2017-2-11
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Jamcam Posted at 2017-2-11 22:26
great shooting. Where exactly is this?

South coast of the UK, a little east of Weymouth.

The Jurassic coast is a UNESCO world heritage site with rocks dating from throughout the era of the dinosaurs and where dinosaurs were first studied and where the beaches are covered in fossils of many types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Coast
http://jurassiccoast.org/about/

Looking forward to some more videos...
2017-2-12
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

That's right Nigel. I just jumped in the car yesterday and headed out to the coast. It was a bitter day but beautiful with only a couple of people about. I love flying without onlooking eyes. This is a fairly deserted area called Ringstead just East of Durdle Door, which is where I'll be heading next to join up my coastle tour. My apologies for quality and editing; I don't have a computer at the moment so this is just the live feed crudely edited on my trusty iPhone. The originals are all on the SD card in 4K for when I get a computer!
2017-2-12
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2

* correction - west of Durdle Door, east of Osmington Mills. As Nigel says, Weymouth is the nearest place of substantial population.  
2017-2-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I think you need to get up at sunrise in summer if you are going to fly through Durdle Door, otherwise the chance of having nobody within 50m is about zero!

Be careful with helicopters along that coast, not unusual for the Air Sea Rescue to pass beneath your 0ft.  Also make sure you have good visibility in both directions, a few months ago I had a Royal Navy Merlin (troop carrier) pass about 60m directly above me with only 5 seconds audible warning and 2 seconds visual, not a problem because the Phantom was at my feet but a reminder to only fly out in the open where you can see what is coming in all directions, including aircraft designed not to be heard!  
2017-2-12
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2

Flying through the Door? I've been flying rc for years but not sure I'm ready to fly £1k through the Door just yet. I try to keep informed of all notices, but as you know they're not always broadcast. I'll keep my eyes peeled. It could be an all nighter if I'm to see sunrise!
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules