Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?
8359 177 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

95%, with only one loss of RC issue to go against the many, many positives.

I think the experiences with drones are pretty binary so there won't be many '75%'s out there.

It's like dating a supermodel... You're on top of the world until it all goes sideways, and then you're devastated.
2017-2-15
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

More than that 100%. you are onto a winner, hope that you are not one of the very small percentage of horror stories though bear in mind it may not arrive in your expected time frame! Happy flying
2017-2-15
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

I'm so close to being 95% that it isn't even funny.  My only gripe is a small horizon tilt issue that I have, which segways into me being primary an android OS user.  Sadly, there is quite a huge difference between the android OS and iOS version of DJI Go 4, and it can be quite frustrating to say the least.  If DJI were to at least make them equal in terms of features that they are capable of doing, then I'd be set right at 99%.  
2017-2-15
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am 100% happy with my Mavic ... I turn it on and it flys ...  how well it fly's really depends on my piloting skills that's a whole different conversation ....
2017-2-15
Use props
d6nje
lvl.2
France

90%+ satisfied... had my drone for 2 weeks and flown around 5/6 times in the same location at home.

Only issues I've encountered are loss of signal to the controller at 900-1000m so I've not yet managed any further than 1000m. Didn't want to go further when I'm struggling to see where I'm flying from my phone.

Then during 1 flight it kept stopping due to invisible objects. The sun was behind clouds so not sure why it was happening.

Other than it's been fine... just waiting for the weather to improve!!
2017-2-15
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 853 ft
United States

Surfing online and reading through forums can sometimes lead to some apprehension for sure.  It probably doesn't help that folks often seem less likely to post about the times that the expected or satisfactory happens.

I received a defective/broken unit after a lengthy wait and posted about it.  I was less than 90% satisfied.

The replacement that I eventually received seems to be functioning like I would expect but I hadn't really posted specifically to that effect (til now).  Even though I am probably more than 90% satisfied with this one.

But I don't think that the "unsatisfied" stuff is always solely negative.  Some of it has reinforced some good practices for me, made me aware of things to avoid, etc.  
2017-2-15
Use props
SCTyobmqjWsD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3599 ft
United States

All I gotta say is it's freakin awesome!  My 1st drone and so far it's exceeded all my expectations.  I got buddies that are big into photography and are just blown away at what the mavic is capabale of capturing.  For the price it's a no brainer.
2017-2-15
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

100% Satisfied! I love My Mavic!
2017-2-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Always room for improvement but totally love the Mavic. It's a game changer for me. For the first time ever I can get quality aerial video in the places I love (remote mountains)
2017-2-15
Use props
Rapazcl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369915 ft
Chile

I can add that many people are not able to recognize their error, and seek to blame the Mavic, I have flown with a wind of 19MpH, in  Fog conditions and I have had no problems
2017-2-15
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-2-15 09:18
100% Satisfied! I love My Mavic!

I have only 3 flights and have had no problems. Coming from flying scale model helicopters, the Mavic is a dream to fly. And as a photographer this thing marries my two hobbies into one. So 100% so far, my only problem is i live 1 mile away from March Air Reserve Base and have to be extremely careful to fly at home.I use Android LG V20 and ios with a ipad mini.
2017-2-15
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Fully satisfied. Building the Mavic, DJI did a great job.
2017-2-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

So far so good.....it has been flawless and am impressed every time I take it out at the battery life, range, video quality, stability, RTH accuracy.....the list goes on. I would give it 100% but there are a few things I think could be better like bring back Google Earth maps (HERE is terrible), bring back Art mode, give the user ability to silence (or at least control the volume of) the beeping!, release the DJI goggles, offer a parallel charger etc.....with that said I am giving it a score of 90% which is still an "A". Overall....super impressed and happy with my purchase....
2017-2-15
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

I'd be 100% if I didnt have the raising altitude issue on RTH.  For the drone itself to automatically raise altitude during RTH...
Need to fix that
2017-2-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

curtismyhero Posted at 2017-2-15 07:36
I'm so close to being 95% that it isn't even funny.  My only gripe is a small horizon tilt issue that I have, which segways into me being primary an android OS user.  Sadly, there is quite a huge difference between the android OS and iOS version of DJI Go 4, and it can be quite frustrating to say the least.  If DJI were to at least make them equal in terms of features that they are capable of doing, then I'd be set right at 99%.

What are these huge differences ?
2017-2-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Australia

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-15 10:12
I'd be 100% if I didnt have the raising altitude issue on RTH.  For the drone itself to automatically raise altitude during RTH...
Need to fix that

How is that an issue ? Isn't that what the mavic is meant to do ?

If you don't want it to raise in altitude... can you just set the RTH altitude very low?  
2017-2-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Australia

Perfect so far ...100%...  What blows me away, is that people expect the android app to work perfectly on every single android device available what 24,000 devices all with different versions of android, different versions of manufacture software and different hardware ... if your device is not on the compatible list... it may not work correctly and its not a problem with the app .... how don't people understand that ?>??
2017-2-15
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-2-15 10:28
What are these huge differences ?

I guess "huge" is subjective, but I'd consider them big (I also have the osmo mobile that hack lacking features so I'm a bit stung by the whole ordeal).  An example of this would be facebook live stream not working on android OS.  An another example is the C2 + right wheel hotkey for horizon tilt adjustment.  I'm sure there are others, but those two are pretty big to me.
2017-2-15
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Have it for a few weeks now, quite some flying already done with it. I keep getting more and more accustomed with it and loving it more with every flight.
2017-2-15
Use props
Canes76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will say - I was also so scared at reading all the stories.  I am 100% satisfied so far with the Mavic, every time I fly, I get better and better.
I am cautious as it is a $1200 machine and want to be careful, but I LOVE FLYING IT!

2017-2-15
Use props
Scott Moore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have had mine for 2 weeks now and love it. I upgraded from the P3P. My only complaint is I need to learn the camera settings better. My sky seems to be washed out sometimes. Have 2 hours and 15 flights. And when birds are close I switch into sport mode and leave them in the dust. :-)
2017-2-15
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Very satisfied with mine. I wish the camera were a little better but I'm very impressed overall.

Wish I could say the same about the weather.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ricky Wu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Perfectly find except broken gimbal back piece
2017-2-16
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Yep! Over 90 here. Only 10% satisfied with DJI cs itself (excluding mods, they ok) so that totals it over 100%.
2017-2-16
Use props
Goofy
lvl.2
Netherlands

100%. First drone, so lot's to learn, but with the Mavic it is easy to experiment during flight. No issues at all.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-14 18:30
flew a few times too paranoid reading all these stories to fly it now so im grounded til i start seeing progress from dji software fixes but i havent really had any problems. i just dont trust it seems like a only mater of time

What does your Mavic do that concerns you ?
What software fixes are you referring to ?
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yours should be arriving now, enjoy and have fun with it.
It is an absolute incredible aircraft for it's size.
2017-2-16
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Very happy (>=90% happy) after 56 flights and nearly 17 hours of flying.  Advice: Read the manuals and start off slow(ly).   
2017-2-16
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

I like mine so far after 20 flights!  My Inspire is great as well, but the Mavic is soooooo easy to set up and fly!  
2017-2-16
Use props
Teesquar
lvl.1

United States

Satisfaction level: Incomplete - Damn weather has not been cooperative although this weekend looks like it's going to be sunny and in the high 50s so it'll be go-time.

Now if I could just get it through my thick head to remember that gimbal plastic piece.
2017-2-16
Use props
NugGerath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135118 ft
Poland

No problems at all - you can call it 100% satisfied customer for now. (air time approx 2 hours). MP recieved with 0300 version, updated to 0400. IOS. No single signal/control lost etc.
2017-2-16
Use props
VitoAntifermo
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic has performed flawlessly in a variety of conditions. I think it's an awesome piece of equipment.
2017-2-16
Use props
MavPro19
New

Canada

For sure. the mavic is an incredible piece of technology. only thing is, if you are inside, DO NOT SHUT CONTROLLER OFF WITH THE DRONE ON!!! it will think you lost signal and will "return to home" causing it to crash. But no more horr, the mavic is the best piece of technology ive ever owned!
2017-2-16
Use props
MavPro19
New

Canada

mcd0nald Posted at 2017-2-14 17:55
95% if my mavic never had issue with softness image issue!!! Flying wise....it's nicotine addicted, otherwise!!!!

You have to use tap to focus, that should clean it up
2017-2-16
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

MavPro19 Posted at 2017-2-16 19:36
You have to use tap to focus, that should clean it up

*sigh*
trust me i know what i m talking bout for right left blurry image on my mavic
2017-2-16
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

80% satisfied here -20% unsatisfied due to an unexplained drop from the sky while landing that cost me 2 props
2017-2-16
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

99% Satisfied - only losing 1% for the occasional crash of the DJI Go 4 app. I have owned multiple drones and this has been the most fun to fly so far and is perfect for me. I can chuck it in my backpack and hike to my favourite flying spots - its awesome. I've flown 66 flights, 111 kilometres in total distance with a total of 11.3 hours flight time and have loved every minute of it and have captured some amazing footage.
2017-2-16
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-2-15 06:25
I like to make pow pow with mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUH65h-9bY

Nice use of a Mavic . A little Tannerite is good also ,lol
2017-2-26
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

I'm very satisfied with mine.
2017-2-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My mavric is working great after the latest firmware update. Had VPS issues but now all is good...
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules