Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dang! The camera doesn't tilt up!
830 8 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I was out flying on Wednesday afternoon, out along the Arizona Trail near Cienega Creek, when I looked up to see a formation of 4 P-51 Mustangs and 1 P-38 Lightning fly overhead on their way towards Tucson. One of the few times since I've had the Phantom that I've lamented the inability of aiming the camera up.

In you are in the Tucson area this weekend, it's the annual Heritage Flight Training/Certification weekend. On the way home from work yesterday, I was treated to the spectacle of 3 P-51 Mustangs flying in formation with an F-22. I'm fairly certain I spotted the two F-86 Sabres flying in late Wednesday as well, so I expect to see them in the air this weekend.

Yeah, I'm going to have the DSLR and 75-200 lens with me a LOT this weekend.
2017-2-10
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

You can get 30 degrees more upward but you have to release the camera to do so.
I'm not sure where you go in menu this but if you do.....the props  can be seen in certain  speeds   
2017-2-10
Use props
RSanJuan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2188 ft
United States

Go into the general settings (far upper right of the screen).  Then go to the gimbal settings (5th icon down - looks like a camera).  The go to advanced setting.  You'll then see an option for gimbal tilt limit, which is just an on/off setting that will allow for 30 degrees of upward movement.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RSanJuan hit the nail on the head.
2017-2-10
Use props
Hoomi
Second Officer
United States

30 degrees may not have been enough. Of course, when I can get shots like this with the DSLR camera from very close to home, I can't complain too much...

Tarheel Hal P-47D

Tarheel Hal P-47D
2017-2-11
Use props
Hoomi
Second Officer
United States

Or this one...

(It just occurred to me, these two photos paired make "Thunderbolt and Lightning...")

P-38.jpg
2017-2-11
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

Not sure what it may do but if you put a gopro on a pillar on top of your drone then angled it up then you may see the planes.
Don't crash!!

2017-2-19
Use props
jwt-873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

The metal body of a GoPro on top will knock out the GPS  (I've tried it )

Plus, with wide angle lenses, any aircraft you see will just be specks in the sky.....
2017-2-19
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

Oh never mind that idea. Hope you find a way to see the planes. Post any photos, I love nice looking planes.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules