Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic RC not connecting to mobile device
12Next >
39770 48 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everyone

I have had my mavic for just under a month, I have flown it loads about 40 flights in total and everything has been amazing, I love it. But yesterday I went out to the local park to fly, I connected my phone to the RC and everthing was working perfectly, I took off and was hovering at about 20m and i was looking at the screen and suddenly it said "disconnected" at the top, I assumed this was a signal problem so i landed the mavic and restarted everything and tried again but now when I power on my RC and plug my phone in it doesnt connect to the phone, I have tried with multiple phones and it still does not connect, the phones does not aknowlege that it is connected to the controller. I then tried to connect the phones to the USB at the bottom of the RC and still did not connect, the app acts as if there is nothing connected. This must mean there is something wrong with the RC, I then tried to downgrade the software on the RC but it does not connect to the PC, the Mavic connects fine and i tried downgrading that software with no prevail, the RC still charges as normal but seems like there is no data transfer through both micro USB and USB ports on the RC.

If anyone knows what the problem might be please help, Thank you

Blake
2017-2-11
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Aye was thinking cable here. But both ports? It sounds hardware failure to me. Charge it up and connect to the assistant, try both ports. Else it's probably warranty.

Might try using other cables too, eliminate as much as possible.
2017-2-11
Use props
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-11 14:29
Aye was thinking cable here. But both ports? It sounds hardware failure to me. Charge it up and connect to the assistant, try both ports. Else it's probably warranty.

Might try using other cables too, eliminate as much as possible.

Im currently charging it up now, i will try again with 100% battery but ive tried multiple cables with multiple phones/ipads and still nothing i will keep trying till i can contact DJI on monday.

Thanks for the reply
2017-2-11
Use props
swk
lvl.1
United States

BlakeMax Posted at 2017-2-11 14:54
Im currently charging it up now, i will try again with 100% battery but ive tried multiple cables with multiple phones/ipads and still nothing  i will keep trying till i can contact DJI on monday.

Thanks for the reply

If you are using the USB on the bottom of the rc make sure that the cable on the side is unplugged from the rc
2017-2-11
Use props
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

swk Posted at 2017-2-11 15:16
If you are using the USB on the bottom of the rc make sure that the cable on the side is unplugged from the rc

yeah I did do that. both ports are still dud
2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BlakeMax Posted at 2017-2-11 15:35
yeah I did do that. both ports are still dud

Did you try to link the remote to the AC? Did you delete and reinstall the GO APP?

With mine sometimes, the RC and the AC connect but the app won't display the GO TO FLY. I had to shut the AC, then shut the RC then restart the RC and the AC and then turn on the phone and GO 4 APP and then it connect. Sometimes I had to do it several time.
2017-2-11
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19006 ft
Germany

I have exactly the same problem. Had my Mavic for one day. Everything worked perfectly. After the first few flights the RC won't connect anymore. It is stuck showing "Connecting...". It doesn't connect to Assistant on Macbook. It doesn't connect to IPhone via USB. I have no way to reset it it seems. HELP!
2017-2-12
Use props
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-2-11 20:44
Did you try to link the remote to the AC? Did you delete and reinstall the GO APP?

With mine sometimes, the RC and the AC connect but the app won't display the GO TO FLY. I had to shut the AC, then shut the RC then restart the RC and the AC and then turn on the phone and GO 4 APP and then it connect. Sometimes I had to do it several time.

The RC links to the AC perfectly, i have uninstalled DJI go 4 app multiple times on IOS and android and still no connection, even tried the lichi app and still no connection. Im pretty sure it is a problem with the actual RC software or hardware, but i cannot upgrade/downgrade the RC as it does not connect to Assistant 2 software.
2017-2-12
Use props
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-12 02:01
I have exactly the same problem. Had my Mavic for one day. Everything worked perfectly. After the first few flights the RC won't connect anymore. It is stuck showing "Connecting...". It doesn't connect to Assistant on Macbook. It doesn't connect to IPhone via USB. I have no way to reset it it seems. HELP!

Yip i feel your pain. We have the exact problem, very odd. I will contact DJI on Monday but i doubt they will have a reasonable solution..
2017-2-12
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This sounds like what i am experiencing right now..

No connection to my iPhone 6SPlus via either port. was working fine until the last app update..

Except that I can connect perfectly fine on my iPad Pro..
2017-2-12
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

Droney McDronef Posted at 2017-2-12 20:36
This sounds like what i am experiencing right now..

No connection to my iPhone 6SPlus via either port. was working fine until the last app update..

i have an iphone 7plus... which firmware do you have? i attempted to downgrade firmware but issue seems to persist.

this is a wild theory but could it be related to battery life on remote/phone? i started with 100% but the issue kept on reocurring when battery hit 75% (and phone went below 40%)
2017-2-13
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-13 02:53
i have an iphone 7plus... which firmware do you have? i attempted to downgrade firmware but issue seems to persist.

this is a wild theory but could it be related to battery life on remote/phone? i started with 100% but the issue kept on reocurring when battery hit 75% (and phone went below 40%)

I started with latest firmware on all components and then tried downgrading Mavic AC and RC. No joy on the older firmware either.

I had also wondered if it might be battery related but hadn't thought to try at a full charge yet. will give it a shot and see if you're on to something.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

Droney McDronef Posted at 2017-2-13 03:16
I started with latest firmware on all components and then tried downgrading Mavic AC and RC. No joy on the older firmware either.

I had also wondered if it might be battery related but hadn't thought to try at a full charge yet. will give it a shot and see if you're on to something.

current status: iphone is charged at 80%, ipad charged t 100%, RC charged at 100%, Mavic charged at 100%. still not connecting
2017-2-13
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

spoke to support via chat which wasnt that useful, however i found out a combination to reset the controller:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
2017-2-13
Use props
BlakeMax
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-13 10:14
spoke to support via chat which wasnt that useful, however i found out a combination to reset the controller:

yeah i was told the same thing but this seems to do nothing, does anything come uo on the display saying 'resetting' or something because it just seems like the RC turns off and on normally and does not seem like it has been reset. it links up to the AC without linking them back together.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

BlakeMax Posted at 2017-2-13 10:20
yeah i was told the same thing but this seems to do nothing, does anything come uo on the display saying 'resetting' or something because it just seems like the RC turns off and on normally and does not seem like it has been reset. it links up to the AC without linking them back together.

nothing comes up on the display. i tried holding down the buttons and also pressed them only once. very difficult to tell if anything actually happens... the funny thing is that my remote manages to connect OCCASIONALLY (1 out of 20 attempts).... very unhappy at the moment. i want a new remote and not send the damn thing in and wait for ages
2017-2-13
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-13 11:24
nothing comes up on the display. i tried holding down the buttons and also pressed them only once. very difficult to tell if anything actually happens... the funny thing is that my remote manages to connect OCCASIONALLY (1 out of 20 attempts).... very unhappy at the moment. i want a new remote and not send the damn thing in and wait for ages

Tried the reset buttons as suggested and no effect.

Also tried to do a 'restore factory defaults' in DJI assistant2.. That fails every time.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

Droney McDronef Posted at 2017-2-13 15:08
Tried the reset buttons as suggested and no effect.

Also tried to do a 'restore factory defaults' in DJI assistant2.. That fails every time.

Computer based assistant ? New firmware upgrade didn't help either
2017-2-14
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20108 ft
Canada

FOUND SOLUTION... it worked for me in under 30 seconds.
2017-2-14
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20108 ft
Canada

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-14 12:56

it seems for some reason the aircraft just un-linked itself from the RC, so all what u need to do is to link it back.
refer to user manual page 36 to so that,
here is the user manual link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.2.pdf

i went to my RC, put it on, linked my iphone, turned on mavic, showed disconnected aircraft,
hit the 3 dots menu on the top right corner, go to remote control, scroll down all the way, and hit linking remote control, u hear a beep and u have some 45 seconds to go to ur aircraft,
open the side where u have ur sd card, and hit the small tiny button once...
this is it, worked perfectly.

let me know guys what u think...
2017-2-14
Use props
RU-X
Flight distance : 2595 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. My RC connects to the aircraft, the but phone or any mobile device doesn't connect to the RC. This is the 3rd unit I've gotten back from DJI. Where is the quality control when units leave the service facility!? I'm beyond upset with DJI and just want my money back at this point.

I've flown my Mavic for maybe 30min...spent 3 month sending it back and forth. I hope they make an exception for me and let me return it.
2017-2-14
Use props
zaphforty7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Relinking only worked temporarily or not at all....
2017-2-14
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-14 13:04

it seems for some reason the aircraft just un-linked itself from the RC, so all what u need to do is to link it back.

IT IS NOT THE SOLUTION. We have tried his obviously. RC doesn't connect to mobile device so you can't link the way you described. Read thread properly.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

RU-X Posted at 2017-2-14 14:24
I'm having the same issue. My RC connects to the aircraft, the but phone or any mobile device doesn't connect to the RC. This is the 3rd unit I've gotten back from DJI. Where is the quality control when units leave the service facility!? I'm beyond upset with DJI and just want my money back at this point.

I've flown my Mavic for maybe 30min...spent 3 month sending it back and forth. I hope they make an exception for me and let me return it.

I feel the same. The after sales service isn't satisfying and takes ages. I won't wait for a replacement for weeks when my drone is faulty after 1 day. I ordered a new drone and will make use of the return policy
2017-2-15
Use props
RU-X
United States

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-15 09:07
I feel the same. The after sales service isn't satisfying and takes ages. I won't wait for a replacement for weeks when my drone is faulty after 1 day. I ordered a new drone and will make use of the return policy

Yeah, but I was past the 7day return period. Everything was working great for me till the main board went bad. DJI replaced it but only to give me a new bad unit...then that was sent back and returned again a bad unit. I feel so bullied and jerked around.

I paid so much for this thing and now I'm the asshole.
2017-2-15
Use props
zaphforty7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

zaphforty7 Posted at 2017-2-14 15:01
Relinking only worked temporarily or not at all....

Just got my repair report back from DJI. They're replacing the whole aircraft. They didn't say what the issue was though. Luckily it was fully covered (+$1000).
2017-2-16
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

zaphforty7 Posted at 2017-2-16 16:57
Just got my repair report back from DJI. They're replacing the whole aircraft. They didn't say what the issue was though. Luckily it was fully covered (+$1000).

i ordered a new mavic and will return the faulty one
2017-2-18
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the exact same issue.  DJI you know this is an issue.  You need to either fix this or Overnight us new remotes.

DJI this is unacceptable.  Do the right thing and take care of your customers.  Find a solution or Overnight us new remote controls.  

This is YOUR FAULT DJI!.  Don't make us spend countless hours trying to solve this issue, figure it out on your end and send us new Remotes.  Don't make us suffer.  Do the right thing!!!
2017-2-19
Use props
RU-X
United States

mppro Posted at 2017-2-19 00:40
I'm having the exact same issue.  DJI you know this is an issue.  You need to either fix this or Overnight us new remotes.

DJI this is unacceptable.  Do the right thing and take care of your customers.  Find a solution or Overnight us new remote controls.  

just sent mine in again...3months.... 3 months of back and forth! -____-
2017-2-20
Use props
fans4e0c4afb
New
Hungary

Ericosaurus Posted at 2017-2-15 09:07

Hi, I have the same issue and I already wrote to the support, but still no answer...
How much time was it for you to contact with the DJI, send it back and have a refund?
2017-2-20
Use props
Ericosaurus
lvl.1
Germany

fans4e0c4afb Posted at 2017-2-20 23:36
Hi, I have the same issue and I already wrote to the support, but still no answer...
How much time was it for you to contact with the DJI, send it back and have a refund?

pretty much the support was utterly useless. they havent managed to scheduled a refund, however since the drone was less than a week old I reordered a new one and sent the faulty one back. now they want me to pay for the return-shipping costs for their faulty product. incredible. 18 EUR EU shipping for their fault. cant believe it. i will make a huge hazzle with the hotline etc. until they refund me those 18 EUR
2017-2-24
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
New

United Kingdom

Is this the same issue that is happening on this thread. I recently updated my remote to latest version of the firmware however it failed and now the remote wont connect to anything, my phone, DJI assistant or the aircraft.  
2017-2-26
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
New

United Kingdom

fansa04cbf4f Posted at 2017-2-26 15:17
Is this the same issue that is happening on this thread. I recently updated my remote to latest version of the firmware however it failed and now the remote wont connect to anything, my phone, DJI assistant or the aircraft.

I am rather upset as my mavic is only a few days old (21st of February) and it was working fine until the update...
2017-2-26
Use props
bskarpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381089 ft
United States

I'm having the same issues right now. This is my second unit and it already behaves worse than the first one. This one gets super super hot and eats thru batteries in a matter of mins (15 mins or less) The camera is constantly out of focus and now it's not connecting to the app. It will link RC to AC but shows disconnected. Was y'all ever able to find a cure??
2017-7-17
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I had the same issue, phone wouldn't connect through the GO 4 app. i tried different phones and tablets. In the end mine was a simple fix. The forum log in and the app log in using my e-mail address had to be the same. In other words, all your different phones and tablets have to have the same log in and email that you use on the drone (app) and the forum. This is what solved my disconnect issues.

Good luck
2017-7-17
Use props
tpuerzer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A Solution!

Just my luck… I was on vacation in Iceland and my iPhone would not connect to the hand controller.

DJI GO 4 app displayed “Aircraft Disconnected” in red.

Tried everything... updated the software, new lightning cable, etc. Searched DJI support forums, Google, etc. Even purchased the Litchi app.

NOTHING anyone suggested worked.  

Figured I would have to connect to the drone via WIFI and use touch-screen virtual thumb-sticks to control it.

Turns out there is a DJI store in Reykjavik.

Went there first-thing in the morning and showed the guy behind the counter the problem. He pauses for about half a second, then reaches down and grabs a paperclip. Straightens one end and proceeded to dig out about ten pounds of pocket lint from the lightning connector on my iPhone.

Plug in the lightning cable to the controller… and it works instantly.

Saved my trip!
2017-10-26
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-14 13:04

I have tried multiple things but you are the first person that I have heard do this and it makes complete sense, thank you I will be trying this as soon as I get home
2017-10-26
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32772 ft
Brazil

Hey folks

I got this problem after update my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 11.1.

First it started to hang/crash when start to record videos ... (since last Sunday 11/5) ... and today (11/12) it stopped to recognize iPhone X RC connection on DJI Go.

After get the head in pain, frustration and furious, I started to investigate what happened and my conclusion was:

A) update firmware using DJI Go is a crap - don’t do this!

B) iOS 11.1 really doesn’t work with DJI Go.

So I started a try/fail session to test several situations and finally I got a good result with this:

Hey folks

Update about my case:

Todas o got a new issue on my iPhone 6 Plus ... it stopped to be detected by DJI Go.

Then I start to test several situations and here is my fix:

1. Updated to iOS 11.1.1
2. Drop DJI Go
3. Install DJI Go again
(It doesn’t worked
2017-11-12
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Brazil

(Continuing)

4. Downgraded firmware version for Mavic and RC through Assistant
5. Power cycle
(It doesn’t worked again
2017-11-12
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Brazil

Hey folks

I got this problem after update my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 11.1.

First it started to hang/crash when start to record videos ... (since last Sunday 11/5) ... and today (11/12) it stopped to recognize iPhone X RC connection on DJI Go.

After get the head in pain, frustration and furious, I started to investigate what happened and my conclusion was:

A) update firmware using DJI Go is a crap - don’t do this!

B) iOS 11.1 really doesn’t work with DJI Go.

So I started a try/fail session to test several situations and finally I got a good result with this:

Hey folks

Update about my case:

Todas o got a new issue on my iPhone 6 Plus ... it stopped to be detected by DJI Go.

Then I start to test several situations and here is my fix:

1. Updated to iOS 11.1.1
2. Drop DJI Go
3. Install DJI Go again
(It doesn’t worked)
4. Downgraded firmware version for Mavic and RC through Assistant
5. Power cycle
(It doesn’t worked again)
6. Turned off Rc and Mavic
7. Upgrades firmware on Mavic and RC using Assistant
8. Worked
2017-11-12