M600 removed from DJI menu
2250 27 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

Maybe something Interesting, the M600 has been removed from the Menu on the DJI Website, you can still find it on the All Products Page, but looks like DJI is taking it off the grid.
2017-2-10
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
That makes the M600 worth more money as its now an antique, and only a year old too.

ricci
2017-2-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

That's s good one
2017-2-10
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inspire 1 pro is also 'out of stock' which means the end of the X5??
2017-2-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

When they introduced a new mount for the x5s the older one may be phasing out slowly
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jesus. What is wrong with DJI - products are end of line in months!

What about all the people that spends $$$$$ and can't get spare parts etc.

Just expected to go and. It it all again

I can't keep up
2017-2-10
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

HI,
Maybe DJI assumed wrongly the people who buy drones have limitless funds, maybe the case for the toy versions but the more stable film platforms cost a pretty penny and I don't think we will just buy the latest toy because its there. Once again they underestimate the resourcefulness,  intelligence and creativeness of the users, after all if we did not dream up stuff the drone could do, they would be selling toys.
The good people of the forum maybe in a minority but minorities vote with their money too...
Just a suggestion DJI, if you address your loyal clients with news and your current thinking we will spread the positive, have you read your news feed, you talk at us not to us.

ricci

2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Store page was reconfigured, anything M600 related is located in the Industrial section:

http://store.dji.com/shop/industrial?from=menu_products

2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I agree

I can't find any M600 products on there site now, very strange

M100 is still on there

Surely they can't be pulling it!??

DJI? Any clarification please?
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I don't see it there Jamie?
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-10 14:14
Jesus. What is wrong with DJI - products are end of line in months!

What about all the people that spends $$$$$ and can't get spare parts etc.

The X5 and the X5R has been on the market for more than a year, it has had a prettly long run.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-10 14:50
I don't see it there Jamie?

This should be the link to the UK Store:

http://store.dji.com/category/matrice-600
Let me know if you still can't see it.
2017-2-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 15:57
This should be the link to the UK Store:

http://store.dji.com/category/matrice-600

You have posted links to the Store but that doesn't change that the M600 can no longer be found in the Menu of DJI page (not store).
On the Drop down menu you can now only find the: M600Pro, S1000+, M100.

It is understandable, because why would you keep the M600 for a long time if you have the M600Pro, it wouldn't make much sense to sell both, from your business stand point.

The decision, in the first place, to introduce the M600 Pro before fixing all problems,  alienated customers like me that are now looking into real Professional platforms that don't make empty promises like Guidance compatibility or F Ports(Still waiting for that function), and don't get me started on all the Firmware problems, that still persist, and lack of professional support, you offer consumer grade support for your, so called, Pro products.

So I'm never going to buy another, so called Professional DJI Drone, and I think many others won't to.
2017-2-11
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello P.R,
I see where you are coming from,  DJI make a great enthusiasts based craft and have only just seen the potential market for the professional which is why they have so many iterations of their craft, with constant upgrades as the users push the boundaries. They are a business, and businesses want to make money and that means marketing hype and confusing information so they can reel us in and fix the problems later, its one way to do it but I think they underestimate the caliber of people who fly.
The pro user is such a small market shareholder I can't see them making much money pandering to our causes so the few dedicated companies that do just pro filming platforms are hard to find and when you do are hard to afford however when you need reliability and professionalism with great backup the cost benefit is probably worth buying into. The good side of a large Chinese company is the longterm commitment they have and the design ethics, I help design an extreme tech product and only one a year and we have nearly 900 people just dedicated to that process so for DJI to produce the products they do is quite a task.
I shall stick with DJI for a while to see if they develop a better understanding of the pro user and learn to talk to us not at us with marketing wank!  DJI need to engage with pro users to help develop and refine the product, they need to see what we see and what type of people push the boundaries of the industry.  The forum is a great portal to see the talent who engage in flying and sharing,  DJI should use them as consultants. We vote with our hard earned money too as you mentioned, professionalism.

Ricci
2017-2-11
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

It must be just EU. I see all here in US
2017-2-11
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

US site: http://www.dji.com/products/industrial#solutions-nav
2017-2-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-12 03:16
US site: http://www.dji.com/products/industrial#solutions-nav

If you read my post you can clearly see that I mention the DJI Menu Bar and not the Site, and I even say that you can find it under "All Products".
2017-2-12
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-2-12 05:26
If you read my post you can clearly see that I mention the DJI Menu Bar and not the Site, and I even say that you can find it under "All Products".

Do we really need to have our chosen products in high prominence to justify our purchases? Not me.
2017-2-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-12 06:41
Do we really need to have our chosen products in high prominence to justify our purchases? Not me.

Well, nobody asked for your comment.
It's hard to understand the frustration some m600 owners have when you you own a M600P, and got a better value! Specially when the M600+Ronin Mx is still not working properly after 4 months.
2017-2-12
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

P.R Posted at 2017-2-11 01:46
You have posted links to the Store but that doesn't change that the M600 can no longer be found in the Menu of DJI page (not store).
On the Drop down menu you can now only find the: M600Pro, S1000+, M100.

Please point me to the " real Professional platform " - that you are going to buy.
2017-2-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Nilsblix Posted at 2017-2-12 13:06
Please point me to the " real Professional platform " - that you are going to buy.

I have the M600 for about 5 Months, 3 Months I had a barometer problem that was caused by a FW issue (was solved by the latest FW), and now the Ronin Mx Firmware (caused by the latest Ronin MX firmware) has 2 separate Problems ( for 2 Months now) do you think thats Professional?

I'm going to fly Free.... eight,  we are looking at a Swedish platform as well but that one is using the A2 flight controller so probably not going to be that one.

We have worked with those copters and they may have waaay a simpler app and not  such a nice integration as DJI offers, but at least they worked when we needed them and when it comes down to work, I don't want to be afraid something is not working all the time, and turn down jobs.

Now someone could argue that I should get 2 M600 and keep one as backup, but my Firmware problems weren't isolated problems that just I had, but very diffused.

My biggest Problem is the Support, I wasn't flying with a friend who is flying a Italian UAV, and his craft was unstable during one flight, it took the Support of his craft 4 hours to get back to him, explain what was wrong (thats an outstanding professional Service and it was Free), and I'm waiting 2 months to get the Start Stop on the ronin to get fixed and a Gimbal Motor Overload Error, and I was waiting 4 Months to get the Barometer Error with the A3 Pro fixed.

If the M600 would work then it would be a great product, then I wouldn't even need their support.

2017-2-12
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi P.R,
One thing I find strange about the progression of the M600 is how some have issues and others don't. I know we use them for different jobs but there seems to be no consistency to the issues.
Are people not talking about the issues because they don't know any better or are they afraid to ask questions of a product that is said to do so many things.
Lt and I have tackled the X5 rolling shutter with sucess and no offical help and only Dmitry has said I have an issue, so they only sold three X5 cameras on the M600 then! or we are the only three people who had issues with X5, X5R.
Forums are where you share common observations to see if you are nuts or its a real problem.
Maybe someone should start a subscription site where all the problems are talked about and cures found for the glitches they have that DJI are not interested in helping with because they moved on to the next thing, maybe there is no money to be made in fixing stuff they have superseded. No offence DJI but your record of communication and customer backup is not the best because of the range and scope of business I asume. I was apart of the beta team for the ground station and the experience was less than encouraging,  you did try at least but I came away with the thought, "was it worth it"? language is an issue agreed but comms were appalling, sorry to say!!! We are few but you sell a vehicle that is aimed at us so you should follow up and make it work for us, have someone dedicated to the M600 who if is not sure of the answer, can poke someone who is. This is aimed at the company not any individual because they are only as good as the backup they receive. The project to bring a reliable professional  film platform is almost there, so listen to the real pilots on the ground,  and find that last 5% with there help.
ricci
2017-2-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-12 15:48
Hi P.R,
One thing I find strange about the progression of the M600 is how some have issues and others don't. I know we use them for different jobs but there seems to be no consistency to the issues.
Are people not talking about the issues because they don't know any better or are they afraid to ask questions of a product that is said to do so many things.

I toght that to when i bought the m600 it looked like always the same people had issues, now I can only talk about my problems, and i only had software problems never hardware.
I was actually able to reproduce my problem with other crafts to, by using them in the same scenario, for example the barometer problem that has been solved with the he latest Fw (good job dji) was only a problem when the a3 pro was mounted and only above about 1000m elevation, we were able to reproduce this with any craft that had the a3 pro and above that elevation, so kany poeople dont use the a3 pro and many dont fly at higher elevations, they all have this problem but never saw it.

The ronin problem is known about and so far every one who is on the latest fw has this problem.

So those 2 are/were very diffused, some just dont know about it, some dont go to the forum and some just cope with it.

There are isolated problems as well of course, but I have no experience with those.
I do talk about problems on bhalf of others sometimes, when they ask me for help.

You mention how they talk to us and that indeed is very bad, they try to keep quiet about problems, instead of talking about the, and warning users.
I think every Pro drone manufacturer should be forced to release service bulletins when the know about a problem, if they dont they cant sell their product as professional.

These are no toys and pro mashines and should be treated as such from manufacturers, and not only put all their effort in advertising. They can do serious harm so why keep quiet on issues.

When DJI knows there is a problem with the bearings (by the way there really is, thats why there is a whining noise sometimes), they should send out a E-Mail to all M600 so they know whats going on, and not have us follow a facebook group to see if there is any problem to look out for, the group is geat but shouldnt be here to inform owners about possible problems.

So Idea for dji get a service bulletin system!
But then that would be bad marketing if they sent out such emails even if it makes flying much safer.
I guess aviation authorities should implement and enforce such a measure for Companies who sell professional UAVs.

Sry if I wrote a bit wrong or strage im on my ipad writing super quick ;)
2017-2-13
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Nilsblix Posted at 2017-2-12 13:06

Your response has been deleted by dji, i saw it quick and wanted to say thank you.

Just real quick, when u use the X5 the M600 is indeed very nice, but its a heavy lifter so should be nice with the mx to.
I know the video you mentioned, and i agree that that drone the m600 is compared to is a bad drone, i wouldnt get that one.
That said in those 2 videos are some errors for example about weather sealing, the M600 is not weather sealed where the othe one is, he got that mixed up, and the video doesnt talk about the ureliability of djis firmware.

We actually had to rent one of that other drone (a8) because the m600 failed to get enough points in the risk anlysis (is mandatory in Italy). Due to one fw problem.
Just one thing, if the M600 works and is equipped with the a3 pro we actually get a decent score for risk.

Maybe someone could build a uav that has a Eurocae standard, that would be some major jump in reliability.

Dji: i would even be fine if you offered a Professional service for a fee as long as things get fixed in just a few days, you should learn from canon and their CPS system.
2017-2-13
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

P.R Posted at 2017-2-13 00:56
Your response has been deleted by dji, i saw it quick and wanted to say thank you.

Just real quick, when u use the X5 the M600 is indeed very nice, but its a heavy lifter so should be nice with the mx to.

Hello P.R

What I want from this platform ( if you remember the introduction videos from DJ) - M600 was presented as a major video platform  - I hope/want DJI to release a solution to mount X5s and CineCore to the M600. That would make sense as M600 should of course carry DJI best camera system.

Yes I agree with you - most of the problems seen on this platform is combination setup MX/M600 - this is why I have never considered that route. But I also know that some very experienced builders such as Jon McBride have build a huge amount of M600 setups - and can not praise the platform enough.

I know how irritating it is to be answered like this : " my is flying like a dream "  - that does not help you at all. But I just wanted to express that the whole platform is not a failure - a lot of M600 users are very pleased.
Also I do not know if you are on DJI facebookgroup for Industrial soulutions - it is a lot of very experienced people there helping each other.

2017-2-13
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Nilsblix Posted at 2017-2-13 02:38
Hello P.R

What I want from this platform ( if you remember the introduction videos from DJ) - M600 was presented as a major video platform  - I hope/want DJI to release a solution to mount X5s and CineCore to the M600. That would make sense as M600 should of course carry DJI best camera system.

I know the group and I'm actually very active there, and just consider one thing, people who sell stuff are never going to say anything bad about it, that is normal and nothing wrong with that but just to keep in mind.

If the m600 would do what dji promised i would be more then happy with it, and probably would never even looked for this forum.

Knowing dji i think it will take a long time to see a X5s mount for the m600 but i hope im wrong, just look how long it takes them to release the f port functionality.
So i hope for the best but i dont trust dji doing much.

2017-2-13
Use props
DallasDrone
lvl.1
United States

It is hard to blame a company for being a leader and innovative, but I to have a very LARGE investment in DJI products and feel the same pain expressed here in this thread.   I HATE i paid 6k for a M-600 and in less than a month a M-600 pro was out.  Now I also have a Inspire 2 and my X5R camera will not fit so another 4K for a X5S and not I cant use my XT camera on the new Inspire 2... that is a great strategy if the goal is to alienate the best customers.    It would appear they simply don't care...
2017-2-15
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

The M600 hasn't been out for a year it was announced in May but was only available from August.
I have had endless problems with the Ronin MX and M600 package, and now with the latest firmware have more problems.
The major issue with the M600 from the start was the connection problem, I battled for 3 months with an error riddled machine.
The firmware that addressed this was released at the same time the M600 pro was released.
Its clear the M600 was a prototype, it's not there on DJI.COM.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules