4597 14 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans593fc987
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

(Youtube by Peter Homer Plublished on Feb 9, 2017)

Where to Purchase and reasonably priced.

2017-2-10
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

Subscribed, just to see what everyone else's opinion is...
2017-2-10
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

I'm cautious about anything third party, it could void your warranty.

Subscribed.
2017-2-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Bradz Posted at 2017-2-10 05:33
I'm cautious about anything third party, it could void your warranty.

Subscribed.

That's true, and even aside from the warranty concerns I'm a little leery of buying third-party accessories when the risk includes the possibility of a fire or small explosion.

One of my favorite things about the drone community is the large number of individuals and small companies who fill niches with innovative products. I'm happy to support those folks and have usually been very pleased with the value I got for my money, but it's one thing to stick a third-party ND filter on my Mavic and another to risk setting my house on fire. It may very well be an outstanding and safe accessory, but I'm not in a hurry to be one of the first people to find out.
2017-2-10
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I certainly wouldn't use it to charge the Batteries unattended but could be handy.
2017-2-10
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-10 05:52
That's true, and even aside from the warranty concerns I'm a little leery of buying third-party accessories when the risk includes the possibility of a fire or small explosion.

One of my favorite things about the drone community is the large number of individuals and small companies who fill niches with innovative products. I'm happy to support those folks and have usually been very pleased with the value I got for my money, but it's one thing to stick a third-party ND filter on my Mavic and another to risk setting my house on fire. It may very well be an outstanding and safe accessory, but I'm not in a hurry to be one of the first people to find out.

Even ND filters are risky, if they weigh a lot they could damage the gimbal.  Look at DJIs, thin little plastic things compared to the third party ones but I digress.

I personally don't see a need to charge 3 batteries at once, I wouldn't buy it even if DJI supported.  If Im out shooting I cant use this product anyway, only the car charger if I'm in my car and you rotate them round...
2017-2-10
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone from UK found a supplier for these ? (that's not located in China...).
2017-2-24
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

this same charger has been in use for Phantom batteries for a few years. Most experience no issues.
I have one for my mavic and have been using it for a few weeks with no issues. Remember, the actual charging/balancing aspect is built into the battery.
But if you never have a need to charge more than one at the same time, then it's pretty useless for you
2017-2-24
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

Or you could just use the new advanced charging hub. It pairs with the 100w p4 charger and can quick charge 4 at a time..

I have only needed to charge 2 at a time but will try all 4 soon, just to make sure.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans593fc987
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I finally received this item from the manufacturer.  As warned by an independent source, the manufacturer does not connect the ground pin on the power source to the box.  So it requires you to open the box, solder a short wire from the ground pin to a screw on the box.  .  Although I made the modification, this does concern me none the less and I'm starting to wonder if I should even trust this charger.
2017-3-1
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

I have one of these. I was worried about the charging not being as "smart" as the stock DJI charger. Maybe it doesn't balance the cells etc.... I did a little research and found the stock DJI charger and this are simply 13V power supplies. The circuit board in the battery does all the smart stuff like balancing the cells etc. Thus there is really no difference other than that this is basicly 3 DJI chargers in one.
2017-3-1
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-1 06:47
I have one of these. I was worried about the charging not being as "smart" as the stock DJI charger. Maybe it doesn't balance the cells etc.... I did a little research and found the stock DJI charger and this are simply 13V power supplies. The circuit board in the battery does all the smart stuff like balancing the cells etc. Thus there is really no difference other than that this is basicly 3 DJI chargers in one.

instead of the research, you could have just read post #8 above. :-)
2017-3-1
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-1 06:57
instead of the research, you could have just read post #8 above. :-)

Unfortunately I am not a time traveller.... Did all of that weeks ago ;)
2017-3-1
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Matman Posted at 2017-2-28 17:54
Or you could just use the new advanced charging hub. It pairs with the 100w p4 charger and can quick charge 4 at a time..

I have only needed to charge 2 at a time but will try all 4 soon, just to make sure.

The advanced charger is still a sequence charger and will only charge one battery at a time. The only benefit is it will charge faster if toy pair it with a P4 wall or car charger. The charger in this thread is a parallel charger and can charge 3 batteries at one time.
2017-3-1
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

My advanced charger is charging multiple batteries at the same time.. or at least it was yesterday. I almost took a video of the 2 batteries blinking at the same time.
Edit, yup, it's charged the first of three batteries fully and the remaining two are now charging at the same time. So two at a time is the limit it appears.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules