Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 PRO GIMBAL JERK ISSUE
12Next >
5533 62 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there

Please could someone help me !
Ok so i really wanted a Phantom 4 Pro after having ll the previous models , BUT  after reading all the issues some people were having i wanted to make sure i got a decent one from hopefully a new batch so last week i flew to Hong Kong to speciafically buy one from the store there .
I went to the DJI store in Causebay Bay in HK and bought mine there . I must say they were very helpfull and registered and upated it for me while i was in the store .
I spent over $3000 in the store with all the accesories etc !!

NOW THE BAD PART - first flight and i am getting a jump/twitch on every flight i do . I flew it for the first time today and i am getting like a twitch in the recording .
I landed it , changed the battery and on my second and third flight also did it . it does it about every 3-4 minutes.

I am using a SANDISK EXTREME PRO sd card so super fast !

This video attached does it at 13 seconds ! Please help me on what it could possibly be .

Feeling very ripped off after all the money i spent .

Cheers
Greg
2017-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unfortunately, you have not attached a clip.

oops, OK there you go.
This has been reported a number of times, but so far it does not seem to have been addressed by DJI. It will most likely be fixed in a future update.

2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-14 14:27
Unfortunately, you have not attached a clip.

oops, OK there you go.

It does it on every flight i have like 8 examples from all 8 of my flights today - not happy
2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ANOTHER EXAMPLE
2017-2-14
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Do you see it on the screen while recording?
Are you playing it from SD card?
Did you save it to your computer and had the same issue?
2017-2-14
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-2-14 16:36
Do you see it on the screen while recording?
Are you playing it from SD card?
Did you save it to your computer and had the same issue?

Hi
No , don't see it on the screen while recording.
I see it while playing it from the SD card AND when i have saved it to my computer.
2017-2-14
Use props
James Patterson
First Officer
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
France

Thats horrible sorry to hear about this! i was going to buy a phantom 4 pro soon but maybe i'll wait abit more! should be a firmware update soon
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to clarify, you are located in UK and purchased it in HK, right?
I've transferred your videos to our engineers for evaluation.
2017-2-15
Use props
ucantstop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 836280 ft
Poland

sadly i am having almost the same issue - but happens quite ocasionally.
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Please help confirm the resolution of the videos as well, thanks.
2017-2-15
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

well I wish I had your issue your twitch is nothing mine is so bad I thought my phantom was almost flipping mine does this during yaw left/right
2017-2-15
Use props
sshorty
lvl.3

Australia

I seem to have a similar issue with my P4P..have only just noticed it starting to happen in the last couple of flights.
I also run the same micro SD card - Sandisk Extreme pro 64gb..
I wonder if the micro SD card may be part of the issue. Would be interesting to see if others using the same card are having issues?
I hope DJI fix this ASAP
2017-2-15
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sshorty Posted at 2017-2-15 12:14
I seem to have a similar issue with my P4P..have only just noticed it starting to happen in the last couple of flights.
I also run the same micro SD card - Sandisk Extreme pro 64gb..
I wonder if the micro SD card may be part of the issue. Would be interesting to see if others using the same card are having issues?

Hi mate
Quick update on this . I did an IMU calibration and a gimbal callibration and problem seems to have gone now .flew yesterday and today and no problems. Greg  
2017-2-16
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-15 03:29
Just to clarify, you are located in UK and purchased it in HK, right?
I've transferred your videos to our engineers for evaluation.

Hi
yes i am based in London but bought it from your causeway bay store in Hong Kong .
I did do a gimbal calibration and IMU calibration yesterday and then went to fly it again and no problem.
So hopefully fixed !
I will try again today and let you know , but thanks for replying.
I will keep you updated .
2017-2-16
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-15 05:05
Please help confirm the resolution of the videos as well, thanks.

I was shooting at 4k @ 60fps
2017-2-16
Use props
mpaka
Flight distance : 19252874 ft
Serbia

James Patterson Posted at 2017-2-15 02:50
Thats horrible sorry to hear about this! i was going to buy a phantom 4 pro soon but maybe i'll wait abit more! should be a firmware update soon

You are thinking the right way. I returned P4P, and took back my P3P, which in my experience has superior gimbal.
Returned the 4P because of huge horizon tilt issue, which i see many people have.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:25
Hi
yes i am based in London but bought it from your causeway bay store in Hong Kong .
I did do a gimbal calibration and IMU calibration yesterday and then went to fly it again and no problem.

Thank you for the update, please keep us posted.
2017-2-19
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 00:28
Thank you for the update, please keep us posted.

Hi
The jerk is back ! I am having endless problems !
Not only is the jerk back but i have the following issues now too !

Please help me Natalia

Greg

Hi
Please could someone help me if you could .
I bought a Phantom 4 pro 2 weeks ago from the DJI shop in Hong Kong and have just had endless problems .

My newest problem is this :

1 : The Bird leans to the left when its hovering , its not straight . Does this matter ?
     If i change it from "GPS" mode to "Alti" mode it straightens itself staright away and is dead level. Normal ?

2 : I am getting totally incorrect alltitude on my ipad when flying , eg : says i am at 8 meters when i am nearly on the floor.

3 : When i fly it a few meteres ( Just over head hight ) off the floor to the left or the right  it starts to decend while going left or right , if i keep going after about 100m it will hit the floor if i keep going !!  Does not seem to do it when its very high though.

Thanks in advance
Greg
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-20 08:26
Hi

I saw your another post, please let me know the result, if no improvement, then it needs to be sent in, our engineers will help you evaluate it and test the performance.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Crooked
lvl.1

United States

DJI doesn't seem to have made a proper horizon level a real priority. This has been going on for a loooong time.

For something as simple has the constant wind warnings (even in no wind) they have yet to fix it.

Don't expect DJI to adequately address ensuring that the horizon is level much more frequently. It might be a hardware and design limitation of their gimbals and they aren't willing to put money or time into redesigning a gimbal which can consistently maintain a level horizon.

Telling their online support is completely useless. They pretend they have never heard of this issue even though it has been going on for years. They pretend that the constant wind warnings are news to them as well, even though it is a glaringly obvious bug to anyone and has been spoken about as nauseum for a couple months now.
2017-2-21
Use props
Kevmo53
lvl.1

United States

My P4 Pro has the same exact issue you guys are having here with the gimble jerk or twitch almost on every single flight. It's almost always in a turn or when it's slightly windy or pulling up for a stop. My gimble horizon has really been drifting a lot lately too. Please update us DJI!
2017-2-21
Use props
JoiCam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

I did some tests on this problem to day on P4P.  The problem disappeared when I increased the gimbal expo high enough. I did this in steps until the jerk and twitch issue stopped and tryd to keep the expo as low as possible. At least It is a temporary solution until this issue will be fixed in firmware ore something.
2017-2-21
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JoiCam Posted at 2017-2-21 14:33
I did some tests on this problem to day on P4P.  The problem disappeared when I increased the gimbal expo high enough. I did this in steps until the jerk and twitch issue stopped and tryd to keep the expo as low as possible. At least It is a temporary solution until this issue will be fixed in firmware ore something.

Hi
Could you please clarify which setting you are taking about ? where to find it ?
I can only find the following settings :
Advanced settings
Gimbal pitch speed
Enable upwards gimbal tilt
Gimbal pitch smoothness
Enable Synchronised gimbal pan flow

Or are you talking about where to adjust the stick sensitivity ?
Please help where to find .
Thanks so much

2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Crooked
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 23:18
I saw your another post, please let me know the result, if no improvement, then it needs to be sent in, our engineers will help you evaluate it and test the performance.

Hello DJI employees (Natalia, Jamie, etc)!
This is DJI-Crooked (short for Crooked Horizon):
I was wondering if you would be so kind to enlighten those who have paid thousands of dollars for your drones if you ever plan on making a Phantom which does not have the crooked horizon problem?
Oh Great Ones, please enlighten us flocks if you shall bless us with a straight horizon. In the name of Vishnu, Krishna, and Babbaghanoush; in honor of falafel, please let us know.
Namaste,
Your humble servant,
DJI-Crooked (short for Crooked-Horizon)
2017-2-22
Use props
JoiCam
Second Officer
Iceland

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-21 23:51
Hi
Could you please clarify which setting you are taking about ? where to find it ?

In the gimbal advanced settings :pitch EXP
2017-2-22
Use props
Armando AM
Aruba

I also have this issue. Any news on when there will be a new firmware update?
2017-2-23
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:25
Hi

Hi Greg, I'm thinking Wimbledon Park area?  My in-laws live just across the railway line prom the park.
2017-2-23
Use props
CrookedHorizon=
lvl.1

United States

Armando AM Posted at 2017-2-23 05:22
I also have this issue. Any news on when there will be a new firmware update?

I doubt this issue will be fixed anytime soon. Just like the crooked horizon issue, DJI doesn't even acknowledge that this is a problem, so just like the crooked horizon issue, I doubt they are working on a fix anytime soon.
2017-2-23
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-2-23 05:48
Hi Greg, I'm thinking Wimbledon Park area?  My in-laws live just across the railway line prom the park.

indeed it is i live right across the road from it
2017-2-23
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-23 15:58
indeed it is  i live right across the road from it

Looks like we're allowed to fly there too.  There are bylaws against powered model aircraft but they specify that the power is combustion engines.  Clearly pre LiPo rules!  Must remember to bring mine along next time I'm up there.
2017-2-24
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-2-24 13:52
Looks like we're allowed to fly there too.  There are bylaws against powered model aircraft but they specify that the power is combustion engines.  Clearly pre LiPo rules!  Must remember to bring mine along next time I'm up there.

Yeah if you going to fly there , let me know and i will join you
2017-2-25
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Add me to the list of those having the little "twitch" on playback. I don't see it on the screen but when I play back the raw footage or pull it up in Premiere Pro every once in a while there is this little blip in the recording. Annoying - yes....
2017-2-25
Use props
JoiCam
Second Officer
Iceland

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-21 23:51
Hi

gregcrammond72
Did you try increase the gimbal expo?
2017-2-25
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JoiCam Posted at 2017-2-25 11:14
gregcrammond72

Hi
In the advanced gimbal settings the top one says :
Gimbal pitch speed - Correct one ?
i have it set on 30 so i should speed it up ? more towards 100 ?
Thanks so much
Greg
2017-2-26
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JoiCam Posted at 2017-2-25 11:14
gregcrammond72

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i64.tinypic.com/258zbcg.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Top one ? Closer to 100 ?

Thanks Greg
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gregcrammond72 Posted at 2017-2-20 08:26
Hi

Hi Greg if yourAC is leaning to the left or right when hovering that is almost certainly an IMU problem, it's the IMU job to try to correct movements like yours, I know you calibrated but are you certain you did this correctly,
This could also be the cause of your jerking. I can post an article I wrote to explain what IMU does in your aircraft, just let me know..
2017-2-26
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 02:31
Hi Greg if yourAC is leaning to the left or right when hovering that is almost certainly an IMU problem, it's the IMU job to try to correct movements like yours, I know you calibrated but are you certain you did this correctly,
This could also be the cause of your jerking. I can post an article I wrote to explain what IMU does in your aircraft, just let me know..

Hi
thanks for your reply , IMU calibration did sort the problem . thanks very much.
Only problem now is the gimbal twitch but as you can see from the message above i had someone give me a possible solution . Just waiting for a reply to exactlly what setting they are referring too . think its the top one . thanks again
2017-2-26
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 02:31

Can you please post a link to your article? That would be very helpful.
2017-2-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules