GOOGLE MAPS PETITION: Please GIVE IT BACK
895 10 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SunnySkies
New
Flight distance : 76145 ft
Canada

I am in Ontario, Canada and was just forced to update GO APP that now uses 'HERE' maps.
'HERE' map is unsafe!

All I get on my Samsung Tab E is either a white rectangle or a green blur.
I have a Phantom 4, was on location, crew & actors hired, cabins rented for everyone and the night before the shoot was forced to update (with the 'HERE' maps).
Had to cancel the shoot and lost money. This isn't recreational, it's serious business.

Are there plans to return to GOOGLE MAPS A.S.A.P.?
If not DJI has one unhappy (active Social Media) customer.

I mention China here because some external internet threads talk about GOOGLE BANNED in China....so we all suffer.
If this is the fact, then can DJI have an 'Outside of China' feature?

I potsponed our shoot but the client's 'government grant money' is tied to SEEING our final edited video within a couple weeks.
This is serious and time is of the essence.

Did I mention Please? Please.

2017-2-13
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

You are not the only one. Please join thousands of other DJI products owners experiencing this same issue. At my residence, HERE Maps display shows cloud cover. There is absolutely nothing to see. At other locations, the maps are outdated and/or missing a lot of detail. DJI customers have been crying for over a couple of months now. It appears like the message isn't being conveyed to the relevant authority/ engineers and/or they simply don't care. SMH
2017-2-13
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450190 ft
  • >>>
United States

HERE maps basically suck.  Why did DJI change them.??  Like going backwards technology wise.
2017-2-13
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

Thats what I cant understand.  Why would a company purposely make their product worse and at the same time, upset half of their customers.
2017-2-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could perhaps 'borrow' an Apple device if you're really stuck, they're still using 'Tom-tom' maps which are good. I wouldn't have though the map would be that essential for your work.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I am mostly in Camera mode myself. And on iOS.

But now that I understand the Android situation, I can see why the complaints are numerous.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Check your app now? Haha

Seems like my voice carried all the way to China...  

Bellow loud enough...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I too was forced to 'upgrade' from 2.9.1 and now see the Here maps. Maybe it is different in other places but there did not seem to be that much difference from the Google map. Maybe you cannot zoom in quite as much but I am not even sure about that.
Of course I had to connect to the internet to download the maps and before that happened there was just a white rectangle.  
Android 6 here.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-13 13:32
I too was forced to 'upgrade' from 2.9.1 and now see the Here maps. Maybe it is different in other places but there did not seem to be that much difference from the Google map. Maybe you cannot zoom in quite as much but I am not even sure about that.
Of course I had to connect to the internet to download the maps and before that happened there was just a white rectangle.  
Android 6 here.

Did you check it, to see if yours had changed again?

It might be better now. I can't know, on iOS...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 14:09
Did you check it, to see if yours had changed again?

It might be better now. I can't know, on iOS...

Maybe later...
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

When ever, it's convenient. No hurry, it may be there a while.

Get used to it...Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules