Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI SUPPORT REPAIR COST TOO HIGH
34269 79 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tricky2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2058832 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-11 08:35
Think that would be covered warranty. It just stopped working?

yep.  but outside one year...not sure they warranty anything beyond one year...
2017-4-11
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-16
Use props
fans2a15ec1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16381 ft
United States

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-2-13 12:40
Interestingly there are load of spares available on Ebay.............................arms, bodyshells etc

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
That solved my problem of how to repair my "Mavic Front Landing Gear Leg Antenna Cover" without sending the whole thing to China! (and possibly dealing with the customer service talked about above)
And for only $19 USA, with free shipping!
2017-5-22
Use props
fans438bb7eb
New
Sudan

It happened the same to me. My P4 crashed and only the body was damaged. Sent to DJI to fix it and have received a quotation for replacement the entire drone for water damages. The drone has never been in contact with water and was flying perfectly after the crash. Asked to reasses the damage but nothing. How long will it take to replace the body of a P4?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans438bb7eb Posted at 2017-8-10 00:17
It happened the same to me. My P4 crashed and only the body was damaged. Sent to DJI to fix it and have received a quotation for replacement the entire drone for water damages. The drone has never been in contact with water and was flying perfectly after the crash. Asked to reasses the damage but nothing. How long will it take to replace the body of a P4?

Local repair team will replace the aircraft if it is unrepaired. Please leave me with the case number, I will help to check the status for you, thanks.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans438bb7eb
New
Sudan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 02:56
Local repair team will replace the aircraft if it is unrepaired. Please leave me with the case number, I will help to check the status for you, thanks.

CAS-708751-Q2Y8N2
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks, we have made data analysis and it is pilot's fault about the accident.
The aircraft was crashed and damaged, the RC was water damaged, both two parts need to be replaced.
If you decide to replace the body only, please keep me updated, I will contact local team to update the quotation.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans438bb7eb
New
Sudan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 20:14
Thanks, we have made data analysis and it is pilot's fault about the accident.
The aircraft was crashed and damaged, the RC was water damaged, both two parts need to be replaced.
If you decide to replace the body only, please keep me updated, I will contact local team to update the quotation.

Thank you for your reply. Please replace the body of the drone only and the antenna of the RC.
IMG_7769.JPG
IMG_7770.PNG
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans438bb7eb Posted at 2017-8-11 06:05
Thank you for your reply. Please replace the body of the drone only and the antenna of the RC.

I will transfer your request to designated department to look into, we will have someone to contact you on business days, thank you for your patience.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans438bb7eb
New
Sudan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 20:11
I will transfer your request to designated department to look into, we will have someone to contact you on business days, thank you for your patience.

I am posting the email sent today by DJI that says again the drone has a water damage.
I reiterate that the drone has never been in contact with water.

I am shocked of the repair service and its very low efficiency and professionalism.
IMG_7792.PNG
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans438bb7eb Posted at 2017-8-15 04:13
I am posting the email sent today by DJI that says again the drone has a water damage.
I reiterate that the drone has never been in contact with water.

Our supervisor must have been confirmed with repair team before sending the email to you, please reply the email about your query and hope they will help to get it addressed soon.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans438bb7eb
New
Sudan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 00:34
Our supervisor must have been confirmed with repair team before sending the email to you, please reply the email about your query and hope they will help to get it addressed soon.

As I noted in this picture of my drone sent by DJI, the DJI sticker is water sensitive, and is WHITE. It will  turn from WHITE ( no water damage ) to RED ( water damage ) when the board  has been in water. I'd put DJI on the block for this! Either repair my drone for only the appeareance defect  as requested or I will decide to take legal action.
a1dedcdb-3754-4579-bb71-1d7904e3b6e0.jpg
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans438bb7eb Posted at 2017-8-17 06:07
As I noted in this picture of my drone sent by DJI, the DJI sticker is water sensitive, and is WHITE. It will  turn from WHITE ( no water damage ) to RED ( water damage ) when the board  has been in water. I'd put DJI on the block for this! Either repair my drone for only the appeareance defect  as requested or I will decide to take legal action.

OK, have you responded the email about your query? I have also transferred it to our customer supervisor for review, hope you will get a proper resolution soon.
2017-8-18
Use props
Typhoon78
New
Sudan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-18 00:30
OK, have you responded the email about your query? I have also transferred it to our customer supervisor for review, hope you will get a proper resolution soon.

Yes I have replied and I attach here the automated answer received. No actions yet at all.

DJI automated reply

DJI automated reply
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Typhoon78 Posted at 2017-8-20 04:35
Yes I have replied and I attach here the automated answer received. No actions yet at all.

Sorry that the reply and further resolution were delayed because of weekends. They will help you out as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-20
Use props
Typhoon78
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-20 19:09
Sorry that the reply and further resolution were delayed because of weekends. They will help you out as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.

No replies yet and no further actions! Please advise.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Typhoon78 Posted at 2017-8-25 22:22
No replies yet and no further actions! Please advise.

I've seen the resolution provided by our supervise was re-evaluating the damage last time.
I have contacted them to look into again, unfortunately it is weekend again, we will keep you updated on Monday. Sorry for that.
2017-8-26
Use props
Typhoon78
New
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 00:58
I've seen the resolution provided by our supervise was re-evaluating the damage last time.
I have contacted them to look into again, unfortunately it is weekend again, we will keep you updated on Monday. Sorry for that.

No reply yet received. Please share with me the new resolution. Rgds
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Typhoon78 Posted at 2017-8-28 02:18
No reply yet received. Please share with me the new resolution. Rgds

Sorry to have kept you waiting, the new quotation has been sent to you, please check at your most convenience. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
Rmeyer507
lvl.1
United States

I have to add to this.... Amazed... I got my quote yesterday .. Saturday.....  My gimbal arm was bent and my horizon was off a bit. It flew fine.. everything.....everything.. was fine other then horizon off by a few degrees.  I replaced the arm myself.. had an issue with connectivity when it was back together... check connections.. checked ribbon cable.. updated all Firmware.... Bird seems to function fine although I had not trie to fly... Gimbal lights were on..... I figured the heck with it.. Online says $65 and I think it was like $17 for the cable.  Let's do it.....
As I said  yesterday I got my quote.  
New gimbal $349
New Bird      $349

WTF ?  I didn't even pay that much. I bought it refurbed.. direct from DJI

They sent 3 pics.... 1 of the gimbal.. I did send it "Apart" but ok whatever   pic say water damage.... dot is white

2 other pics of inside the battery compartment.  dot is pink.. pics labeled water damage..

Had it a few months.. flown it a handful of times
Not wet... not rainy... not even as humid as average New England weather, just a few clear sunny days worthy of some photos.

Maybe they sold me a damp or wet product in the first place ? No way to tell at this point.... What about a cold UPS truck or bottom of a plane... Condensation during temperature changes maybe  ?

Not sure... but I will call them tomorrow.. I guess I know where this is going... and holding our property hostage if not repaired is ... Wow...  wow ..
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rmeyer507 Posted at 2017-12-3 11:35
I have to add to this.... Amazed... I got my quote yesterday .. Saturday.....  My gimbal arm was bent and my horizon was off a bit. It flew fine.. everything.....everything.. was fine other then horizon off by a few degrees.  I replaced the arm myself.. had an issue with connectivity when it was back together... check connections.. checked ribbon cable.. updated all Firmware.... Bird seems to function fine although I had not trie to fly... Gimbal lights were on..... I figured the heck with it.. Online says $65 and I think it was like $17 for the cable.  Let's do it.....
As I said  yesterday I got my quote.  
New gimbal $349

Hi Rmeyer, sorry to read on this, could you please leave me with the case number? I will help to check more details and make it clear for you, thank you.
2017-12-3
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

Typhoon78.... and now?  What is your destiny?
2017-12-14
Use props
fans5be27fce
New

Canada

Hi I just got a crazy service quote after mavic got hooked in a snowmobile track. This was 4 days after receiving my fly away aircraft that I had payed 315 CAD TO FIX. I've had a TERRIBLE time of it...   I'm fed up just want to get out of it with something. What should I do?  Sorry for blurry pic.  Quote is922 US.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5be27fce Posted at 2018-1-31 20:37
Hi I just got a crazy service quote after mavic got hooked in a snowmobile track. This was 4 days after receiving my fly away aircraft that I had payed 315 CAD TO FIX. I've had a TERRIBLE time of it...   I'm fed up just want to get out of it with something. What should I do?  Sorry for blurry pic.  Quote is922 US.

Could you leave your case number here? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether I can help.
2018-1-31
Use props
Dronerepair1
New

Philippines

yeah its getting expensive but you can get an estimate at dronerepairexpert.com ,it shoud be cheaper
2018-10-16
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

They did the same thing to me, I had a Mavic Air that needed parts replaced. I replaced every part in it myself with parts from a brand new drone but no matter what part I changed, I still got the same error code. I sent it to DJI  and they gave me an invoice for over 400.00. I explained that a lot of the parts listed on the invoice were brand new and were good, they told me that they had to replace the parts anyway and would not send the good parts back to me.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TwinCityAerial Posted at 5-5 21:08
They did the same thing to me, I had a Mavic Air that needed parts replaced. I replaced every part in it myself with parts from a brand new drone but no matter what part I changed, I still got the same error code. I sent it to DJI  and they gave me an invoice for over 400.00. I explained that a lot of the parts listed on the invoice were brand new and were good, they told me that they had to replace the parts anyway and would not send the good parts back to me.

Hi TwinCityAerial, we are so sorry for what happened and we never recommend customers to repair the drone by themselves, may I have the case number so that we can check more details?
2019-5-6
Use props
djiuser_CdOMJMpE0i6E
lvl.1

United States

I HATE DJI care.   its been 1 month.   I'm in a pinch and under the gun with a job i'm trying to do.   i called them and asked for expided shipping in any way.  Christ i'll pay 200 for next day, i need the damn drone.  NOPE.  NOT POSSIBLE.    F*%$% those guys.   Texas to Minnesota.   I could literally drive there and back within their "shipping time" that they say is the fastest.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CdOMJMpE0i6E Posted at 5-10 22:30
I HATE DJI care.   its been 1 month.   I'm in a pinch and under the gun with a job i'm trying to do.   i called them and asked for expided shipping in any way.  Christ i'll pay 200 for next day, i need the damn drone.  NOPE.  NOT POSSIBLE.    F*%$% those guys.   Texas to Minnesota.   I could literally drive there and back within their "shipping time" that they say is the fastest.

Hi there, we've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-188852-1-1.html Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you so much!
2019-5-10
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
Flight distance : 1168005 ft
United States

This is my dilemma at the moment gimbal over load this is what they charge me
9566BC8E-BB6C-4B84-8661-4C9AEBD84EB7.png
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
United States

Why are they charging me for a new drone if it’s a gimbal overload
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
United States

My drone flew perfect when I sent it in I’m not paying for a new drone
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
United States

Case number  CAS-3046062-P5K7V1
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
United States

They said it’s water damage but it flying I need the gimbal fixed that’s all
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a
United States

They didn’t even send me an inventory of the damaged parts or even assessed the damage oh it’s water damage here let’s charge him for a new one then keep his old one that’s fraud and I’ll be contacting my attorney if this doesn’t get resolved seriously
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_aGJYBAw02m3a Posted at 5-26 12:22
They didn’t even send me an inventory of the damaged parts or even assessed the damage oh it’s water damage here let’s charge him for a new one then keep his old one that’s fraud and I’ll be contacting my attorney if this doesn’t get resolved seriously

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the drone, upon checking the case, the aircraft and the battery were water-damaged, there will be potential threats and its performance may be severely affected. According to our after-sales policy, a replacement service will be provided instead of repair services for the water-damaged device. Thanks for your understanding. water-damaged.png
2019-5-26
Use props
fans60d42606
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-12 20:08
Can you tell us your RMA number or case number? We'll look into it.

Thats always your reply when pressed, we’ll look into it.
2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans60d42606 Posted at 8-25 16:19
Thats always your reply when pressed, we’ll look into it.

Hi, may I know if you encounter any troubles? Please kindly tell me the details so I can help.
2019-8-25
Use props
Kevin Penney
lvl.1

Canada

My camera stopped working and they also gave me a crazy quote.  I dont need a battery but some how the Camera cost pretty much the price of a whole new drone.

Item List

Mavic Air 2 Aircraft & Gimbal Camera

Quantity: 1

Net Price : 547.00

Total Price: 547.00

Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery (Global Excluding IN & TW)

Quantity: 1

Net Price : 115.00

Total Price: 115.00

7238F Propellers (CCW)

Quantity: 2

Net Price : 5.50

Total Price: 11.00

7238F Propellers (CW)

Quantity: 2

Net Price : 5.50

Total Price: 11.00

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment (USD$)

2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kevin Penney Posted at 10-15 11:51
My camera stopped working and they also gave me a crazy quote.  I dont need a battery but some how the Camera cost pretty much the price of a whole new drone.

Item List

Hi Kevin, sorry for the inconvenience caused that the repair cost is beyond your expectation, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the damage assessment, the drone was water-damaged due to stick command error. If the aircraft was water-damaged, its performance may be severely affected, and the aircraft will be beyond repair. So a replacement service is provided, instead of repair services. If you would like to remove the battery, we will inform the related team to adjust the quotation.
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules