Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't shoot RAW in active track mode
1413 10 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2812ce1f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133694 ft
South Africa

When I take photos in active track mode (because I photograph athletes for a living), the camera mode changes form RAW to Jpeg and I can't set it back again. Switching out of active track return it to RAW mode.

Please DJI fix this, it makes such a brilliant shooting platform almost  useless to me.
2017-2-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Bummer, I hadn't tried that yet and would also find it useful. Have you submitted a bug report yet?
2017-2-9
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.1
South Africa

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-9 08:07
Bummer, I hadn't tried that yet and would also find it useful. Have you submitted a bug report yet?

Not yet. I was hoping one of the DJI internal boffins would comment first.
2017-2-9
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.1
South Africa

I have now reported this to DJI. They of course wanted me to run the normal BS routine of uninstalling and reinstalling software, then bizarrely asked me to send them a video of the problem. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that without hauling out my video camera and doing a full production. We will see if they report it as a bug and if it get fixed.
2017-2-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

We may find that there's not enough processing resources to both Active Track AND capture RAW files, but I hope it's just a bug -- thanks for reporting!
2017-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yep, JPG only.  Even if you don't take a shot, it will be in JPG the next time you shoot stills no matter what mode you're in.  This behavior is in DJI GO 4 no matter the DJI drone I'm flying.  And since JPG is absolute 100% useless garbage coming out of this camera, it's a real pain when you get to post & realize all the stills are USELESS.  And now the activity you shot will never occur again!

Oh & I reported this back when I got my P4P+ 8 days after it was unveiled (I ordered it 15 minutes after it was unveiled).  So, it's been an eternity to fix such simple bugs.  This & the irritating Imperial speeds/rates showing metric.  Just lame & lazy...

2017-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

ChrisH_Photos Posted at 2017-2-9 08:54
I have now reported this to DJI. They of course wanted me to run the normal BS routine of uninstalling and reinstalling software, then bizarrely asked me to send them a video of the problem. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that without hauling out my video camera and doing a full production. We will see if they report it as a bug and if it get fixed.

SMH, right?

Just in case you're lying about STILLS, they have you send a VIDEO???  Makes PERFECT sense.  Sounds like Dell support just to "deal" with you.
2017-2-9
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.1
South Africa

OK, the same thing happens in gesture mode, but not in Tripod mode. What a silly behaviour. I bought this drone because it has RAW photo capability. I really don't even use it for video. Now it is hobbled and useless.
2017-2-9
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.1
South Africa

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-9 09:36
SMH, right?

Just in case you're lying about STILLS, they have you send a VIDEO???  Makes PERFECT sense.  Sounds like Dell support just to "deal" with you.

That's the feeling I got. Someone was reading from a script. 'Uninstall software, update firmware, reboot everything, send us a copy of the video.'
2017-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

ChrisH_Photos Posted at 2017-2-9 23:53
That's the feeling I got. Someone was reading from a script. 'Uninstall software, update firmware, reboot everything, send us a copy of the video.'

Hey, even worse...

The P4P+ will still say "RAW" up there by the number of shots & SD card symbol.  Your shots come out JPG & the time/date is still showing 16 hours into the future (just another thing I'm waiting on a fix).
2017-2-10
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

So that's why my camera settings again and again jumps back to shooting jpg only even though I periodically set it to raw+jpg. Very frustrating and annoying. Here's another vote to get it fixed...
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules