Latest Lightbridge 2 Firmware Update
3702 18 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please be advised that there has been an update to the Lightbridge 2 System. The release notes are as follows:
Air System: v1.1.50

Ground System: v1.2.00

DJI GO App: iOS v3.1.5, Android v3.1.3

DJI Lightbridge 2 Assistant: v1.0.9

What’s New:

1.       Added support for the remote controller extension component.

2.       Fixed an issue where digital artifacts occurred in some scenarios.

3.       Optimized video downlink performance.

2017-2-14
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi Jamie,
The app version on my iPad is 3.1.5, have we gone backwards or is it a typo?

ricci
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-14 14:23
Hi Jamie,
The app version on my iPad is 3.1.5, have we gone backwards or is it a typo?

That was a typo on my end, sorry about that. I went ahead and corrected it.
2017-2-14
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 14:35
That was a typo on my end, sorry about that. I went ahead and corrected it.

Greetings DJI-Jamie,
Just noticed there is a X5r F/W update and also an X5 too for the M600, I have the x5pro so do I still use the osmo pro FW?

Thanks

Ricci
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-14 15:14
Greetings DJI-Jamie,
Just noticed there is a X5r F/W update and also an X5 too for the M600, I have the x5pro so do I still use the osmo pro FW?

There's actually already a 01.10.01.40 download package for the M600 on the M600 download page. You should be able to use that for your unit.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 01.10.01.40.bin.zip

From what I see, the OSMO side hasn't been updated yet, it's still one behind. I'm going to look into getting that rectified for other users.
2017-2-14
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 15:54
There's actually already a 01.10.01.40 download package for the M600 on the M600 download page. You should be able to use that for your unit.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/m600/camera+firmware/MATRICE600_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin.zip

Thanks.

ricci
2017-2-14
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am truly gobsmacked by this Jamie _ no Fport function after all? Unless we spend another £230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Scandalous.  

DJI promised F port function on launch of the A3 with no mention of extra hardware. Even throughout  2016, when you look at all the posts on this subject, there has been no mention of a hardware addition to make this function work.
We have always been led to believe that this is a Firmware upgrade and not a hardware issue. You even told us in around November last year that the new firmware was 'in testing'.
We then get the announcement that there is an expansion kit which needs to be purchased in order for the advertised  functions to work.
DJI must have known this when the A3 was launched but instead of being up front and honest, they have continued to lie, both to you and all the members of this forum for nearly a year now.
DJI are guilty of obtaining money under false pretences (FRAUD) and misrepresentation.
Even now it is not clear to potential purchasers what the extreme limitations of the A3 are, so they continue, unchallenged, to give false and misleading information.
The arrogance and dishonesty of this company  continues to amaze me, and the fact that they have not been held to account for this corrupt practice astounds me!
I guess that some form of compensation is out of the question as the treatment of M600 owners illustrated?
DJI's deceitful commercial practices  make the dishonesty of Volkswagen look insignificant by scale and they were fined billions!
2017-2-18
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

I support the previous opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WHY i need pay additional money for F-PORT ? also A3 and N3 at last firmware cant control GEAR!!!! DJI repair GEAR!!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
fans306a1605
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182812 ft
United Kingdom

I have an S900, Lightbridge 2, A3 Pro, and X5. Im having problems connecting to DJI Assistant 2. I power Up the controller, Then the S900. I connect the micro USB from the LED to my MacBook Pro.
I can see the A3 Logo and click on it. The screen gives me the Menu on the left with the dashboard etc and on the right side of the screen I have the firmware details. I then get an "Arrow Cursor with No Entry Sign" on my cursor when i place it anywhere over the menu. /Users/markvinall/Desktop/Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 22.17.33.png
2017-2-18
Use props
fans306a1605
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182812 ft
United Kingdom

I have an S900, Lightbridge 2, A3 Pro, and X5. Im having problems connecting to DJI Assistant 2. I power Up the controller, Then the S900. I connect the micro USB from the LED to my MacBook Pro.
I can see the A3 Logo and click on it. The screen gives me the Menu on the left with the dashboard etc and on the right side of the screen I have the firmware details. I then get an "Arrow Cursor with No Entry Sign" on my cursor when i place it anywhere over the menu.
IMG_4998.JPG
2017-2-18
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

It is also noteworthy to point out that, despite it not being included in release notes, the HDMI and PIP bug was fixed in the latest LB2 update.

Jamie, thank you for your influence on getting this included with the latest release!
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

memo.problem Posted at 2017-2-18 13:09
I support the previous opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WHY i need pay additional money for F-PORT ? also A3 and N3 at last firmware cant control GEAR!!!! DJI repair GEAR!!!!

I'm sorry I don't quite understand, do you mean that you cannot control the landing gear? Are you using a Spreading Wings frame or a 3rd party one?
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans306a1605 Posted at 2017-2-18 14:23
I can see the A3 Logo and click on it. The screen gives me the Menu on the left with the dashboard etc and on the right side of the screen I have the firmware details. I then get an "Arrow Cursor with No Entry Sign" on my cursor when i place it anywhere over the menu.

That seems odd, have you already tried reinstalling the Assistant 2 program? What OS is your MAC running on? Could you verify what Assistant 2 version you're using?
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

3x3q Posted at 2017-2-18 16:45
It is also noteworthy to point out that, despite it not being included in release notes, the HDMI and PIP bug was fixed in the latest LB2 update.

Jamie, thank you for your influence on getting this included with the latest release!

It's good to hear that was sorted for you.
2017-2-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the response Jamie.

The fact that DJI was unable to find a software solution is not my responsibility, DJI should not have promised what they  were unable to deliver.

I paid for a FC with a promise that F port functions would be 'coming soon'  with no indication of extra equipment or expense. Now DJI expect me to pay for that solution!

I purchased the A3 and chose it's specification to do a specific job based on information published at the time. It now turns out that the FC is 'not fit for purpose', nor will it ever be without considerable extra investment.

I have spoken to the UK trading standards and they agree that DJI are guilty of  product misrepresentation  and giving false information to it's customers.

I have emailed DJI legal department seeking a solution by way of refund and/or compensation and if I don't get satisfaction I will email the CCA with all the relevant information from this forum.
2017-2-19
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Skysight,
There is a thread on multiple M100's suffering a runaway, (http://forum.dji.com/thread-65709-1-1.html)  DJI did an investigation and said it was because of a third party software which was actually one of their partners, then users of the go app also said they had runaways which closed DJI's argument. The person who started the thread reported the dangerous situation to the aviation authorities, I think CASA, Austiraila, because they were a commercial company and required to do so. The net result was........No outcome so far!      I have found many inconsistencies in the technical specifications that are direct contradictions to the statements on the website, it is if the marketing people have no connection to the facts which is misrepresentation. If DJI were a European company they would be in court  so many times for this type of behaviour they might not survive but they are not covered by our laws and regulations so I see little avenue for compensation, and what can the CAA do? I have worked with the CAA for a few years and they have no actual power to apply sanctions or effect third parties as can be observed by the increasing number of drone incidents at airports where they have the greatest powers. In my opinion, the handful of people who are affected by they're marketing disconnect is not great enough to do any damage to their reputation so whilst I feel as indignant as yourself about being lied to,  maybe the adage of "life is to short " might be relevant here too as is " don't let the buggers walk over us, David & Goliath style"!!!!!.
They do make a great product and it is always undergoing development technical speaking, which is good for the future of the industry however they seem to have a very home-grown attitude to the users and forgetting  we are informed and intelligent PEOPLE unlike certain parts of the world where being suppressed is normal.
It's confusing because this forum is sponsored by DJI and yet I am here having a dig at them for some of the less flattering aspects of their business practices and on another page I will engage in a technical topic to move the product to a better place. I guess this is why you seldomly see an engineers enter into politics.Good luck.

Ricci
2017-2-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Ricci,

A very balanced post with which I agree in the most part.

I guess DJI have evolved faster than their ability to cope with how to communicate with their ever growing number of customers.
If there had been a post based around the M100 issue that you describe offering us at least an explanation I would perhaps be less angry, but no nothing.
DJI have known about the problems, pretty much, since the A3 launch and have chosen to sweep it under the carpet rather than communicate. If it were a car, then it would be recalled and a free fix would be performed. This kit costs ad much as a small car and we are treated less well than if we had bought a pack of gum!

I, like you, have engaged in helping others on this forum when I am able and when the answers do not come from DJI and will continue to do so in the spirit of this community. However I do feel that if this was Europe or the USA, DJI would be required to rectify the problem, and that is all I ask as a matter of principle.

2017-2-19
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

Anybody, please, translate: "DJI Lightbridge 2 Assistant: v1.0.9"
I want download this
2017-2-19
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi,
could you explain "translate" do you mean into Russian? or how it functions?
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules