Inspire 2 Slow Response to Yaw // with video//SOLVED
5622 56 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311673 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same issue! That's why I searched this topic before posting the question. Glad to see I am not the only one but still confused on how to fix the issue. This started with the update a few days ago and I also lowered my gimbal pitch and yaw speed to 3 with a smoothness of 25, so I can get smooth movement. Now the I2 spins as if it were in atti mode. Has this issue been addressed by DJI?
2017-2-15
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-2-15 11:03
Not every I2 is affected simply because a lot of people have never played with the gimbal settings ;)

It is alarming behaviour because the response can be affected so much - when I did it, I changed the settings mid flight and flew back to base with the aircraft giving the weird response & yes it was very very disconcerting, especially with trees and fences to avoid in the landing zone! Not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat.

+1 for the gimbal settings

Will keep you and the others updated when i can run the next test...

Thanks
2017-2-15
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NanoPixel.Studi Posted at 2017-2-15 13:40
I am experiencing the same issue! That's why I searched this topic before posting the question. Glad to see I am not the only one but still confused on how to fix the issue. This started with the update a few days ago and I also lowered my gimbal pitch and yaw speed to 3 with a smoothness of 25, so I can get smooth movement. Now the I2 spins as if it were in atti mode. Has this issue been addressed by DJI?

It's a user setting, so not something DJI will 'address' as such - reset your gimbal settings and it should improve the response.
2017-2-15
Use props
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311673 ft
United States

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-2-15 16:19
It's a user setting, so not something DJI will 'address' as such - reset your gimbal settings and it should improve the response.

It's not the settings. I restored back to default and it still does it. Too many others are experiencing the same issue for this to be a problem with a user setting.
2017-2-15
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you restore aircraft yaw or gimbal yaw/pitc/smoothness. They're not the same thing and are on different screensi DJI Go.
2017-2-16
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, did a bit of testing today, the "problem" arises when the setting 'Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode' is changed from 0. If you set to something like 40, then you start to see this behaviour, if you set to 100, then the aircraft pretty much refuses any yaw stick commands at all.

If you've set your settings so you get the slow response and find the aircraft carries on turning after you've let go of the sticks and you need to stop it, you can stop it instantly by flicking over to atti mode.

For what it's worth, the exp settings for the gimbal and for aircraft don't seem to have much impact when the smoothness in follow is  set (but they will when you switch gimbal to free mode or the aircraft to atti mode).
2017-2-16
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-2-16 11:04
Ok, did a bit of testing today, the "problem" arises when the setting 'Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode' is changed from 0. If you set to something like 40, then you start to see this behaviour, if you set to 100, then the aircraft pretty much refuses any yaw stick commands at all.

If you've set your settings so you get the slow response and find the aircraft carries on turning after you've let go of the sticks and you need to stop it, you can stop it instantly by flicking over to atti mode.

Very interesting, thanks for testing this out. Gonna try this at the weekend to confirm your observations with my I2.

Will report back soon

Patrick
2017-2-16
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello Elektro-Nick,

Thanks for your help, today i tested the settings with the "gimbal Yaw smoothness" and it is exactly as you said.
So after all this time everything works as it should. Always wondering what's the need of this... and a little bit surprised that nobody from the official DJI team could give a valid answer or chime in to give some support.

By the way this option should be called "Aircraft Yaw smoothness".

Thanks again

Patrick
2017-2-18
Use props
fans6973baf1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-18 08:58
Hello Elektro-Nick,

Thanks for your help, today i tested the settings with the "gimbal Yaw smoothness" and it is exactly as you said.

Hey guys I've been playing with my Inspire 2 for a week now and going nuts until I found this thread..
Thanks for the solution to a problem that questioned my sanity on buying a flyin brick...

It's all good now, thanks again.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... ;type=3&theater
2017-2-18
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad it's fixed for you guys, now go enjoy flying a great quad
2017-2-18
Use props
fans6973baf1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-2-18
Use props
Flory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine works fine in free an atti. Follow doesn't work in any mode
2017-2-19
Use props
Flory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would some work an some not . Something is going on.
2017-2-19
Use props
Lucads
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15741 ft
Switzerland

Got the same issue, for unknown reason my setting was 100 and the aircraft couldn't turn...no clue why this happened
2017-8-27
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems that Sometimes a djigo or firmware update changes the value (or fails to recognise the previously set value).
2017-8-28
Use props
Bogenn
lvl.1
United States

Lucads Posted at 2017-8-27 03:23
Got the same issue, for unknown reason my setting was 100 and the aircraft couldn't turn...no clue why this happened

Thanks. I had the same problem. Just happened out of the blue. This setting must have changed somehow during a firmware update and throws everyone off. Just to clarify.... this setting is located here:
Main Controller Settings/Advanced Settings/Sensitivity/Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode
2017-9-10
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Bogenn, yep that's the right setting location now. For some reason DJI moved the setting menu in a firmware update.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules