Which program do you use to develop RAW photo's?
5435 13 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdwinOng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1797034 ft
Netherlands

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the development of the RAW photo (3:2). When I open the the RAW file in Affinity Photo (OSX program), i see a huge distortion in the picture. Do you guys have this problem as well or am I the only one?

Thanks you in advance for all suggestions and tips!

Kindest regards,

Edwin

Affinity photo destortion .png
2017-2-14
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
Canada

Lightroom. I believe it has a lens profile for it. Otherwise I use one of the GoPro lens profiles.
2017-2-14
Use props
brunobaptista
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

I use both Lightroom and DXO Optics, but I have a P4 (not Pro).
Both have lens profile for the Phantom 4 (not yet for the Pro, but it should be a matter of few weeks).

DXO Optics has much better noise removal than Lightroom, but I personally prefer Lightroom for editing, adjustments, etc.
2017-2-14
Use props
s0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

See this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-83571-1-1.html

The lens profile hides/corrects some of these lens characteristics. Compare a raw to a jpg taken at the same time (shoot in jpg+raw). Perhaps the vignetting is adjusted, or maybe the image is cropped to produce a slightly smaller jpg image?
2017-2-14
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

flowbie Posted at 2017-2-14 09:37
Lightroom. I believe it has a lens profile for it. Otherwise I use one of the GoPro lens profiles.

In recent updates there is profile correction for every DJI lens.
2017-2-14
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

brunobaptista Posted at 2017-2-14 11:02
I use both Lightroom and DXO Optics, but I have a P4 (not Pro).
Both have lens profile for the Phantom 4 (not yet for the Pro, but it should be a matter of few weeks).

DxO11 doesn't open P4P DNG files. My other photo software On1 RAW does, but the results are similar to that example from Affinity.
I have written DxO to ask about P4P support but the friendly guy from customer service couldn't tell.

It is somewhat disappointing that DJI doesn't make life a bit easier for Mac users. Not only is it hard to get decent results from their DNG files, it's also very hard to transcode the H265 and H264 video files.
2017-2-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

THE DJI RAW DNG files have a built-in lens profile for their cameras, you just need an application that knows how to use them. If you can't open the DNG files, download the free Adobe RAW converter, it produces a DNG that most programs can open.
2017-2-14
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-14 14:55
THE DJI RAW DNG files have a built-in lens profile for their cameras, you just need an application that knows how to use them. If you can't open the DNG files, download the free Adobe RAW converter, it produces a DNG that most programs can open.

DxO11 still doesn't recognise the DNG's after conversion by Adobe RAW. The P4P is not in their list of supported cameras. The P4 is so there's still hope...

DxO11 Fail

DxO11 Fail
2017-2-14
Use props
khsijgers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649367 ft
Belgium

Same problem here with P4P files. Lot's of distortion and DNG nearly impossible to work with without Lightroom
2017-2-15
Use props
khsijgers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649367 ft
Belgium

Same problem here with P4P files. Lot's of distortion and DNG nearly impossible to work with without Lightroom
2017-2-15
Use props
fansdaf9554a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

I also use lightroom, already have it for my cameras.
2017-2-15
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Lightroom here. Already had it for other uses.
2017-2-15
Use props
cruising.com.br
lvl.2
Brazil

Why DJI don't offers its own RAW processing software like Sony does with its Image Data Converter? It's free for Sony camera owners and very simple to use!
2018-2-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use Photoshop and/or Lightroom - for my P4P .dng and the files have the lense correction "Built-In" so dont need anything further. (Also the GoApp does a pretty bad job with stitching panos so I would recommend Photoshop for doing this and not the GO app.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules