DJI GO *STILL* eating up battery (Android)
1260 5 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kaitlyn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

I had posted before about issues with the DJI GO 4 app sucking up my battery after a fresh restart AND never even opening the app.

Well now I've gone into app info, force-stopped it, and then at some point later in the future it has reopened itself. Just checking now, it's reporting having used 7% of my battery. And it's STILL not in my recents/all-apps list.

What on earth is going on? I am (basically) required to have this app to fly the mavic, but it just eats battery when I don't want it around.

2017-2-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You know the name of the game... HUNGRY, HUNGRY, Hipppooo...Hungry...

On a serious note... IOS is skinnier than the Android and won't eat much...MIne (IPHONE 6S + never touched the battery..NOT EVEN ONCE...
2017-2-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You could try a app called greenify and put it in the doghouse. Used to use it on previous versions of android. Force stop should keep it down until the next time it's launched, least in android 6.
2017-2-13
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Same here. It seems to be triggered by general activity on the phone. At least on my Google Pixel. If I don't use the phone, DJI Go 4 battery use is a 1%. That's not super high, but it is still the most consuming "real app" on the phone. And I got a looot of apps installed.

If I regularly use the phone, DJI Go 4 battery use climbs up to 5-10% ! Still without having opened the app at all. Not even once.

DJI, please fix this.

(DJI Go 4 v4.0.2 on Google Pixel with Android 7.1.1)
2017-2-13
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I am sure, innocently, DJI are tracking your location and probably updating Here maps in the background. Innocently. There is no data being streamed back to a Chinese datacentre. Nope. Never.
2017-2-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

No, China does not do those things, never.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules