PeteH.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199970 ft
United Kingdom

Just done the forced update
Test flight in cold weather Kent U.K.
Works fine
RTH works
map is not fantastic detail but good enough for overview . Its the phantom's job to capure the details !
(Have previously flown with downgraded app and firmware due to rth scare)
Glad i'm not a DJI programmer !
Thanks for sorting this DJI !

2017-2-11
Use props
Joe VP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35453 ft
United States

No for me.  Let the App update. Let the firmware update.  Calibrate IMU.  Calibrate Gimbal.  Calibrate Compass.  Tried 2 test flights.  
#1 take off and hover at 150'.  Fly east 400' signal weak, signal loss, Return To Home.  Stop RTH when it over head and has signal.  Fly south 350'.  signal weak, signal loss, Return To Home.  Stop RTH when it over head  land aircraft.
Reboot reconnect everything.
#2 Take off hover at 150'.  signal weak, signal weak, safe to fly.  Fly south 350'.  signal weak, signal loss, Return To Home.  Stop RTH when it over head  land aircraft.  Keep getting signal weak, signal loss even when landing.
2017-2-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

did you just update the app from store or did you uninstall it and installed from scratch??i had same problem as i just clicked update.and after a uninstall and downloaded the app the problem was gone
2017-2-11
Use props
PeteH.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Joe VP Posted at 2017-2-11 07:36
No for me.  Let the App update. Let the firmware update.  Calibrate IMU.  Calibrate Gimbal.  Calibrate Compass.  Tried 2 test flights.  
#1 take off and hover at 150'.  Fly east 400' signal weak, signal loss, Return To Home.  Stop RTH when it over head and has signal.  Fly south 350'.  signal weak, signal loss, Return To Home.  Stop RTH when it over head  land aircraft.
Reboot reconnect everything.

I dont allways read the small print on the screen as I dont like  take my eyes off it for more than a second !
....Flew 500ft away in damp weather with powercables nearby no issues reported in healthydrones .
I didn't calibrate !
2017-2-11
Use props
kent_chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34524 ft
United Kingdom

Where in Kent are you? I'm in Deal. Haven't braved the weather today. If there's a gap in the weather tomorrow I'll get out and give mine a test flight.
2017-2-11
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

While I share the "WTF" attitude concerning this update, I have experienced no issues thus far with this update. I was forced off of 2.8.1 and I did NOT do the firmware update, nor will I install it. I find it all pretty irritating actually....

I hope everyone has success with their update.... Keep Flying!
2017-2-11
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

JustGoThere Posted at 2017-2-11 08:14
While I share the "WTF" attitude concerning this update, I have experienced no issues thus far with this update. I was forced off of 2.8.1 and I did NOT do the firmware update, nor will I install it. I find it all pretty irritating actually....

I hope everyone has success with their update.... Keep Flying!

You won't update the firmware until DJI makes it mandatory to fly.  They can do it! and probably will.
2017-2-11
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

Palladous Posted at 2017-2-11 08:30
You won't update the firmware until DJI makes it mandatory to fly.  They can do it! and probably will.

I had considered that possibility, and perhaps that will be the proverbial "last straw" for any further purchases.. just have to wait and see... Thanks!
2017-2-11
Use props
PeteH.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-2-11 07:53
did you just update the app from store or did you uninstall it and installed from scratch??i had same problem as i just clicked update.and after a uninstall and downloaded the app the problem was gone

I Updated from play store .
2017-2-11
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Tried 3.1.4 a bit ago. No issues for me flew out to my max los and back. Fine for my needs hate Here maps but it's a meh anyway. No reset of RTH. Accurate location on the map during the entire flight. Still on firmware 1.7.90 until forced to change or until my Q500 get's here then it's bye DJI.
2017-2-11
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-2-11 10:17
Tried 3.1.4 a bit ago. No issues for me flew out to my max los and back. Fine for my needs hate Here maps but it's a meh anyway. No reset of RTH. Accurate location on the map during the entire flight. Still on firmware 1.7.90 until forced to change or until my Q500 get's here then it's bye DJI.

After you have had some time with the Q500 give us a comparison
2017-2-11
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Version 3.1.3 Android, worked 100% today. Completely satisfied, even with Here maps.
2017-2-11
Use props
Thermographer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Yep, just took mine for a short flight, worked as expected.  Need a faster phone though...
2017-2-11
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-11 13:53
Version 3.1.3 Android, worked 100% today. Completely satisfied, even with Here maps.

William, you are an experienced pilot, you can give more information about how the flight went?
And I mean, Lost Signal, strange behavior, etc, etc.
And how far and high you fly with 3.1.3?
Have you used RTH?
Some stuff like that.

Thank you very much in advance.

JpNL
2017-2-11
Use props
fans752985e0
lvl.1

United States

Had a forced update in order to fly on Android a couple of hours ago. Went okay so for. I had been resisting updating due to RTH issues. But it was update or no flt.
2017-2-11
Use props
Gracieboxer
New

United States

Ordered my first Phantom yesterday. I watched a YouTube demo/review and it said there is a flight simulator in the DJIGO app...I can't find one
2017-2-11
Use props
Gracieboxer
New

United States

Ok my bad...I deleted the app then reloaded it. I now see the flight simulator.
2017-2-11
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

3.1.3 Andoid, clean install, am using 1.7.9 FW

The only issue I have noticed is:  When Here Maps is cached via home wifi, the map will not show on my wifi-only tablet after switching back to the remote's wifi.
Previous app versions always displayed cached maps so my mobile is not to blame.
2017-2-11
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-11 11:44
After you have had some time with the Q500 give us a comparison

Should be here sometime next week I'll give it a good shakedown and report back.
2017-2-11
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249590 ft
United States

Flew tonight after the forced update.  Worked ok.  Seems like the location issue was resolved but i got choppy video feed for the fist time since i've had my P3S.  I know its not my phone cause i'm running the Galaxy S7.  Must be that crappy app.  Just let me keep my 2.9.1 DJI and you'll never hear another complaint from me.
2017-2-11
Use props
Wknight751
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540745 ft
United States

Completed the forced go app. Flew 6 flights today and went out to 750 feet at 300 feet alt. No RTH messages or lost signal issues. I have choppy video and serious lag when I rotate. I still have message to update firmware to the latest. I was using go app 2.9 on Samsung Galaxy 4S with fw 1.5.7 and wasn't having any problems. I don't get the fw version on go app so I assume it is still using 1.5.7.
2017-2-11
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

JpNL Posted at 2017-2-11 14:46
William, you are an experienced pilot, you can give more information about how the flight went?
And I mean, Lost Signal, strange behavior, etc, etc.
And how far and high you fly with 3.1.3?

Okay some details. No strange behavior, everything was very normal. Took it up to about 100 meters and flew it out to my normal range that I do routinely. I've learned not to document my ranges in numbers any longer on this DJI forum, because there's too many jerks (trolls) on here that preach the FAA gospel. I'll just say, I could have topped my max distance today if I wanted to, but didn't because of battery % getting low. As for RTH, I didn't lose signal so that part didn't get tested, but it seemed the RC GPS location was shot on.
2017-2-11
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-11 21:17
Okay some details. No strange behavior, everything was very normal. Took it up to about 100 meters and flew it out to my normal range that I do routinely. I've learned not to document my ranges in numbers any longer on this DJI forum, because there's too many jerks (trolls) on here that preach the FAA gospel. I'll just say, I could have topped my max distance today if I wanted to, but didn't because of battery % getting low. As for RTH, I didn't lose signal so that part didn't get tested, but it seemed the RC GPS location was shot on.

Thanks for reply, I give it a chance.(but i still love the 2.9.1 version)
2017-2-12
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Finally I was able to test the 3.1.3 DJJ-GO app.
Lots of rain and wind lately.

Fly today:
P3S Stock CE mode
firmware 1.7.9
App 3.1.3 (forced)
No Warnings, fly very constable and RTH worked well.
No strange warnings, or signall loose.
range 700+
So far so good.

Follow me worked perfect.Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo.

Regards, JpNL
2017-3-4
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I haven't made ANY mods. This is only my 4th flight. I am using an iphone 6 plus with the latest firmware and app version 3.1.5. I'm in central MN and flew today with the temperature around 40 and WINDY. I got out to 8438 feet and came almost all the way back and then went 5230 feet in another direction before coming home with RTH. I had good video but i did get several "Strong interference" warnings. I averaged around 350 feet up and landed with 18% battery. There were times it wouldn't go over 11 mph because of the wind! I couldn't be happier with the performance. I make sure to have everything charged and set before hand etc.
2017-3-4
Use props
steins
New

Canada

DJI app is also working fine on my side. Thanks for DJI team. I just love the app.
2017-8-1
Use props
Nige
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30377 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated to 3.1.8 and the video is very choppy and it take a few minutes to show all the details such as map controls etc,no very impressed.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules