Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X3 camera not centering, looking to the right
3428 5 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cdizzle
New

United States

I have a inspire 1 v2 the x3 camera wont center in fpv mode, it looks a good 5-7 degrees to the right. I did a imu and gimbal calibration, i havnt done any firmware updates. I dont understand why the gimbal yaw isnt adjustable in the gimbal settings, the roll is adjustable though. Overall im willing to take the x3 apart if its fixable, ive worked on feiyu gimbals and its pretty simple. Any advice would be great i just dont wanna have to send this thing back and wait forever.

2017-2-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the yaw motor of the gimbal there is a nut which is made of an alnico magnet that sets the center point.
You could try removing the cover and rotating it by the number of degrees in the direction that would correct it.
Might take a few tries as it will be very delicate. I would mark it first with a fine point sharpie to record the starting point.

Good luck.
2017-2-11
Use props
Cdizzle
New

United States

Thanks for the fast response, do you know what the nut looks like and have you done it before?
2017-2-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-55726-1-1.html
Jump down to post #8 and read from there.
This is a picture of the nut in an X5 gimbal. The same nut is used in the X3 and the assembly looks much the same with the cover off.

X5 centering nut

X5 centering nut

Indexed nut

Indexed nut
2017-2-11
Use props
Cdizzle
New

United States

Thanks a ton, im gonna pull it apart. Ill take some photos and if i fix it which i feel confident about, ill post up the results. Thanks again.
2017-2-11
Use props
Linuxglobal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380121 ft
Canada

Very poor advice here, please do not adjust those marks on your own. You can cause the entire camera to be out of alignment and go crazy.
All of the magnets have to be in perfect sync.

If you do adjust it very slightly it may work, but in my experience if you hve not done this before you are more likely to cause more damage.

Also be sure to add blue loctite to the nuts after you are done or the nut will lose adjustment.

Side note: My x5 fired up off center but then calibrated after a few flights to now be poitning straight.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules