Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet recommendations for the DJI GO App 4
17001 12 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dixon Vella
lvl.1

Malta

Hi Phantom guys,

I'm very interested in buying the phantom 4 pro but unfortunately i don't have the necessary device to work it properly, so i was wondering to buy a tablet. The reason behind this is that i prefer spending some money into a tablet that might be useful rather than just a screen for the dji app only.

My two tablets that i have in mind are the Samsung Galaxy tab E and the Samsung Tab A 7 inch, but beforehand i would like to get some feedback from some people who already used these two tablets.

Thanks,
Dixon Vella

2017-2-12
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i would say very min would be 2gb ram and and a quadcore processor for Android.
2017-2-12
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
United States

i would give a no on the tab e or a. due to the 1.5 gb ram I have a Galaxy Tab S 10.1 but has 1.5gb ram.  it runs but I don't really use it I use my Galaxy S7 and it has 4 gigs of RAM.

There's a possibility of lockups or shutdowns if there's not enough RAM
2017-2-12
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
United States

now dji site shows it would be ok. https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2017-2-12
Use props
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

I have the mini ipad 2.It works great with the phantom 3 pro the 4 pro and the mavic did not have any issues.
2017-2-22
Use props
SupraLB
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

I think you would be wasting your money with those other tablets.   Get the Samsung Tab S2.  Nothing really compares.  I have the 9.7 version and with Verizon, so I can use my data when not at home near wifi.

This thing is so super thin and light, you will take it everywhere.  Plus the screen is super bright and sharp.   

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/tab-s2-features-and-specs/
2017-2-22
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

You can get a used IPad mini 2 for 150.00, sometime cheaper.  My IPad mini 2 works perfect.  If you are looking at a new device I would get the IPad mini 4.
2017-2-22
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.3
United States

If you want to stick with Android go with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, it's got 4GB RAM which is plenty for the app, plus you'll be used to Samsung devices so will be an easy transition. If you don't want another android you could go for the iPad mini 4 which is definitely good enough and seems to be one of the most popular choices. Of if you wan't to go cheaper you could get the mini 2 or 3, there isn't really much difference between them two. You can always check out this comparison table of the best dji go compatible tablets, it may be of some use to you.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans4cbdf079
lvl.3
United States

There is some video lag and breakup in the DJI Go app. Some app crashing. But may be able to improve with system and app tweaks. Nice bright screen.
2017-12-11
Use props
djiuser_7fvqi1C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

SupraLB Posted at 2017-2-22 07:40
I think you would be wasting your money with those other tablets.   Get the Samsung Tab S2.  Nothing really compares.  I have the 9.7 version and with Verizon, so I can use my data when not at home near wifi.

This thing is so super thin and light, you will take it everywhere.  Plus the screen is super bright and sharp.   

I just bought the Samsung Tab 2 and when i try to connect a pop up keeps flashing on the screen and i can't connect to the mavic pro
2018-1-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the Tab S2, it was buggy on Android 7 but 100% fine on Android 6, only just got it so im still testing

djiuser_7fvqi1C the nature of the popup with be a great help, what does it say?
2018-1-9
Use props
Phantom 4 Carla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2057 ft
United States

After upgrading to dji go 4 none of our tablets that we used for 18 months will work..mini 2 no..tab e no..can use my phone th o u
2018-2-24
Use props
Phantom 4 Carla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2057 ft
United States

Very big difference in tablets that will work with dji go and dji go 4
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules