Change the Phantom 4 Camera by the P4P one ?
2272 7 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dgeco Phantom 4
New
Flight distance : 13576 ft
France

Hi,

Do you think it will be possible to upgrade the Phantome 4 with the Phantom 4 pro camera ?

Also, there are rumors that, soon, the phantom 4 will benefit of the software functions (progamms) of  the mavic pro and phantom 4 pr. Is it true ?
2017-2-12
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

part 1 is : not possible to mount the P4P camera to the P4 aircraft

part two is true: they will incorporate some of the software functions between the three aircraft but not all of the benefits. hope this helps.
2017-2-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i dont see why this wont be possible: same mount, same everything, with the benefit of better optics and image quality (100Mbs transfer rate instead of 60Mbs). would be interesting to hear why that's not possible.
[sry guys, theres a mate i need to address]
cmon beegee, be a sensible joker now and let someone else take care of my post. you can do it mate!

2017-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-12 17:06
i dont see why this wont be possible: same mount, same everything, with the benefit of better optics and image quality (100Mbs transfer rate instead of 60Mbs). would be interesting to hear why that's not possible.

Because it requires a lot more than tjust changing the camera, you need to change all the video processing boards inside the drone, plus the normal main board does not have the capability of controlling the additional functions.
2017-2-12
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

One function the P4 Pro lens has that the P4 doesn't  is a a variable aperture (f2.8 to f11)..  There are no means to control a variable aperture lens on the P4 which was designed for a fixed aperture lens.
2017-2-12
Use props
fansbbdaffd8
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-12 17:13
Because it requires a lot more than tjust changing the camera, you need to change all the video processing boards inside the drone, plus the normal main board does not have the capability of controlling the additional functions.

Thank you for all of your knowledgeable in sight so if my phantom for pro camera was damaged in transport and I wanted to have video feed on the drone would it be possible to switch out an older phantom four I never use Camera and gamble with that of my phantom for pro damaged one I'm sure one of the drawings would more than likely not work at all with video but when I have a salvaged  Phantom 4 Pro with basic vision ability ?
2017-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansbbdaffd8 Posted at 2017-7-4 12:06
Thank you for all of your knowledgeable in sight so if my phantom for pro camera was damaged in transport and I wanted to have video feed on the drone would it be possible to switch out an older phantom four I never use Camera and gamble with that of my phantom for pro damaged one I'm sure one of the drawings would more than likely not work at all with video but when I have a salvaged  Phantom 4 Pro with basic vision ability ?

Sorry, but I can't make sense of that long, unpunctuated sentence.
2017-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansbbdaffd8 Posted at 2017-7-4 12:06

No .. the cameras are not compatible.
You need a P4 pro camera for a P4 pro
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules