Gimbal pitch indicator in degrees
10791 8 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Hi,

is there any way to see the exact gimbal pitch in degrees (-90 to +30) at any given moment of the flight? I wish it was included next to the camera settings in the app. What I need it for is to be able to pre-plan certain shots, so I could predict where the horizon line is going to be exactly before I take the shot.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
2017-2-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Sorry if this is not helpful but... can't you see the horizon in your video feed before you take your shot?
2017-2-14
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

RSW Posted at 2017-2-14 10:34
Sorry if this is not helpful but... can't you see the horizon in your video feed before you take your shot?

The point of having it indicated in degrees is that you can pre-program it later in a waypoint mission, e.g. in Litchi, or any other apps. I would like to be able to control what the camera sees at each waypoint without actually going there first (not as in draw mode of DJI app), so I need to know which gimbal angle should I set. For that I would just need to go up to exactly the same altitude (corrected of any differences in terrain height at the waypoints), set up the gimbal pitch, which works best for my composition, read the degrees and put it in Litchi app. Hope this makes sense.
2017-2-14
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg
2017-2-14
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I want the reading of the gimbal pitch on my screen in the app when I am flying
Thank you though!
2017-2-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-2-14 10:58
The point of having it indicated in degrees is that you can pre-program it later in a waypoint mission, e.g. in Litchi, or any other apps. I would like to be able to control what the camera sees at each waypoint without actually going there first (not as in draw mode of DJI app), so I need to know which gimbal angle should I set. For that I would just need to go up to exactly the same altitude (corrected of any differences in terrain height at the waypoints), set up the gimbal pitch, which works best for my composition, read the degrees and put it in Litchi app. Hope this makes sense.

Without that being possible you might just launch Litchi and take a series of photos with 10 - 15 degrees between each one to get an idea of the angle you envision. After a while you just get a feel for it. I agree that the visual indicator of the gimbal angle in the app is not of much value.
2017-2-14
Use props
timmyd
lvl.2
United States

This is old but I too want to see a specific degrees.  I can get close but if someone specifies an exact degrees for a photo, I want to easily enter that degrees.  If they want 30, then I do not want 31.  You can not eyeball exact degrees.  This should be a very simple thing for DJI to implement.
2018-4-11
Use props
Katie445
lvl.1

India

After a while you just get a feel for it. I agree that the visual indicator of the gimbal angle in the app is not of much value.  diebestetest
2019-2-24
Use props
Katie445
lvl.1

India

https://www.diebestetest.de/
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules