Mavic Decal question
1675 10 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

Some of the decals look really nice and there is an option to customize on decal gorl website.  What is the best color to increase LOS also does putting decal reduce flight time by any chance?
2017-2-10
Use props
DT393
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

I bought the solid state neon green, but haven't put it on yet. you can create your own skin if you'd like.
2017-2-10
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you ever seen a Mavic with skins and in the same room seen people say how good it looks.  I haven't.  I think DJI got it spot on with the looks, they nailed it.
2017-2-10
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

Just in case you missed it, here's a prior post with pics provided by people who applied the skins (decals)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83659-1-1.html.  Raven7 has a very clear picture of the lime skin.

I picked up the one from iStyles which is the same place as decalgirl in rehoboth, delaware.  There are a lot of fiddly pieces so if you're detail oriented and take your time it can look really nice.  If you're like me, lacking patience and an attention span, it may not look as nice.  

I did apply part of it since I had my FAA registration on it.  I also numbered the batteries, though I haven't applied the battery decals yet.

2017-2-13
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-2-10 15:50
Have you ever seen a Mavic with skins and in the same room seen people say how good it looks.  I haven't.  I think DJI got it spot on with the looks, they nailed it.

I agree with this. Different strokes though. I "personally" wouldn't do it but I wouldn't dissuade anyone else from doing it if that's what they want. Just not "my" style. I think DJI hit a homerun with the way the Mavic looks out of the box.
2017-2-13
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2017-2-13 09:13
Just in case you missed it, here's a prior post with pics provided by people who applied the skins (decals)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83659-1-1.html.  Raven7 has a very clear picture of the lime skin.

There are some decal skins on amazon for $40 that I saw with carbon finish.  If anything else I think it can protect Mavic from minor nicks and scratches as well.  $40 seems bit expensive but $24 from Decal girl looks like they can definitely increase the LOS as well as type in FAA registration number.
2017-2-13
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

fansea692431 Posted at 2017-2-13 16:35
There are some decal skins on amazon for $40 that I saw with carbon finish.  If anything else I think it can protect Mavic from minor nicks and scratches as well.  $40 seems bit expensive but $24 from Decal girl looks like they can definitely increase the LOS as well as type in FAA registration number.

caveat emptor....  look close, it's a carbon fiber finish, ie it looks like carbon fiber.   It's not really carbon fibre so the protection is only as good as the material it's printed on, which is high end 3M PVC.  Go directly to the iCarbons site and check materials.  I'm not trashing iCarbons, in fact I like their version where on the skin they've got the Mavic Stripe and labeling on the side, whereas the skins I have a monochromatic unless I ordered otherwise.   Looks pretty nifty.  
  I personally bought the skin on for visibility's sake rather than protection.  Having parked my mavic in a tree at about 30 foot up, the stock gray was difficult to see.  If I hadn't watched it (with great horror) get stuck in the tree, it would have been difficult to find.  
  So, the whole amazon pricing with iCarbons; I'm guessing it's a little padded to compensate for prime members doing shipping and such.  Can't fault them for that.  One drawback is that they come with one extra battery skin and if you have a third battery, ie anyone who bought the ifly combo, you'll need to shell out for the third skin.  DecalGirl/iStyles came with 3 battery skins by default.  
2017-2-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use "wipe new" vinyl restorer as seen on TV stuff. Using a micro fiber cloth I rub this stuff all over the mavic and it makes it shine!! The mavic accually looks like the one DJI uses in there advertisements. Just be careful not to get any on camera or sensors.
2017-2-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2017-2-13 09:13

If you're like me, lacking patience and an attention span, it may not look as nice.  

You and me both brother.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-14
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77207-1-1.html
2017-2-14
Use props