1210 11 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I know this has been asked before.  I have searched this to no end.   I still have not found a solution.

I got a phantom 3 Pro today. Charged battery and remote. Turned on both and opened DJI app. It required me to do a firmware update so I did that. Restarted my RC and then I was required to do a radio signal update. I updated that and rebooted RC.

Now I'm stuck with no more update messages and it shows a red bar across the top saying rc signal lost and it flashes a continuous yellow light. I have relinked it multiple times.  Light on controller is green and I see video and it tells me home point has been updated message but I cannot get the controller to link.

On iPhone and brother is on Android with same problem.

Please help!
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, let us do this, Put the P3P out in the cold for 1/2 hour, without the battery, delete the GO APP, start RC, AC, Phone. DO NOT UPGRADE... Do an IMU calib, successfull, turn OFF AC, PHONE, RC.
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, let us do this, Put the P3P out in the cold for 1/2 hour, without the battery, delete the GO APP, start RC, AC, Phone. DO NOT UPGRADE... Do an IMU calib, sucessfull, turn OFF AC, PHONE, RC.

Start again, DO NOT UPGRADE if asked, DO a Gimbal calibration, if sucessfull turn off AC, PHONE, RC.

Start again, do a compass calibration away from metal and electronic interference. See if you can fly now, if everything is good than upgrade follow the instructions because sometimes you might need to update the controller first than update AC while controller is off.

If everything fail then downgrade to previous version. if still doesn't work than start a ticket.
2017-2-12
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I did exactly as you said but the problem is my IMU calibration is greyed out. Also, when I try to calibrate compass it says to hit start but it doesn't work. It doesn't take me through the motions to calibrate it.  I would think a ticket would be in order but it just seems like I'm not doing something right since my brother bought the same drone today and is having the exact same problem.
2017-2-12
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I report back with egg on my face but hopefully a lesson learned for others in the future. When I turned it on and started the app out of the box I was required to upgrade several different things. I thought I was upgrading RC and AC.

Well, turns out you do have to actually go through a PC or laptop and download the firmware for the AC.  After I did that it worked flawlessly.

Thanks dronist for the help!  For others that think everything is automatic and you don't need to watch the tutorial, better think again.
2017-2-12
Use props
hitz
lvl.2
Malaysia

I have the same problems also with my RC 1.80, radio signal lost appear. So to solve my solution I downgrade the RC back to Version 1.5.8 and it's solve the problems.
2017-2-12
Use props
Evolution
lvl.1
United States

I Have a similar problem. Can anyone help? I cant activate my phone to the RC. I get a message that says: Set failed.Check the connection between your device and mobile phone. I have tried everything. Changed cables, Mobile phones, Iphone 6 and Androids but problem remains. Does anyone now what i can do  now?
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Evolution Posted at 2017-2-12 19:59
I Have a similar problem. Can anyone help? I cant activate my phone to the RC. I get a message that says: Set failed.Check the connection between your device and mobile phone. I have tried everything. Changed cables, Mobile phones, Iphone 6 and Androids but problem remains. Does anyone now what i can do  now?

What's your aircraft model and what mobile device you used to connect the RC?
The LED status on remote is solid green and you can control aircraft with remote, right?
When running dji go app, there is no "Camera" button showing there?
2017-2-12
Use props
Evolution
lvl.1
United States

It is a DJI 3 advanced. It was the first time i was gonna fly it. The light on the RC is red. The app redirected me to the activate page, it is there that i got the message.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Evolution Posted at 2017-2-13 01:05
It is a DJI 3 advanced. It was the first time i was gonna fly it. The light on the RC is red. The app redirected me to the activate page, it is there that i got the message.

Have you activated it successfully?
Please check the firmware version and make sure it's up to date.
What mobile device you are using? please delete the APP and reinstall it.
2017-2-13
Use props
Evolution
lvl.1
United States

No, the activation is unsuccesful. I have tried 2 different Androids. Same thing happens with the iphone 6s.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Evolution Posted at 2017-2-13 06:22
No, the activation is unsuccesful. I have tried 2 different Androids. Same thing happens with the iphone 6s.

What is the error message you got on the screen if you failed to activate it?
You've deleted the APP and re-install, then tried again, right?
Please change another network connection if convenient.
If still the same case,  then PM me your aircraft SN and i will try to check it for you.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules