6193 34 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an Inispire 1, Phanto 4 and now mavic and I do a lot of AEB 3 or 5 shot photos.  Looking at the output from taking a photo with the Mavic it seems that its not really doing proper stepping for exposure, compaired to my I1 and P4.

Looking at the camera info I dont see any changes and I can clearly see no stop changes in the 5 images I have.

aeb.jpg

Anyone else seeing the same issue?
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I just used AEB 3 for the first time yesterday, worked fine for me. Was running latest iOS and DJI Go 4.03 on the latest downloadable firmware.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted to your same question in your other thread.
And to add to that when you select download you can see that it downloads either 3 or 5 photos.
I've just done it again and it's working as it should.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Are you sure you didn't accidentally select multi shot instead of AEB? I've hit the wrong settings a couple times while flying when there's a lot of glare on my screen.
2017-2-13
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-13 14:46
Are you sure you didn't accidentally select multi shot instead of AEB? I've hit the wrong settings a couple times while flying when there's a lot of glare on my screen.

im pretty sure this is the 3rd time I have tried it. something is not right..
2017-2-13
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BTW Im in jpeg+R mode, and looking at the DMG files from the SD card.. who know if a certain setting might be causing it but right now its not working for me and im on the latest iOS build and Mavic Build.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-2-13 16:23
BTW Im in jpeg+R mode, and looking at the DMG files from the SD card.. who know if a certain setting might be causing it but right now its not working for me and im on the latest iOS build and Mavic Build.

Don't know what to tell you, I'm also using RAW+JPG and it's working fine for me on both 3 and 5 stops. I am shooting 16x9, though, fwiw.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

I've seen few reports that I can't now find that talk about some flight function, maybe Active Track, that resets camera settings when the function is exited, but I was under the impression that was an Android bug? Grasping at straws here...
2017-2-13
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-13 19:00
I've seen few reports that I can't now find that talk about some flight function, maybe Active Track, that resets camera settings when the function is exited, but I was under the impression that was an Android bug? Grasping at straws here...

Thanks, Ill do yet another test today.. we have had a break in the weather here so Ill take it out and see what happens..   

The prob is how to debug it if its not.. I wonder if flight logs would say anything..
2017-2-14
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok so tested it again today however I did do the firmware update and it reset a bunch of my settings (DJI stop doing this) .. and tested a AEB 5 shot and it came out as expected!
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-2-15 16:24
Ok so tested it again today however I did do the firmware update and it reset a bunch of my settings (DJI stop doing this) .. and tested a AEB 5 shot and it came out as expected!

Glad to hear it, maybe there was some minor corruption that was ironed out by the update process.
2017-2-15
Use props
qrDso3lZW0aj
lvl.1

United States

t

My AEB is working fine however I noticed a weird issue.  I am using RAW+JPG and the photos are captured just fine.  However whenever I try to download the JPGs from the drone with the remote connected to my phone and the dji go 4 app it seems to get screwed up.  It acts like it is downloading the photos and the progress bar pops up however after leaving it there for over 30mins it still never downloads the photos.  I can take the sdcard out and put it in a computer and they are there and I can download them just fine however when I try downloading over the connection with the remote it does not do it correctly.  Anyone else try this?  If so are you having issues too?  I did not have this issue before just noticed it the other day.
2017-2-20
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

qrDso3lZW0aj Posted at 2017-2-20 16:28
My AEB is working fine however I noticed a weird issue.  I am using RAW+JPG and the photos are captured just fine.  However whenever I try to download the JPGs from the drone with the remote connected to my phone and the dji go 4 app it seems to get screwed up.  It acts like it is downloading the photos and the progress bar pops up however after leaving it there for over 30mins it still never downloads the photos.  I can take the sdcard out and put it in a computer and they are there and I can download them just fine however when I try downloading over the connection with the remote it does not do it correctly.  Anyone else try this?  If so are you having issues too?  I did not have this issue before just noticed it the other day.

Hmm, I never download stuff from the app, I always take the sd card out and connect it directly to my computer to avoid any issues ..
Here is an 5 image AEB processed Aurora HDR Pro taken from the Mavic Today.

Lake Tahoe Dam

Lake Tahoe Dam

2017-2-24
Use props
MainFocus Photo
lvl.1
Australia

I have had a nightmare trying to work out the AEB issues on my Mavic I would get two shots exactly the same ( checked with Lightroom histogram) and one shot darker  but what makes it really strange is the dark shot has a slower shutter speed !!! To solve problem I bought Litchi.
2017-4-19
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MainFocus Photo Posted at 2017-4-19 05:01
I have had a nightmare trying to work out the AEB issues on my Mavic I would get two shots exactly the same ( checked with Lightroom histogram) and one shot darker  but what makes it really strange is the dark shot has a slower shutter speed !!! To solve problem I bought Litchi.

I have been noticing some strange exposure settings recently, however I haven't had much time to look deeper into it.  I usually do a 5 shot j+raw AEB with the Mavic..
2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I shoot 3 shot brackets on my phone. It's the only way to get perfect shots, but haven't messed with it on the mavic. I'm just so obsessed with video. {:4_169:}

I noticed the raw is decent though taking side by side photos of my birds. I can't really mess with the jpg quality off mavic, looks aweful.
2017-4-19
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-19 09:51
I shoot 3 shot brackets on my phone. It's the only way to get perfect shots, but haven't messed with it on the mavic. I'm just so obsessed with video.

I noticed the raw is decent though taking side by side photos of my birds. I can't really mess with the jpg quality off mavic, looks aweful.

Wait, you do what with your phone? Just to be clear I have my settings for Photos set to AEB 5 and enabled Jpeg + Raw .. I only use the RAW images to merge.  I do also agree with you about the quality.. For anything Im putting out on the net I'm usually shooting with my Inspire camera
2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-19 12:15
Wait, you do what with your phone?  Just to be clear I have my settings for Photos set to AEB 5 and enabled Jpeg + Raw .. I only use the RAW images to merge.  I do also agree with you about the quality.. For anything Im putting out on the net I'm usually shooting with my Inspire camera

3 shot expo bracketing is what they call it. Use an android app called A better camera (paid unlocked). Can shoot 4k video too xd On my 200 dollar one plus x. Not supposed to but the sensor was good enough and the devs at xda-developers made it happen.

That's a nice picture you shot there.
2017-4-19
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok, guys I need to revisit this post, I have been able to fly a lot more since its finally stopped snowing here in Lake Tahoe, and I can deff say that the Mavic Pro (latest firmware) has an issue with AEB.  For example I went out on the lake the other day and set it to 3 shots.  The first 2 shots are the exact same and the last one is metered down.. After looking though several dng's this is the case with my Mavic.

I also noticed if your in video mode and you hit the button on the controller it fails to take a AEB for you, in fact you have to switch in the app to photo, then let it focus and finally it takes the 3 or 5 shots for you.. :/

I can provide images for DJI if you guys need to look at them along with any data logs.
2017-5-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2017-5-16 08:51
hi,

today I noticed the same issue shooting RAW 2 shots AEB. They came out all with the same exposure/shutter speed.

Are you sure you weren't using interval mode? It's called Timed Shot on iOS.
2017-5-16
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is  still an issue.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

Gateway Posted at 2017-5-10 11:21
Ok, guys I need to revisit this post, I have been able to fly a lot more since its finally stopped snowing here in Lake Tahoe, and I can deff say that the Mavic Pro (latest firmware) has an issue with AEB.  For example I went out on the lake the other day and set it to 3 shots.  The first 2 shots are the exact same and the last one is metered down.. After looking though several dng's this is the case with my Mavic.

I also noticed if your in video mode and you hit the button on the controller it fails to take a AEB for you, in fact you have to switch in the app to photo, then let it focus and finally it takes the 3 or 5 shots for you.. :/

I can confirm this as well What can be done here?
2017-9-23
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

Reseting the camera settings fixed the issue for me completely on an Adroid device. This is so great!!!
2017-10-26
Use props
djiuser_0g3GklVYDUDl
lvl.1

United States

I hate to revive this thread, but the information is pertinent to my situation because I am having the exact same problem, except it is with a Phantom 3SE.  

When I shoot a 3 or 5 frame burst in AEB, the first two images are the same exposure despite the data saying the shutter speeds are different, and the shutter speed data for the successive images are the reverse of what it should be (1/500 is brighter than 1/125 and so forth).  This is consistent through extensive testing... and before anyone asks, yes I am 100% sure it is on AEB because it is the main setting I use on the drone.  Now if I manually bracket, the data for the shutter speeds are as they should be as far as the correlating exposure goes (darker to lighter, 1/500 - 1/60).  

I spent time emailing with DJI support and they determined it was a faulty camera, so I sent it in for repair and when it returned the same problem was still there... so it has to be in the software somewhere.  The question, is it a bug, or a feature?  Also, I contacted Litchi support and they stated they use the same code for the AEB function, and sure enough the same problems occur with the Litchi app as well.

What is interesting is I have noticed that when I use a custom color balance, the onscreen light meter fails to function, so I wonder if it is a setting conflict... maybe?

I am shooting Raw format, custom color balance, 4:3 ratio, style is -1, -1, -1, and the color is D-Cinelike.  

Any positive input, insights, or comparisons are welcome.  In the meantime I'm going to try testing 5 shot burst with different settings to either find one where everything plays well together, or determine it's the same across all settings.  If anyone is interested I'll let you know what I discover.

2018-3-29
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you are not in auto exposure mode. Otherwise the camera will try and equalize everything. Be in manual exposure mode.

mel
2018-3-29
Use props
DrifterArk
lvl.1

United States

I just shot a few 100 images (on a table, not flying) in the AEB 5-shot burst mode, toggling the different setting on and off.  

To make sure I covered everything I took notes as to all of the different settings I tried as I went, starting with manual exposure and ran through all of the various options, then switched to auto exposure and reran through the exact same options.

So I switched from custom white balance to auto, style of -1 -1 -1 to none, color from D_Cinelike to normal, Raw to jpeg to R+J, 4:3 to 16:9, and every combination I could muster of all the above… and in the end, no changes.

In both of the Raw and jpeg files the histogram was identical on the first two images of the series of five.

So I’m open to suggestions at this point (any that don’t include sending the drone back for repair again for no reason).
2018-3-29
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

I just noticed this too, here is a link to the thread I created.  

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1284951

But what I did notice that has not been mentioned here is that this problem comes and goes.  I may be happening at the beginning of the flight, and it corrects itself before the end.  Or starts out fine and messes up later in the flight.  
2018-4-1
Use props
sleepingawake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Turkey

mlamb Posted at 2018-4-1 18:19
I just noticed this too, here is a link to the thread I created.  

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=142749&page=1&extra=#pid1284951

I have the same problem i guess. When i shoot AEB mode, 2 of them are exactly same even though shutter is different. I upgraded the firmware a few months ago but still the same.
2018-4-24
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

I figured out this is caused by having a shutter speed of 1/50 of a second or slower.  Get it up to 1/60 of a second or faster, and you won't have this problem.
2018-4-24
Use props
Double_A
lvl.1

I am having the same issue, regardless of the aspect ration or shutter speed.

Any one know if DJI is working on this?
2018-7-29
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-2-13 16:23
BTW Im in jpeg+R mode, and looking at the DMG files from the SD card.. who know if a certain setting might be causing it but right now its not working for me and im on the latest iOS build and Mavic Build.

I tried the same settings you have some time ago.  The jpeg came out fine but the RAW came out horribly blury.  Never tried jpeg-raw again.
2018-7-29
Use props
sleepingawake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Turkey

Any update on this? I still have the same exposure image even though it says different shutter speed. I tried resetting and updating firmware.
2019-2-4
Use props
DonViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951421 ft

I also have a problem capturing bracketed photos on my Mavic Pro. If I choose 3 for the AEB, the first two photos are exactly the same exposure. I am a professional photographer and shoot realty. My previous drone, the Phantom 3, did not have this issue. There should be one underexposed, one regular exposure (or whatever you have set that you see on your screen) and one over exposure. I am getting two regular exposures, and one slightly over exposure. When I do the ground stuff with my Canon DSLR, I shoot bracketed as well (3), one over, one under, and one regular.  I should note that I am working on a freshly downgraded, and re-upgraded firmware on both the drone and the controller. I did the downgrade because I was trying to fix the issue, but nothing has changed.
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules