Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LB1 first timer questions
1759 19 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quality
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
Looking for a little direction from all the lightbridge pros out there. I've been flying without video for awhile, but now am needing video + OSD telemetry.

Here is what I want to accomplish:
a single GoPro camera attached to lightbridge + Mark 2 + A2 ----> gives me telemetry on screen and a video feed on an ipad mini

Having never set this up can someone confirm to me that all I need to buy is this:
Lightbridge transmitter/reciever: http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... om=related_products
Mark 2 OSD: http://store.dji.com/product/iosd-mark-ii?from=buy_now

I'm also looking for any good videos or tutorials on getting it all set up. Thanks for any help.
2017-2-9
Use props
youzq
lvl.1
Hong Kong

mark2 osd is no need.
2017-2-10
Use props
quality
lvl.1

United States

youzq Posted at 2017-2-10 04:39
mark2 osd is no need.

How do you get telemetry overlay on screen then?
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

quality Posted at 2017-2-10 07:21

As far as Im aware, If you are not using the DJI Go app (which you wont be if you are using a GoPro) then you wont have OSD info as that is normally supplied by the App.

So you would need iOSD (or maybe OSD mini).

H
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

quality Posted at 2017-2-10 07:21

Lightbridge 1 has OSD capabilities built in. The iOSD Mark II would be redundant in that aspect, however, you could still use the Mark II as a black box for flight data. The latter would be up to you.
2017-2-10
Use props
quality
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 19:04
Lightbridge 1 has OSD capabilities built in. The iOSD Mark II would be redundant in that aspect, however, you could still use the Mark II as a black box for flight data. The latter would be up to you.

Ahhh...see that's the response I was looking for. Thank you DJI-Jamie. Ok...so LB1 has OSD built in that's fantastic.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

quality Posted at 2017-2-10 20:46
Ahhh...see that's the response I was looking for. Thank you DJI-Jamie. Ok...so LB1 has OSD built in that's fantastic.

Best of luck to you with your new set up!
2017-2-10
Use props
quality
lvl.1

United States

so one more question...maybe two.
I've read that there is currently no app for iOS is this true? I can't find one on the app store. So I can only get video feed on an external monitor or Android?

I was reading the lightbridge manual and noticed the screenshots appear to only have the battery percentage on screen. Is there a way to show actual voltage?
2017-2-10
Use props
youzq
lvl.1
Hong Kong

quality Posted at 2017-2-10 21:05
I've read that there is currently no app for iOS is this true? I can't find one on the app store. So I can only get video feed on an external monitor or Android?

NO, only android.
2017-2-20
Use props
fansf29bff9a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1944744 ft
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-10 10:30
As far as Im aware, If you are not using the DJI Go app (which you wont be if you are using a GoPro) then you wont have OSD info as that is normally supplied by the App.

So you would need iOSD (or maybe OSD mini).

I am just jumping from a Phantom 4 and some small Naza M-Lite projects into a larger rig.  I was thinking of the LB2 controller / A3 combo which I thought would be compatible with the DJI GO 4 IOS app with onscreen display on my IPad.  I am confused with the statement "As far as Im aware, If you are not using the DJI Go app (which you wont be if you are using a GoPro...".  What does the GOPro have to do with using the GO application.  I thought any video could be transmitted through LB2 to the the remote control / IPad.  Appreciate any help in better understanding.  Thanks.
2017-2-26
Use props
quality
lvl.1

United States

fansf29bff9a Posted at 2017-2-26 12:29
I am just jumping from a Phantom 4 and some small Naza M-Lite projects into a larger rig.  I was thinking of the LB2 controller / A3 combo which I thought would be compatible with the DJI GO 4 IOS app with onscreen display on my IPad.  I am confused with the statement "As far as Im aware, If you are not using the DJI Go app (which you wont be if you are using a GoPro...".  What does the GOPro have to do with using the GO application.  I thought any video could be transmitted through LB2 to the the remote control / IPad.  Appreciate any help in better understanding.  Thanks.

I'm flying with the A2 not the A3 but I can vouch for the fact that the LB2 and DJI GO app (not go 4) works on iOS. My ipad mini is a little too slow to process the HD video feed but my iphone works flawlessly. I have that A2 + LB2 connected to a goPro hero 5 static camera (no gimbal) and everything works great.
2017-3-3
Use props
rge99
lvl.3
United States

quality Posted at 2017-3-3 10:19
I'm flying with the A2 not the A3 but I can vouch for the fact that the LB2 and DJI GO app (not go 4) works on iOS. My ipad mini is a little too slow to process the HD video feed but my iphone works flawlessly. I have that A2 + LB2 connected to a goPro hero 5 static camera (no gimbal) and everything works great.

ok - thanks - Still confused as to whther I need 2 separate cameras - one for FPV and one for real photo/videos
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

quality Posted at 2017-2-10 21:05

That is correct that there isn't an iOS app for Lightbridge 1. When using a DIY unit, you would see voltage instead of percentage. The percentage readout is solely for Phantom units.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansf29bff9a Posted at 2017-2-26 12:29

For any set up that uses LB2, it would be the regular Go app and not the Go4. I think the poster was trying to clarify that you're using the LB app with LB1 and not the Go app.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rge99 Posted at 2017-3-6 08:40
ok - thanks - Still confused as to whther I need 2 separate cameras - one for FPV and one for real photo/videos

It depends on what you want. Once camera tends to work out just fine, it's up to you if you want a 2nd camera for FPV purposes. Most people get a second camera if the main camera is on a 360 degree rotating gimbal (like a Ronin or a Z15 gimbal) and the FPV camera is on a stationary mount so you always know the aircrafts heading.
2017-3-6
Use props
rge99
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-6 14:33
It depends on what you want. Once camera tends to work out just fine, it's up to you if you want a 2nd camera for FPV purposes. Most people get a second camera if the main camera is on a 360 degree rotating gimbal (like a Ronin or a Z15 gimbal) and the FPV camera is on a stationary mount so you always know the aircrafts heading.

Got it - thanks
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

No problem.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans093e2b01
lvl.1

France

Hi
Please if I plug lightbridge1 tx to a separate lipo and not with the lipo of drone. What's level battery the osd feed back? The battery level of tx lightbridge or battery level of drone?
2017-5-22
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 20:50

I have a quick question. Will the DJI LightBridge 1 function with the A3 Pro I have 2 LB 1's  and want to upgrade my A2 to the A3  and use my LB 1. Thank s
2017-7-7
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 20:50

I have a quick question. Will the DJI LightBridge 1 function with the A3 Pro I have 2 LB 1's  and want to upgrade my A2 to the A3  and use my LB 1. Thank s
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules