I checked the care refresh status from my Mavic online  and I got no confirmation for it. – I wonder why the DJI chat could confirm that its activated.

We're very sorry about it, normally that's the case when the Care and drone is bought together. The rep doesn't have access to that system, we're still integrating different IT systems and things will improve.
2017-2-10
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-10 02:36
Can you PM me  your phone number, and the number of DJI you called?

(818) 235-0789  I TRIED but it would not let me PM.  Bottom line, after fooling around and I figured it out.  The sport/normal switch was on sport and so the other modes did not show up.  Its terrible that the only remedy these CS people can come up with is..."delete/re-nstalll the APP, if that doesn't work we will send you a ticket to rerurn" she knew NOTHING about the Mavic!
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-10 04:29
(818) 235-0789  I TRIED but it would not let me PM.  Bottom line, after fooling around and I figured it out.  The sport/normal switch was on sport and so the other modes did not show up.  Its terrible that the only remedy these CS people can come up with is..."delete/re-nstalll the APP, if that doesn't work we will send you a ticket to rerurn" she knew NOTHING about the Mavic!

Sorry about that, the PM function doesn't seem to work. Would you please email me at Hunter.Chen@dji.com of your phone number and a reference to this thread? Thank you.
2017-2-11
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
United States

I sent you an email
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules