1168 5 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

Hello

Does anyone use iPad Pro with mavic controller?  Some mount I've seen blocks controller screen while others seem to be mounted lower position but it seems bit too heavy to place ipad in position like that.  Anyone have their favorite mount/price and review?  I live in US

Thank you
2017-2-9
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a low cost one from dirtydesigns that I found on YouTube.  It costs around 35 bucks.  There is also one called "magmount" that costs around 50 bucks that I have knowledge of.  The one I use from dirty designs works just fine and is very light.  I like that it places the iPad screen out front much like my P4 mount, as I have never liked that the iphone or even the prospect of the ipad mini screen below the controller-it does not work well for me except when I am cycling and then I use the iphone.  

Regarding covering the controller screen: Ask yourself; have you ever actually looked at the screen of the controller while you were flying?  I never do, as it is a duplication and the phone/tablet screen is in color and has much more information and that is actually where the video is coming to.  I guess if you ever really need the controller screen it will always be there but I do not see any reasons why you should need to use both screens.  Just my opinion.  By the way; flying with a full sized iPad like I do with my P4 makes a big difference with the Mavic, but as stated one can appreciate the small controller of the Mavic and that one can use a small iPhone or similar cell phone for such things as cycling and such, where the larger screen would be a hindrance.  Hope this helps you.  
2017-2-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made a mount so I could attach a 42 " flat screen to my mavrics controller!!!!!!!
2017-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just think Mavic is meant to use small screen, hopefully crystalsky will take care of all those awkward looking add ons which make the Mavic look like a fur coat with no knickers. Lol
2017-2-9
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-2-9 12:57
I use a low cost one from dirtydesigns that I found on YouTube.  It costs around 35 bucks.  There is also one called "magmount" that costs around 50 bucks that I have knowledge of.  The one I use from dirty designs works just fine and is very light.  I like that it places the iPad screen out front much like my P4 mount, as I have never liked that the iphone or even the prospect of the ipad mini screen below the controller-it does not work well for me except when I am cycling and then I use the iphone.  

Regarding covering the controller screen: Ask yourself; have you ever actually looked at the screen of the controller while you were flying?  I never do, as it is a duplication and the phone/tablet screen is in color and has much more information and that is actually where the video is coming to.  I guess if you ever really need the controller screen it will always be there but I do not see any reasons why you should need to use both screens.  Just my opinion.  By the way; flying with a full sized iPad like I do with my P4 makes a big difference with the Mavic, but as stated one can appreciate the small controller of the Mavic and that one can use a small iPhone or similar cell phone for such things as cycling and such, where the larger screen would be a hindrance.  Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the great info.  I am waiting on my mavic pro so I didnt know how useful controller screen is.  Also I have LG G5 and I read G5 is bad with connection issue.  Which is why I wanted to use my iPad pro with larger screen and longer battery.  I may opt for etsy design you mentioned
2017-2-9
Use props
Skeeter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84905 ft
United States

Small screens may work fine for young eyes, but us older folks need something a little friendlier! I use the Mavmount with an iPad Air 2 and it works well for me. I also have my iPhone 6 loaded with the DJI apps and try to keep my settings mirrored. However, I have a difficult time seeing the on-screen info with the iPhone. It's just too cramped. To each his own, and if it works stick with it!

P.S. R&L Aerial - Please put up a picture! :-)
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules