Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What does this beeping mean?
3539 13 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noyag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

Does anybody know what this beeping means? It comes from the transmitter and nothing shows up on the DJI Go app. It is at 1:14 in this video:

2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds normal to me..

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It was telling you that there was another aircraft in the air 9.5 meters away and to be careful - look at the radar display, one of the green bars illuminates and "9.5M" appears...
2017-2-12
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

English :

That's normal, because you where pointing your sensors to the sun, it was obstacle avoidance. Btw, my personal suggestion, never use return to home when you are that close, it will auto land that's normal, fly home on the map, use it only incase something is really wrong as a last resort.

Dutch :

Ik heb dat altijd als ik mijn sensoren in de zon laat kijken

2017-2-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

this is a wild guess: maybe the other drone was also a P4 and the VPS is infrared, then your drone has detected the ir from the other and interpreted as a reflection of own ir and decided there's an obstacle ahead.
2017-2-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Obstacle avoidance shown on the screen of the app. Obstacle at 9.5 meters. Pretty clear (and pretty impressive).
2017-2-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly caused by the Obstacle Avoidance, I believe some can be erratic when facing towards the Sun (internal reflections seen as Objects). A calibration of the sensors using DJI Assistant 2 might help resolve that  'Phantom' Object.
2017-2-13
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

They are right...OA sys. work way cool on Phantoms.   On mine even the smallest of twigs will stop it.
wigged me out the first time it happened to me.  I'm still learning how to operate this Phantom 4.  It has been working way beyond my wildest dreams.
Even now when it happens,  I get all panicky and think i's getting ready to fly off or something like that. ( reading some of the problems that occur on this forum keep me on edge)
Learn to love that sound....It means your head is up your ??? and your drone is flying itself.  What could be better ??   
2017-2-14
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Isn't that noise made by the controller too when it's firmware is being updated?
2017-3-17
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

I have had a few "rapid beep" starts that continue past initial boot up and do not stop. I power the controller down and reboot; a few times to clear the anomolous boot up.
2017-4-2
Use props
Noyag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

Steelinox Posted at 2017-4-2 14:44
I have had a few "rapid beep" starts that continue past initial boot up and do not stop. I power the controller down and reboot; a few times to clear the anomolous boot up.

Thanks for your suggestion. I now know this was the obstacle avoidance system. But the weird thing was that it did not display anything in the app. My drone has been replaced by DJI.
2017-4-3
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

Noyag Posted at 2017-4-3 23:24
Thanks for your suggestion. I now know this was the obstacle avoidance system. But the weird thing was that it did not display anything in the app. My drone has been replaced by DJI.

come to find out that the beeping is actually a "controller (joy stick) calibration" warning. I did the calibrate and problem solved. Thanks to fb group DJI PHANTOM 4 & 4 PRO
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-4-5 17:15
come to find out that the beeping is actually a "controller (joy stick) calibration" warning. I did the calibrate and problem solved. Thanks to fb group DJI PHANTOM 4 & 4 PRO

Good to hear you got it sorted.
2017-4-5
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.1
Lithuania

last day I had that beeping also. No notification, no errors, just beeping flying toward east. And I did not understood what is it. After my flight was done, I saw another one guy with some kind of drone flying around in the same field where my drone was, but at that moment i didnt realized it! Now I understand
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules